Jump to content

Falcons training camp Defensive observation.


falcons007
 Share

Recommended Posts

DL: 

DQ is biggest difference you notice in DL. He spent all the time till scrimmage started with DL. 

DQ spent time with Vic, Cominsky, Clayborne and Takk on stunts. 

Vic and Clayborne looked the sharpest among edge rushers. 

Falcons Middle of DL looks much bigger than last year. 

Cominsky got some reps with first team, he got chewed by DL coach after getting pancaked on one play. He is raw, but he looks fast for his size. 

Secondary: 

Neal and Allen looked sharp and healthy. Allen almost had a diving pick. 

Kazee was playing Nickle, Miller, Sheffield and Oliver on the outside. 

LB: Debo, Duke and Foye didn’t practice. It was Campbell, Carter and Grace. 

Falcons ran 4-3 and 3-4 mixed in with Cominsky, Jarret, Vic and Takk in pass rushing situations. 

I think Falcons DL will surprise few folks with DQ paying special attention to Vic. He probably knows his job may depend on the DL. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think our DL is going to surprise many of our own fans.

in 2017 we finished top 10 in points and yards, and I believe our DL has more overall talent on it, as well as DQ taking over. 

We are better equipped across the line to get interior pass rush pressure AND stop the run this year with bigger DL that can play DE or DT. Senat looked good last year for a 3rd round rookie, he’s going to be better, but Davison’s teammates were really disappointed he got away due to his strength and toughness, and Bailey has exceptional strength and can play DE. Crawford only played 4 games in 2017  and his awesome play last year was overshadowed by  all the injuries. Hageman already flashed his brute strength and quick first step. And Grady is a beast.

add in the fact both Takk and Beasley are said to be looking great at this point and color me excited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think our DL is going to surprise many of our own fans.

in 2017 we finished top 10 in points and yards, and I believe our DL has more overall talent on it, as well as DQ taking over. 

We are better equipped across the line to stop the run this year with bigger DL that can play DE or DT. Senat looked good last year for a 3rd round rookie, he’s going to be better, but Davison’s teammates were really disappointed he got away due to his strength and toughness, and Bailey has exceptional strength and can play DE. Hageman already flashed his brute strength and quick first step. And Grady is a beast.

add in the fact both Takk and Beasley are said to be looking great at this point and color me excited.

Agree. I have been very vocal about Falcons DL, I can see a change from last year. I am cautiously optimistic after watching today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was quite surprised at how well Senat help up last year being a 3rd round relatively undeveloped rookie.  I don’t recall ever seeing him get pushed around, his balance was excellent, and he frequently busted into the backfield. 

Senat comes back after that r Like campaign having learned a ton, and this year I expect him to make a big leap in his ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

DL: 

DQ is biggest difference you notice in DL. He spent all the time till scrimmage started with DL. 

DQ spent time with Vic, Cominsky, Clayborne and Takk on stunts. 

Vic and Clayborne looked the sharpest among edge rushers. 

Falcons Middle of DL looks much bigger than last year. 

Cominsky got some reps with first team, he got chewed by DL coach after getting pancaked on one play. He is raw, but he looks fast for his size. 

Secondary: 

Neal and Allen looked sharp and healthy. Allen almost had a diving pick. 

Kazee was playing Nickle, Miller, Sheffield and Oliver on the outside. 

LB: Debo, Duke and Foye didn’t practice. It was Campbell, Carter and Grace. 

Falcons ran 4-3 and 3-4 mixed in with Cominsky, Jarret, Vic and Takk in pass rushing situations. 

I think Falcons DL will surprise few folks with DQ paying special attention to Vic. He probably knows his job may depend on the DL. 

 

Great insider info, bro.  Glad to see DQ spending so much time with the DL.  Sounds like LB’ers had a day off.  

And I am so thrilled about your Vic observation.  What looked good about him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Great insider info, bro.  Glad to see DQ spending so much time with the DL.  Sounds like LB’ers had a day off.  

And I am so thrilled about your Vic observation.  What looked good about him?

Both Vic and Clay had good speed, penetration and motor. I saw Vic making double moves and stunts to get around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...