Jump to content

Do you think 2019 freeman better than 2019 tevin coleman


Recommended Posts

Coleman dropped the ball when he had a chance to be the man last year. Granted our offensive line wasn’t that good, but from me just watching him run he isn’t as good running the ball as Freeman. Just faster. And I believe a healthy Freeman with a revamped Oline returns to his first year as a starter form without the drop off 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the same ages,, I'd take Free,, But now and Coleman being younger,, I'd take Cole. But of course I'm rooting for Freeman.. One of my all time favorite Falcons. I was Frees biggest fan when we first got him,, Still rooting for him to do good of course ... And still a fan,, just not sure how well he can get back to form.

There is a time to play,, there is a time to slow down,, and there is a time to step down,, I'm not sure were Free is now,, We'll see, hope he can play a few more years. I think he'll do the right thing when he figures that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why would they cut Mckinnon? That's $9.7 mill dead money this year.

I'm meaning next offseason , Coleman is much better than McKinnon.@ya_boi_j let's be honest. There were at least 4 other games where Coleman was just flat out gashing teams. Browns, Cowboys, he was running really well in the Bengals game till they just stopped. If they win those 3 games they are 10-6. People dont look at the oc at all. Freeman wasn't that good in 2017 w/ Sarkisian. 

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, caponine said:

I'm meaning next offseason , Coleman is much better than McKinnon.@ya_boi_j let's be honest. There were at least 4 other games where Coleman was just flat out gashing teams. Browns, Cowboys, he was running really well in the Bengals game till they just stopped. If they win those 3 games they are 10-6. People dont look at the oc at all. Freeman wasn't that good in 2017 w/ Sarkisian. 

You said soon so I assumed you were talking about this season. McKinnon and Coleman share similar traits. Both are home run hitters, both can catch out of the back field, neither have good vision and both are liabilities trying to block. McKinnon was injured last season so can't really say how he would have fared as the main back. Coleman should be their go to guy but he's not that much better than McKinnon. He's certainly had way more opportunities than Mckinnon though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You said soon so I assumed you were talking about this season. McKinnon and Coleman share similar traits. Both are home run hitters, both can catch out of the back field, neither have good vision and both are liabilities trying to block. McKinnon was injured last season so can't really say how he would have fared as the main back. Coleman should be their go to guy but he's not that much better than McKinnon. He's certainly had way more opportunities than Mckinnon though

Difference is coleman can actually run though , McKinnon cant. And he only had 1 season ?? McKinnon had almost like 3 ?? With a oc like Kyle shanahan he'll better than 2016. Every rb doesnt have to have great vision , Zeke nor Gurley have it. Their lo's are just always great 

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Difference is coleman can actually run though , McKinnon cant. And he only had 1 season ?? McKinnon had almost like 3 ?? With a oc like Kyle shanahan he'll better than 2016. 

McKinnon wasn't the lead back in Minnesota though. He was apart of a committee as well. Where do you get the notion that McKinnon can't run?? I ask because I've seen a good bit of decent runs by him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

McKinnon wasn't the lead back in Minnesota though. He was apart of a committee as well. Where do you get the notion that McKinnon can't run?? I ask because I've seen a good bit of decent runs by him

He was the lead back in 2014 when he gashed us and 2016 I believe when adrian Peterson got hurt. He shared time with asiata. Because he can't tbh , in a lead role he's only had 530 yards. To put that in another way, Coleman as a backup and only getting 40% of snaps was able to put up more yardage than him. Coleman got better every year. McKinnon,  not so much 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

He was the lead back in 2014 when he gashed us and 2016 I believe when adrian Peterson got hurt. He shared time with asiata. Because he can't tbh , in a lead role he's only had 530 yards. To put that in another way, Coleman as a backup and only getting 40% of snaps was able to put up more yardage than him. Coleman got better every year. McKinnon,  not so much 

I just went back and looked at the game logs from 2014 and 2016. He had a slew of awful games in both seasons against teams that were great against the run. You got me there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I just went back and looked at the game logs from 2014 and 2016. He had a slew of awful games in both seasons against teams that were great against the run. You got me there.

He's a great receiver though, that's why I think Shanhan is going to use him in the pass catching role tbh.. ironically even though they had McKinnon,  they didn't think twice about getting Coleman. He's possibly the starter on a 10 mil contract. Lol that's crazy , even tho McKinnon is injured they could have still announced him the starter. He's the star back with 30 mil. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...