gazoo

Is Logan Paulson on the bubble? He’s #4 on depth chart, behind Hoop, Stock and Saubert

47 posts in this topic

I noticed the depth chart has Hooper, Stocker and Saubert as our #1,#2,#3 respectively. 

Do you think Paulson is on the bubble?  If we keep 4 TEs he’s probably safe and keep in mind Keotter does keep 4 TEs in some years. If Stocker subs as FB and Ortiz is out that enhances Paulsons chances as well. 

I noticed Saubert got a ton of snaps and his blocking, the few times I zeroed in on him, appeared sound. I would need to go back and watch all the snaps and focused on him to see how he did though. 

I need to find a full game replay but I saw Graham as a lead blocker. He whiffed on a couple plays that I did see. Paulson got blown up on a play that led to a sack

papachaz and gazoo like this

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I need to find a full game replay but I saw Graham as a lead blocker. He whiffed on a couple plays that I did see. Paulson got blown up on a play that led to a sack

I think Paulson might have dropped a pass as well. Not a great showing for him. I wasn’t really paying a lot of attention to the TEs. 

Just now, gazoo said:

I think Paulson might have dropped a pass as well. Not a great showing for him. I wasn’t really paying a lot of attention to the TEs. 

He did drop a pass. But Saubert didn’t get any first team reps. Paulson and stocker did. 

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

I noticed the depth chart has Hooper, Stocker and Saubert as our #1,#2,#3 respectively. 

Do you think Paulson is on the bubble?  If we keep 4 TEs he’s probably safe and keep in mind Keotter does keep 4 TEs in some years. If Stocker subs as FB and Ortiz is out that enhances Paulsons chances as well. 

I noticed Saubert got a ton of snaps and his blocking, the few times I zeroed in on him, appeared sound. I would need to go back and watch all the snaps and focused on him to see how he did though. 

Saubert's on the bubble. Graham lit Saubert's as up Thursday night. And Paulsen is a better blocker, which Mularkey prefers.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Saubert's on the bubble. Graham lit Saubert's as up Thursday night. And Paulsen is a better blocker, which Mularkey prefers.

Why is Saubert in front of Paulson on the depth chart? Typically the long term contributing veteran always gets the nod on depth chart unless a younger player moves in front of him due to what coaches are seeing at that point as how it is going to shake out. 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Why is Saubert in front of Paulson on the depth chart? Typically the long term veteran always gets the nod on depth chart unless a younger player moves in front of him due to what coaches are seeing at that point.

Why are you putting stock in preseason depth charts?

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Why are you putting stock in preseason depth charts?

A non answer, which is what I assumed you’d provide.

If you are asking me if depth charts are dispositive the answer is no.

But you are not answering as to why Saubert is in front of Paulson on the depth chart today.

Given what we see if tends on the depth charts, the vets that have been contributing for years typically always get the nod unless a younger guy moves in front of him due to what coaches are seeing at the time the depth chart is released.

Given the trends we’ve seen, it makes no sense Saubert would be in front of Paulson unless Saubert earned that advancement. 

Again, we all know things can change in future , but I’m not asking you about what might happen in the future. Why is Saubert in front of Paulson at this point in time if you believe coaches feel Paulson is obviously better?

Carpenter was moved to starting LG on depth chart and sits there at this moment. Do you think that’s because at this moment Carpenter is in the lead to start at LG as coaches have suggested?

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

A non answer, which is what I assumed you’d provide.

If you are asking me if depth charts are dispositive the answer is no.

But you are not answering as to why Saubert is in front of Paulson on the depth chart today.

Given what we see if tends on the depth charts, the vets that have been contributing for years typically always get the nod unless a younger guy moves in front of him due to what coaches are seeing at the time the depth chart is released.

Given the trends we’ve seen, it makes no sense Saubert would be in front of Paulson unless Saubert earned that advancement. 

Again, we all know things can change in future , but I’m not asking you about what might happen in the future. Why is Saubert in front of Paulson at this point in time if you believe coaches feel Paulson is obviously better?

Carpenter was moved to starting LG on depth chart and sits there at this moment. Do you think that’s because at this moment Carpenter is in the lead to start at LG as coaches have suggested?

I wish I could answer your question but I really don't know why he is. He looked like butt cheeks Thursday night.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No, I don't think Logan Paulson is on the bubble. I have no reason to doubt that the Falcons will carry 4 TEs with Luke Stocker serving as FB. Ricky Ortiz is the guy on the bubble to make the team.

I think this is most likely the case as well. But coaches don’t just move young developing guys in front of long time contributing vets on the depth chart for no reason. I can’t dismiss this positioning is meaningless, there’s got to be a reason for it.

jazzyburrell likes this

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

I think this is most likely the case as well. But coaches don’t just move young developing guys in front of long time contributing vets on the depth chart for no reason. I can’t dismiss this positioning is meaningless, there’s got to be a reason for it.

Logan Paulsen is a pure blocker. Saubert has the potential to be a threat in the passing game. I think that's the only reason for the order on the depth chart.

gazoo and NeonDeion like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Logan Paulsen is a pure blocker. Saubert has the potential to be a threat in the passing game. I think that's the only reason for the order on the depth chart.

I do know only the Eagles top 2 TEs had more TD catches collectively  than Keotter’s Bucs top 2 TEs a couple of years back, so no doubt if Saubert is proving himself to coaches this camp as a legitimate receiving threat that could explain it. 

Don’t forget Saubert was lighting it up in last years training camp in passing game, making all kinds of diffuclt, impressive catches that drew praise from coaches and teammates.

Once season started Sark simply didn’t use him in passing game at all, but that won’t be the case this year if he truly can be that #2 guy capable of perhaps 200 yards and a few TDs to go along with a lot of blocking. Late last year Saubert was looking good in run blocking.

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Make Paulson the FB and call it a day

Thats Stockers job. He is good at it

21 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

yeah the sack play made me think uh oh for paulson

9 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Thats Stockers job. He is good at it

Well im out of ideas. That's all I got. There's gotta be a way to keep that blocking on the roster

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well im out of ideas. That's all I got. There's gotta be a way to keep that blocking on the roster

I think there is a good chance we keep 4 TEs with Stocker being FB

ya_boi_j likes this

Y’all are sleeping on Alex Gray. Dude is a stud & will probably take the starting position here in the next few weeks. 

Lol. 

gazoo likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe keep 3 rb's, keep Stocker as our FB, and Paulsen as one of our TEs? Just a thought

Edited by LouDog
ya_boi_j likes this