SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

Woerner = preferred WR, was told he would play both TE and WR.  A clear compromise we made.

Gilbert = prefers WR, could easily be told he could play both WR and TE.  Also a clear compromise we could make.

That's my point.  We compromised for Woerner, we could also compromise for Gilbert.

It's not different.  For some odd reason you're being obnoxiously obtuse.

I post an article where it explicitly says Woerner preferred WR and was told he could also play there and somehow you think this isn't similar to Gilbert.  Just baffling, but whatever.  Move on.

The difference is Gilbert is saying he doesn’t want to be considered a TE at all, only WR. Your comparison to Kelvin Benjamin is off too because the guy came into college at around 205-210 and Gilbert is already over 250 that’s without a college S&C program. Like I’ve said, I hope the best for him but I don’t want him as an above average WR (we have those), I want him as an elite TE. 

VA F.O. and fibonaccisquared like this

6 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The difference is Gilbert is saying he doesn’t want to be considered a TE at all, only WR. Your comparison to Kelvin Benjamin is off too because the guy came into college at around 205-210 and Gilbert is already over 250 that’s without a college S&C program. Like I’ve said, I hope the best for him but I don’t want him as an above average WR (we have those), I want him as an elite TE. 

This.

30 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I don't doubt you at all - because you aren't the only one saying this.  It is THE THING that everyone is saying with Gilbert and has been saying for months. 

However, how does this information get disseminated?   He is passing this along to recruiting guys and flows from there?   Are there quotes  of Gilbert saying "I'm a wide receiver or I will only play receiver"  or this is just the "buzz" coming from leaked sources?   

1 hour ago, Beef said:

I just posted you an AJC article that says they told Woerner he could also play WR too because that was his preferred position.

It's the same situation, or very close to it.

Why are you arguing something that says it plain as day right there in bold?

i understand what you are saying, but Woerner was being recruited as a TE who we were going to flex out some.  Woerner was reluctant of being a TE at first, but slowly we were able to convince him to play TE because that really was his best position.  Not sure if you remember, but early on Woerner was atrocious at blocking, but he has worked very hard to improve in that area.  I disagree with pretty much everyone on Gilbert.  I personally think his best position is a DE/OLB on the defensive side.  I don't see him as a WR myself and not that I don't believe he can't play WR, but I don't see that as his best position.  For me it is all about what is the best position for a player rather than well he can play at the position, but I don't see anyway Arik can be elite at WR.. Arik can be elite as a TE and Defensive player, but I just don't see it at the WR spot especially with how big he is already now before he steps onto a college campus.  Time will tell however.  I think where ever he ends up in College he will be a TE before his career is over. 

yessir - of course Arik will end up as a receiver - probably by his Freshman season if at Bama.  TennRC might have to wait until Sophmore year to move him.

just a matter of time before he figures it out himself - just being stubborn.

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't doubt you at all - because you aren't the only one saying this.  It is THE THING that everyone is saying with Gilbert and has been saying for months. 

However, how does this information get disseminated?   He is passing this along to recruiting guys and flows from there?   Are there quotes  of Gilbert saying "I'm a wide receiver or I will only play receiver"  or this is just the "buzz" coming from leaked sources?   

It’s coming from various sources (recruiting services, inside university sources from Bama, UT and UGA and people close to him). This doesn’t make Gilbert a bad kid or necessarily drama but he needs to look at what’s best for his future and being a WR isn’t best for his future

g-dawg likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Quad injury, day to day.  Should be fine.

38 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Good news!!  Just heard he got hurt.  

Edited by Elo53

15 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

This just into the newsroom..,,Go Ga State Panthers!!!!

How much fun would that be if Ga State wins?   They would burn Knoxville to the ground.

8 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

That's weird recruiting news

it is, but the reality is ut losing to ga state and being a laughingstock helps us with guys.. LOL