gazoo

Is Logan Paulson on the bubble? He’s #4 on depth chart, behind Hoop, Stock and Saubert

47 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Maybe keep 3 rb's, keep Stocker as our FB, and Paulsen as one of our TEs? Just a thought

Ya know something. I was thinking Stocker was the guy with a little speed for some reason. I had the 2 confused.

LouDog likes this

22 hours ago, gazoo said:

I noticed the depth chart has Hooper, Stocker and Saubert as our #1,#2,#3 respectively. 

Do you think Paulson is on the bubble?  If we keep 4 TEs he’s probably safe and keep in mind Keotter does keep 4 TEs in some years. If Stocker subs as FB and Ortiz is out that enhances Paulsons chances as well. 

I noticed Saubert got a ton of snaps and his blocking, the few times I zeroed in on him, appeared sound. I would need to go back and watch all the snaps and focused on him to see how he did though. 

According to 'Pound 4 Pound' it is Saubert on the bubble, and not likely to make the team. 

12 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

According to 'Pound 4 Pound' it is Saubert on the bubble, and not likely to make the team. 

That would not surprise me

3 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

I wasn’t asking what  a fans opinion was, I was asking why you think Saubert was moved ahead of Paulson on the depth chart.

Saubert is now #3 and Paulson #4. 

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I wasn’t asking what  a fans opinion was, I was asking why you think Saubert was moved ahead of Paulson on the depth chart.

Saubert is now #3 and Paulson #4. 

what is 'pound 4 pound' and why does it matter any more than any of the rest of our opinions, right?

gazoo likes this

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

what is 'pound 4 pound' and why does it matter any more than any of the rest of our opinions, right?

I am not sure Cheap Talk realizes pound for pound are fans, just like us. He seems to think they are with the Falcons.  In any event, he didn’t even answer my question. Why was Saubert moved to #3 TE, in front of Paulson, on the depth chart?  

papachaz likes this

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I am not sure Cheap Talk realizes pound for pound are fans, just like us. He seems to think they are with the Falcons.  In any event, he didn’t even answer my question. Why was Saubert moved to #3 TE, in front of Paulson, on the depth chart?  

I'm with you, while depth charts this time year are nothing solid, they're there for a purpose. I personally think it's because he's more the receiving threat as mentioned above

gazoo likes this

24 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Quinn likes patterns

Pass catcher 

Blocker

Pass catcher

Blocker 

Boom mystery solved. That'll be $25.

gazoo and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Do you really think anyone on here knows the real reason why it was done?  

Edited by LouDog

51 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I know who they are, just like their insights. They have seen more of the Falcons' Training Camp than any of the rest of us. 

Would not put any weight on the Depth Chart rankings. My guess is it is a seniority thing with Saubert vs Paulsen. Saubert has been with the Falcons for 2-years, Paulsen 1-year.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, gazoo said:

I think this is most likely the case as well. But coaches don’t just move young developing guys in front of long time contributing vets on the depth chart for no reason. I can’t dismiss this positioning is meaningless, there’s got to be a reason for it.

And the reason for it should bode well for the team being able to pass Paulsen. I'm all for it if he has moved pass him, especially with Paulsen blocking chops

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I noticed Paulson whiff on a block in the HOF game.  hes got to work some of the rust off

Honestly, Paulson has not looked good at all so far.  I wonder if age is catching up with him, he's 32 years old now. If I recall, we let him go, then picked him back up later. I am pretty sure we will keep 4 TEs though, so hopefully he shakes the rust off, unless coaches have another blocking TE behind him they like.

VTCrunkler likes this

On 8/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, gazoo said:

I noticed the depth chart has Hooper, Stocker and Saubert as our #1,#2,#3 respectively. 

Do you think Paulson is on the bubble?  If we keep 4 TEs he’s probably safe and keep in mind Keotter does keep 4 TEs in some years. If Stocker subs as FB and Ortiz is out that enhances Paulsons chances as well. 

I noticed Saubert got a ton of snaps and his blocking, the few times I zeroed in on him, appeared sound. I would need to go back and watch all the snaps and focused on him to see how he did though. 

Nah. We roll with 4 t.e. I wouldn't put much stock I'm depth charts right now

47 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Nah. We roll with 4 t.e. I wouldn't put much stock I'm depth charts right now

You might not put much stock, but I hope you put Stocker in the depth chart ;)

I just read on Kevin Knights updated 53 man roster, he has us keeping 4 TEs with Hooper, Stocker, Saubert and Paulson in that order. He also mentioned Saubert has been impressing coaches again this camp.

VTCrunkler likes this

50 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Honestly, Paulson has not looked good at all so far.  I wonder if age is catching up with him, he's 32 years old now. If I recall, we let him go, then picked him back up later. I am pretty sure we will keep 4 TEs though, so hopefully he shakes the rust off, unless coaches have another blocking TE behind him they like.

Good post. I don’t know who we’d prefer to keep, him or Stocker if it came to it. With 4TEs we keep all of them. I want to know your opinion of Ortiz.  

Not sure how it shakes out this year, but I am confident we draft one in mid rounds next draft.

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Good post. I don’t know who we’d prefer to keep, him or Stocker if it came to it. With 4TEs we keep all of them. I want to know your opinion of Ortiz.  

I can’t recall a single awesome block of Ortiz last year. But I still recall some of Dimarcos blocks from his days here. I just don’t think Ortiz is very good.

This is why I Hope Stocker takes over at FB, then we have an extra TE and at least as good of a FB

VTCrunkler likes this

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

You might not put much stock, but I hope you put Stocker in the depth chart ;)

I just read on Kevin Knights updated 53 man roster, he has us keeping 4 TEs with Hooper, Stocker, Saubert and Paulson in that order. He also mentioned Saubert has been impressing coaches again this camp.

Stocker was my favorite f.a. Pickup.

gazoo likes this

15 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Stocker was my favorite f.a. Pickup.

He helps our OL in both run game and pass protection. He’s got some nasty in him, we like this.

7 hours ago, gazoo said:

I can’t recall a single awesome block of Ortiz last year. But I still recall some of Dimarcos blocks from his days here. I just don’t think Ortiz is very good.

This is why I Hope Stocker takes over at FB, then we have an extra TE and at least as good of a FB

I never thought he was very good. What did the coaching staff see in him?  There were other options like that guy from Nebraska 

gazoo likes this