Bailey Contract Finally Out: 1-Year Rental

I think Julio will be announced soon.  They finally released the Bailey numbers.  It’s a 1 year rental.  Great contract by TD.  Just 4 million against the CAP this year leaving us 3.5 mill to add to Julio’s current number.

Baikeynmakes 6 mill next year leaving us 9 million over 2020 CAP.  But we save 4.5 mill by cutting him so I doubt he is on the roster in 2020  unless he has another career season

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think Julio will be announced soon.  They finally released the Bailey numbers.  It’s a 1 year rental.  Great contract by TD.  Just 4 million against the CAP this year leaving us 3.5 mill to add to Julio’s current number.

Baikeynmakes 6 mill next year leaving us 9 million over 2020 CAP.  But we save 4.5 mill by cutting him so I doubt he is on the roster in 2020  unless he has another career season

He balls....he stays...

And why do yall cap project when you know with cuts and expiring contracts....the cap will look completely different than what you're looking at now

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

He balls....he stays...

And why do yall cap project when you know with cuts and expiring contracts....the cap will look completely different than what you're looking at now

That number includes a 12 million CAP increase and takes off all expiring contracts.  Only cuts and restructures (not many viable options) can bring that number down 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We're making other cuts.

Bailey is staying.

Next? Dude, why you spinning stuff?

57 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

That number includes a 12 million CAP increase and takes off all expiring contracts.  Only cuts can bring that number down 

Technically, untrue.

Sanu and Ty will be first up if it's about cuts and not extensions or restructures. That's $10M+ right there.

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Technically, untrue.

Sanu and Ty will be first up if it's about cuts and not extensions or restructures. That's $10M+ right there.

Restructures outside of Mack & Mathews make no sense.  Our CAP for 2021 is already 170 million for 38 players. No point deferring more onto 2021

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Restructures outside of Mack & Mathews make no sense.  Our CAP for 2021 is already 170 million for 38 players. No point deferring more onto 2021

Some guys may take less money to keep their roster spot.

Bailey can stay. He's one of like 4 DL on roster right now for next year. He isn't a cut candidate as much as Sanu or Ty.

If Mack wants to play beyond 2020 he could extend to 2021 or simply re-structure to help 2020 cap. That's just 3 guys we're talking about.

ADDED:

Schaub is another $2M. He won't be back.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

43 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No what it means is watch this space.

Just because the numbers say something now doesn’t make it so.

Yes, you’re right.  I’ve said it 20 times.  We can restructure every player on a 2nd contract.  You could.  But it’s stealing from Peter to feed Paul.  

And 2020 & 2021 are not currently set up to absorb deferred payments.  Not unless you plan on cutting Ryan.

2021 will have 110 million tied up in our top 5 contracts.  Leaves 100 million for the remaining 46 of top 51 contracts.  It’s just a reality, not a narrative.

25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If the cap goes up at the same rate as it has, that 210 mil for a 2021 cap, so there's 50 mil of free space.

Ty is 5.2 mil against the 2021 cap, he's never going to see that.

Tru is 16 mil, Free is 9 mil, Carpenter is 6.4, Not going to do the dead cap for those, but that's 36 mil that can be cute easily.

There's also the possibility that the Falcons will start doing what the Saints have with an older QB, keep pushing cap into the future to keep the core team around Ryan together for  couple of serious runs at the title.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

If the cap goes up at the same rate as it has, that 210 mil for a cap, so there's 50 mil of free space.

Tru is 16 mil, Free is 9 mil, Carpenter is 6.4, Not going to do the dead cap for those, but that's 36 mil that can be cute easily.

There's also the possibility that the Falcons will start doing what the Saints have with an older QB, keep pushing cap into the future to keep the core team around Ryan together for  couple of serious runs at the title.

^This. Exactly this.

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If the cap goes up at the same rate as it has, that 210 mil for a 2021 cap, so there's 50 mil of free space.

As we’ve discussed, the money will be found.  By definition it has to be found up to 89%.  It’s just the cost of creating it and the dead money associated with such early cuts.  That’s why the Bailey contract was clever by TD.  It’s an easy out if he underperforms

Options I’ll guarantee you this.

Its not black n white like alot are portraying.

Ill say it now there will be a plan being played like there is every year.

The whole idea that they worry about this makes me laugh because the FO have had control over this for how long.

Yet because this isn’t in your face telling you how it’s going to be is an issue.

23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Options I’ll guarantee you this.

Its not black n white like alot are portraying.

Ill say it now there will be a plan being played like there is every year.

The whole idea that they worry about this makes me laugh because the FO have had control over this for how long.

Yet because this isn’t in your face telling you how it’s going to be is an issue.

It’s a discussion.  It has absolutely no bearing on my life.  But to say it’s not a legitimate talking point during the offseason is strange.

And yes, of course they have a plan.  To quote the Admiral from ‘Hunt For Red October’,  a Russkie don’t take a dump without a plan.  But the plan will have consequences.  That’s all the discussion is about.

Checks & Balances

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Trufant. We can pick up $5M in cap space if we cut him, but will have to swallow a $10M dead money pill. Troffed.

Trufant was too far in the past to be the problem.  One of the big signings over the past 18 months needed to be shown FA.  And I love those players.  They are all great and worthy of their contract...

Tru we can dump next year if need be. I wouldn’t...but he really doesn’t factor into it too much