falcons007

Should Falcons be concerned at Kicker?

133 posts in this topic

Taveechio was almost 50/50 today for FG over 42 yards. He struggled kicking from the right hash from both ends. Either it was bad day or he is work in progress. He better not go in to mental slump, with Kickers it’s all in the head.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

no. period.

I like you so I'll say this, don't be another one of these punk "oooooh, I'm so nervous" dudes. in the HOF game every single snap was too high and Bosher barely got the ball down before the kick. just put the energy out there that he's gonna hit every kick when the bullets go live.

Just now, raysnill1 said:

no. period.

I like you so I'll say this, don't be another one of these punk "oooooh, I'm so nervous" dudes. in the HOF game every single snap was too high and Bosher barely got the ball down before the kick. just put the energy out there that he's gonna hit every kick when the bullets go live.

:lol::lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

no. period.

Who said anything about HOF game. It was in the training camp today in the dome. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Who said anything about HOF game. It was in the training camp today in the dome. 

How dare you ask a question. Shame on you dude

falcons007 likes this

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Taveechio was almost 50/50 today for FG over 42 yards. He struggled kicking from the right hash from both ends. Either it was bad day or he is work in progress. He better not go in to mental slump, with Kickers it’s all in the head.

I know what you typed but still ... oh **** it never mind.

falcons007 likes this

With kickers, it’s usually their heads that become the issue, not their legs. Italian Ice clearly has the leg, last year going 5/5, you just don’t want him miss a few easy ones and get &$# up in the head about it. 

Who was it, Feely or one of our kickers who looked great for a while and started missing everything and we let him go. 

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

With kickers, it’s usually their heads that become the issue, not their legs. Italian Ice clearly has the leg, last year going 5/5, you just don’t want him miss me and get &$# up in the head about it. 

Who was it, Feely or one of our kickers who looked great for a while and started missing everything and we let him go. 

Jason Elam, the guy who won games in 2008 and fizzled out in 2009. Yeah, hoping its just bad day not something in his head. 

Ergo Proxy and gazoo like this

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

With kickers, it’s usually their heads that become the issue, not their legs. Italian Ice clearly has the leg, last year going 5/5, you just don’t want him miss a few easy ones and get &$# up in the head about it. 

ELeft.

falcons007 likes this

He’s a left footed kicker. It seems he would have to get a little more push to the left from the right hash opposed to booting It and letting It hook from the left hash. 

I have to ask, how does someone go 100% and struggle??

falcons007 likes this

9 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

He’s a left footed kicker. It seems he would have to get a little more push to the left from the right hash opposed to booting It and letting It hook from the left hash. 

I have to ask, how does someone go 100% and struggle??

It may just be preseason jitters, but if he keeps missing it will start messing up the head. 

I think it’s more of angle than extra push, all the missed kicks went wide right. It was like watching a curve ball. 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It may just be preseason jitters, but if he keeps missing it will start messing up the head. 

I think it’s more of angle than extra push, all the missed kicks went wide right. It was like watching a curve ball. 

Were those kicks closer or further back?

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Were those kicks closer or further back?

Most of them From 42 yards to 50. He was hitting 55 yarders from left hash. 

20 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Most of them From 42 yards to 50. He was hitting 55 yarders from left hash. 

I guess we better keep Julio on the left side on third and long 

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Taveechio was almost 50/50 today for FG over 42 yards. He struggled kicking from the right hash from both ends. Either it was bad day or he is work in progress. He better not go in to mental slump, with Kickers it’s all in the head

luckily Matt Bryant is still available.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

You said he was 50 for 50. Do you mean he missed all of his long kicks?

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Ol’ Blair Walsh was the same. He drilled kicks at seahawks camp when I was there then choked in the regular season. 

gazoo likes this