SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

20 minute video with Dean and dawgpost.. a very nice sherman interview.. good listen. 

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

20 minute video with Dean and dawgpost.. a very nice sherman interview.. good listen. 

these guys on Dawg Post do an excellent job - I like listening to their "Riding Home" segment each week on podcast/youtube as well.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

these guys on Dawg Post do an excellent job - I like listening to their "Riding Home" segment each week on podcast/youtube as well.

yep that's a great listen to.. i try to get to it every week.. i also love dawgnation..  the amount of UGA stuff has really increased thanks to those sites. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep that's a great listen to.. i try to get to it every week.. i also love dawgnation..  the amount of UGA stuff has really increased thanks to those sites. 

agreed.  listen to DND and Brandon Adams when I can - he may be the most likeable guy on earth (unless you are gator fan).  I smile and laugh at his ability - he has the "gift of gab" like no other.   love it - he would be a fun guy to hang and have a beer. If someone told me behind the scenes that BA was a *****’ I would be highly disappointed ☹️ :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Washington's final 3:  Vols, UGA, and Miami

If Bama’s out, I like my chances there.  Can’t see Miami at all and UT is still a few years away from being a threat in my estimation.  VOLS have an outside shot at Gilbert but don’t see Washington. I know many think he is already a silent to the Dawgs.

Posted (edited)

SoFL Dawg:

Just to keep y’all in the loop, I just read that Arian Smith is visiting CU soon where he expects to receive an offer.

If/when that happens, I do think we will be on outside looking in here. Hopefully they like Xavier Henderson better but it’s hard to turn away the fastest football player in the country.

Our class will still be elite, but that 4th WR spot may not be in the class. I still do not expect Arik Gilbert to choose UGA.

+++ More regarding Gilbert, also fro SoFL Dawg:

Yeah, based on what I’m hearing I think we’re fighting a losing battle. Maybe we tear it up on the field and he sees the potential but...I think he knows everything he needs to know about UGA and we’re running third at best now.

Hes also not part of a group chat that is solidifying our class behind the scenes. That’s very telling. Theo Johnson is a part of the chat as an FYI.

+++ BTW, that group chat has Milton, Ringo, Sherman, Tate, Beck, Ricks, Sewell, Washington, Evans, and Theo in it...what’d y’all think they all have in common?

Edited by Turkeydawg

4 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

How are we tracking with Burch?

Per SoFL Dawg, we are in it for he and Dexter, but both will go until December.  Sounds like confidence is tempered and that both will have a spot, if they want in.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are we that we get:

• Burch
  • Evans
  • Ringo
  • Gilbert
  • Washington
  • Sewell
  • Dexter

Are there any recruits committed elsewhere that we are legitimately in play for?

1 hour ago, Cockybrit said:

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are we that we get:

• Burch- 5.5
  • Evans- 9.5
  • Ringo- 9.9
  • Gilbert- 1
  • Washington- 9
  • Sewell- 8
  • Dexter- 5
  • Ricks- 5
  • Johnson- 8

Added a few names. I don’t have any inside info, but from all I’ve seen this is my guess

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

That is what I would go with.  

Well then they’re all ours!

all those numbers are way above 10!

35 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Umm, so which is it 

Basically if he commits to us it's going to be a Pickens deal. We won't know until signing day.

g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

2 hours ago, Ransack said:

Basically if he commits to us it's going to be a Pickens deal. We won't know until signing day.

Well I figured that, came to that conclusion months ago, but there's a big difference between a player asking for a spot to be held, and coaches telling him they'll hold a spot

14 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

I took it as the answer was Yes for both and SoFl just didn’t feel like typing it out. 

Thinking that way makes me feel good. 

So no one ruin it.  

my interpretation as well - so I didn't ruin it! :D

95Dawg and Ovie_Lover like this

Just watched that buccannN game, Milton did look good, maybe he doesn’t have that break away long speed but looked quick and fast enough w power and wiggle. Could see him being very much a Chubb type w a good ol seemed to have great vision 

More from SoFL Dawg, regarding Gilbert, Washington and Theo:

Pretty confident we’re heading into his OV running third at best right now. Also confident that he and Washington will not be on same team even at different positions. Also confident Washington is a Dawg. Theo and Washington are really close and I now have confidence we’re in a position of strength on Theo. Basically, adding it all up, probably time to turn the page on Gilbert and UGA, including him being a WR.

g-dawg and m2Falcons like this

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

More from SoFL Dawg, regarding Gilbert, Washington and Theo:

Pretty confident we’re heading into his OV running third at best right now. Also confident that he and Washington will not be on same team even at different positions. Also confident Washington is a Dawg. Theo and Washington are really close and I now have confidence we’re in a position of strength on Theo. Basically, adding it all up, probably time to turn the page on Gilbert and UGA, including him being a WR.

Sounds like Arik wants to be the alpha dog when it comes to big-man pass catchers on the team. Come on down, Arik. There's enough to go around. :D