August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

SacFalcFan

Just now, RxDawg said:

@Carter I know right! Wiltfong's got an article over saying that we've got the momentum in his recruitment. I was of the mind that he wasn't leaving the state of Texas but if we pull Milton and Evans smh 

if we put Evans w/ Milton behind this offensive line - good gawd almighty!

2 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Fong with the CB for Evans to UGA... Still a long way to go here IMHO.

Edit.. :lol: I literally hit refresh and no posts showed up, now there's multiple. **** my internet.

Been there too dude.

I gotcha with a like for the effort and owning it.

5 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Has anyone else been fonged to the Dawgs?  If so, how did that turn out?  

Fong is a tricky CB to read into. He has a generally good "overall" track record, but he changes CBs with some frequency. Ultimately, his CB is not really "news" in that we've all heard a lot of good news trending with Evans of late... none of it matters here at the beginning of August. It will be a hard fought recruitment, no matter who CBs him where today.

Just now, The Great American said:

Hey man get with 2019

It use to be _____ predicted _______ to the Dawgs!!! alright

Then it was _______ CBed _______ to the Dawgs!!!! Yes!

Now its just ______ was Fonged to the Dawgs!!!!! Oh boy hold on and tighten that chin strap!

Next year Webster will add Fonged to the dictionary as 

Fonged (verb) for a highly rated football recruit to be predicted or CBed by a Mr. Wiltfong. 

This is joyous news for said University.  If that University be the most awesome and God-Blessed Red and Black spot in the land, the University of Georgia, then celebration is due.

5 minutes ago, The Great American said:

This year it's usually worked out that a commit comes shortly after he's done the crystal ball (so he has a good idea), but Evans might be another Emery case where recruiting doesn't end until he's signed and sealed.

So, we might be winning, but we have a long way to go here.

I’ve been convinced lol. Evans will end up committing to UGA. There’s too many reliable people that are getting good information on him right now for me not jump on board. Also, we are sitting really good with Burch. My bold prediction is we will end up with the consensus  #1 class this year. Go Dawgs 

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’ve been convinced lol. Evans will end up committing to UGA. There’s too many reliable people that are getting good information on him right now for me not jump on board. Also, we are sitting really good with Burch. My bold prediction is we will end up with the consensus  #1 class this year. Go Dawgs 

Here's the gist of Rusty's Ramblings on the topic that were shared on another chain I'm on:

"Spent a good bit of the last few hours on the phone with Steve (Wiltfong) and calling sources myself.

We both worked different circles on this close to Georgia and outside of this area on Zach Evans and what we are hearing and got back to each other in the last 30 minutes."

- Lot of momentum for UGA - uncertain if he'll commit soon or just lead privately

- worries that like Emery, this won't end even if he does commit

- Finally thinks that UGA is a "BIG TIME" player for Evans - who he thinks is the lead RB talent in 2020

- Some thought that Texas A&M and LSU will be teams to watch throughout the recruitment