Jump to content

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scrimmage Notes: Injuries: Swift and Justin Young were dressed out and running on the sidelines all of practice. Nakobe Dean was also dressed out but didn't participate nor did he run on the side

Zachary Evans has just been Fonged to the Dawgs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Shifting gears? Why can’t gilbert be a good wr? It can’t just be speed because we all think Pickens will be above average ect... and they both have 4.7 -40 times?

Not the same catching ability and not the same in the open field. Gilbert when compared to other TEs is elite but compared to other receivers is only good. If I were to rank him as a receiver he’d be a mid level 4 star. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

just an fyi i was told by a bama guy who knows people on their staff that they believe evans is all dawg right now and could even be a silent.  their staff isn't giving up of course, but dell mcgee has done a terrific job here. 

Supposedly, Evans will make a verbal before his season starts. I’m hearing he is indeed a silent hence why the staff was comfortable letting Tank go 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

just an fyi i was told by a bama guy who knows people on their staff that they believe evans is all dawg right now and could even be a silent.  their staff isn't giving up of course, but dell mcgee has done a terrific job here. 

Why can't I like a moferators post, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Really hoping to see him shut it down if/when he commits to us

Supposedly the staff has really been pushing their commits this year to shut it down when they commit

i hope so as well.  we will see after he goes public if we can get him to shut it down.. everything i have heard though it sounds like he and his family are pretty much over the recruiting process.  people need to remember with evans it's been a long time he has been recruited by schools. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You know UGA is Elite at Recruiting when there is a Georgia topic on almost every other team’s board.

Evans/ UGA topic on Horns board

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Evans-CB-by-Wiltfong-134234237/

Other than a couple posters over in that thread with the "typical views" it was refreshing to read a thread in which MOST of the posters were actually pretty fair, respectful, reasonable and logical regarding UGA recruiting success. Some took their shots with the Sugar Bowl result of course...  have to give them that one. Unfortunately, it's going to take several years to live that underwhelming performance down; here's to hoping Kirby, Coaches, and most of all the players manage to turn that experience into a long lasting 'Life Lesson' never to be repeated at UGA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Other than a couple posters over in that thread with the "typical views" it was refreshing to read a thread in which MOST of the posters were actually pretty fair, respectful, reasonable and logical regarding UGA recruiting success. Some took their shots with the Sugar Bowl result of course...  have to give them that one. Unfortunately, it's going to take several years to live that underwhelming performance down; here's to hoping Kirby, Coaches, and most of all the players manage to turn that experience into a long lasting 'Life Lesson' never to be repeated at UGA.

Absolutely! That I think was more on the players than the coaches. They just was so focused on the missed opportunity that the game they were in. That screamed so maturity issues which from all accounts was our problem at Florida as well. Hopefully, we will have better leadership this year. 

As far as an Evans/Milton backfield, that's just not fair if it happens that way. But I'd Love it! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wardog357 said:

Absolutely! That I think was more on the players than the coaches. They were so focused on the missed opportunity rather than the game they were in. That screamed so maturity issues which from all accounts was our problem at Florida as well. Hopefully, we will have better leadership this year. 

As far as an Evans/Milton backfield, that's just not fair if it happens that way. But I'd Love it! :D

Fixed....I hope LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LOL,  SEC Rant speculating that UT coming for Pitt Boss and Pittman is tired of Kirby.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/tosh-lupoi-will-be-on-the-2020-vols-staff/84796711/

also saying Tosh Lupoi will join VOLS staff in 2020.

The thought of Pittboss going to coach for Pruitt xD

Edited by AutumnEffect
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

LOL,  SEC Rant speculating that UT coming for Pitt Boss and Pittman is tired of Kirby.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/tosh-lupoi-will-be-on-the-2020-vols-staff/84796711/

also saying Tosh Lupoi will join VOLS staff in 2020.  I gotta quit looking at the crazy pages.

He’s just trolling about Pitt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Lupoi makes zero sense unless they are going to fire their co-dc's (and he still won't be the DC). Lupoi isn't going to leave the NFL for what would be a lateral move.

they were saying in the thread that Kevin Sherrer would exit after this year - didn't say where he would go. I am sure it would be for DC and a nice pay increase from the NFL job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...