August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

SacFalcFan

2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Kipp and Rusty both trolling at this point lol

They both clearly know who this is, but aren't telling :lol:

Trent Smallwood has said he heard who it was but he won’t comment on it for a couple of days.. It doesn’t appear to regarding SVP, so it could be anyone from Ringo to Evans 

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Trent Smallwood has said he heard who it was but he won’t comment on it for a couple of days.. It doesn’t appear to regarding SVP, so it could be anyone from Ringo to Evans 

Could be wrong obviously, but all the chatter from offensive commits really makes me think this is offense

Historically at least, that has usually held to be the case when certain commits started this online

8 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Could be wrong obviously, but all the chatter from offensive commits really makes me think this is offense

Historically at least, that has usually held to be the case when certain commits started this online

Trent and Radi just said something interesting.. If Tank wanted to commit today, Kirby wouldn’t let him. I think that might tell us where this is leaning. I’m not getting my hopes up yet though

Edited by Bdawg58

38 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

This reminds me, @youngbloodz what do you think about/what are you hearing on James Williams S 2021

I think James ends up at UGA. That's all the talk anyway. I will be interested to see how he does at Western and how long he stays there. Western has a very pro Miami coaching staff and I believe they will try to push him there to an extent. But from what I know I say UGA right now. 

8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I think James ends up at UGA. That's all the talk anyway. I will be interested to see how he does at Western and how long he stays there. Western has a very pro Miami coaching staff and I believe they will try to push him there to an extent. But from what I know I say UGA right now. 

Opinions on him as a player? Seen him play at all?

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Even if it's Evans, last year with Emery has taught me to never 100% count on out of state players being heavily recruited by the hometown school till they sign on the bottom line

Agreed... Leaning Evans at this point... SoFL kinda gives off that vibe with the same cautious undertone you had in your comment...

SoFL_Dawg

10:40PM

So I had to ask some questions. Y’all know I don’t ruin moments but this is a clear case of reading the tea leaves of the day should answer any questions without me providing color.

This is like being up at half time. Lot of game left to be played

Bigsby announcing his commitment date today might not be a coincidence. If Evans is on board, I’m sure the staff has informed Bigsby that he isn’t a take, leading to his impending Auburn commitment. I have to assume that the staff told Evans that they didn’t have the luxury to wait on him during his last visit, and maybe that prompted him to pull the trigger. 

I’m just spitballing, maybe Tank is commuting to us on Friday, I’d be more than fine with that. 

32 minutes ago, Lennon said:

Bigsby announcing his commitment date today might not be a coincidence. If Evans is on board, I’m sure the staff has informed Bigsby that he isn’t a take, leading to his impending Auburn commitment. I have to assume that the staff told Evans that they didn’t have the luxury to wait on him during his last visit, and maybe that prompted him to pull the trigger. 

I’m just spitballing, maybe Tank is commuting to us on Friday, I’d be more than fine with that. 

yep very possible we made him aware we would not be taking him.  he was going to move back his commitment to later in the year because he could not commit at this point, but it sounds like our staff told him we had our target so he has no reason to wait.. it makes sense. whatever happens this is quite fun.  LOL  :)

6 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Opinions on him as a player? Seen him play at all?

I love him as a player. He is long,athletic,ball skills. Nothing he can't do as a safety. He reminds me if a more athletic version of Kam Chancellor. Kid is a bonafide stud. I saw him play a couple times as a freshman at his old school. 

4 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Bwahaha. In anticipation of losing James Williams (2021 5* Safety) to UGA, Stampini is already playing the "stars don't matter" and "UF has higher on the board" cards...

UF never had a shot at him anyway. No team has a higher graded safety in the '21 class than Williams. Literally every big time college program wants him lol

18 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I finally got around to looking at Evans' video this morning.  I had been of the opinion that we should take Tank and call it a day.  But, after watching Evans dip and dash on the field, I say let's go all in for him.! Reminds me a lot of Garrison Hearst.

Hearst was such a beast.  

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

UF never had a shot at him anyway. No team has a higher graded safety in the '21 class than Williams. Literally every big time college program wants him lol

Yeah, I guess "losing him" was probably not quite the right phrasing there... more "losing him from the state" was what I was intending, since UF fans somehow still think they're entitled to the best Florida athletes, even though that hasn't been the case in nearly a decade...

Appreciate the insight on the kid. He looks great in highlight reels, but I respect your opinion. That's high praise indeed.

9 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Bwahaha. In anticipation of losing James Williams (2021 5* Safety) to UGA, Stampini is already playing the "stars don't matter" and "UF has higher on the board" cards...

I hate Stampini with a passion but he was being sarcastic in that post and was throwing shade at the sunshine pumpers on his site.