falcons007

Should Falcons be concerned at Kicker?

133 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Finally,

Like I said Tevecchio is an ok kicker but he needs time to develop. He kicks lefty and IMO right legged kickers are much more accurate. We need to snap up which ever kick Chicago cuts, both of their kickers are good.

5 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Finally,

Like I said Tevecchio is an ok kicker but he needs time to develop. He kicks lefty and IMO right legged kickers are much more accurate. We need to snap up which ever kick Chicago cuts, both of their kickers are good.

Fry was the one that was cut. I work in Orlando and Spurrier loved him while he was with the AAF.

Embrace the suck likes this

We can sign another one as good as what we got anytime. In fact, he will probably still be out there. We can't gamble with trying to develop him right now. Bring Bryant back and ride him till he's done. He's ready to go. Dude can still kick 50+ yarders.

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

We can sign another one as good as what we got anytime. In fact, he will probably still be out there. We can't gamble with trying to develop him right now. Bring Bryant back and ride him till he's done. He's ready to go. Dude can still kick 50+ yarders.

I doubt Matt Bryant kicks a 50+ yarder with out getting hurt. It’s time to give Taveechio chance and find a kicker if he doesn’t get it right.

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I doubt Matt Bryant kicks a 50+ yarder with out getting hurt. It’s time to give Taveechio chance and find a kicker if he doesn’t get it right.

Thankfully, Quinn has said no and we'll have another when the season starts.

Just now, stizz said:

Thankfully, Quinn has said no and we'll have another when the season starts.

I doubt if we have new kicker by then, they may sign one to push next week.

Posted (edited)

On 8/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, falcons007 said:

Taveechio was almost 50/50 today for FG over 42 yards. He struggled kicking from the right hash from both ends. Either it was bad day or he is work in progress. He better not go in to mental slump, with Kickers it’s all in the head.

Absolutely, we should be concerned.  How many NFL games are won, or lost, by 3 or less points?  Unless Taveechio has an injury there's no excuse for his pre-season struggles, and who knows how long it will take him to correct whatever's wrong? 

Very concerning. You can scheme, to a degree, around most deficiencies, but how do you scheme around a kicker that's "lost it"?

Edited by brewman
falcons007 and Dr Long Shot like this

Haaaaaaaa lol our kicker kicks like a girl.   Might as well give the world champ soccer gal a shot.  I bet she picks it up quick.

falcons007 likes this

33 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Haaaaaaaa lol our kicker kicks like a girl.   Might as well give the world champ soccer gal a shot.  I bet she picks it up quick.

Wow, you still show up every now and then over the last couple of decades realsurfin! Haha, hope you are doing g well.

Realsurfin and falcons007 like this

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Wow, you still show up every now and then over the last couple of decades realsurfin! Haha, hope you are doing g well.

Couple of decades?

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s a guess. I doubt they bring an inexperienced kicker. Roll with Teveechio and probably sign some one if needed. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

He did this past week. He's been doing it. He's been staying ready.

falcons007 likes this

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s a guess. I doubt they bring an inexperienced kicker. Roll with Teveechio and probably sign some one if needed. 

There may be a guy brought in this week for tryouts. There will be some Kickers but even if you bring Bryant back you might be stuck with 2 Kickers in 53man.

Is Giorgio PS eligible?

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

There may be a guy brought in this week for tryouts. There will be some Kickers but even if you bring Bryant back you might be stuck with 2 Kickers in 53man.

Is Giorgio PS eligible?

Not for PS. The best thing is push him with competition. I am not sure about Bryant, I guess that ship sailed.

3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

He did this past week. He's been doing it. He's been staying ready.

Pressure is what you feel when you are not prepared. But but I heard practice is not important.