SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Don’t know if that guy is trolling or not.  Probably. 

Having said that, Kind of funny though to see Bama have Top rated class what 7-8yrs in a row - did NCAA ever set foot in Alabama?  NCAA had UNC dead to rights on basketball and let’s them almost entirely off the hook. The chosen programs aren’t to be touched.

He doesn't troll. Like he said, he called Cox to Florida.

L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

TAMU would be essentially committing recruiting suicide to do that to Evans. I’d be shocked if that was the case. No telling why that was leaked but the CBs are out so he needs to get it over with if he wants to hold any semblance of a surprise commitment. 

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

He doesn't troll. Like he said, he called Cox to Florida.

ok - well if you vouch for him, good enough for me.   I tend to be skeptical of people with that few posts that deliver big news.

Obviously hope he is wrong on this one.

I am a little concerned about those two recruiting employees that got fired.  Read the Chip Towers piece on it but sounds like a lot of nothing there - hope there isn't more to that story.   Obviously any penalty or scholariship limitations would be devastating for this program that has huge momentum.

L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

ok - well if you vouch for him, good enough for me.   I tend to be skeptical of people with that few posts that deliver big news.

I am a little concerned about those two recruiting employees that got fired.  Read the Chip Towers piece on it but sounds like a lot of nothing there - hope there isn't more to that story.   Obviously any penalty or scholariship limitations would be devastating for this program that has huge momentum.

Hoping nothing comes of it.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

If the NCAA is here It has to do with the two recruiting people we fired. I'll leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Can you guys link me to a story on that? I haven't read anything on it.

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

If the NCAA is here It has to do with the two recruiting people we fired. I'll leave it at that.

it's gotta be....you know Kirby has a monstrous staff and he has to be determined to not color enough outside the lines to get whacked.   He knows recruiting has been the key to much of his success and cannot risk some type of severe penalty.

Obviously the better UGA does in recruiting, the more scrutiny and the more our competition will cry foul to the NCAA.

L.A.Falcon Fan and Ovie_Lover like this

49 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Don’t know if that guy is trolling or not.  Probably. 

Having said that, Kind of funny though to see Bama have Top rated class what 7-8yrs in a row - did NCAA ever set foot in Alabama?  NCAA had UNC dead to rights on basketball and let’s them almost entirely off the hook. The chosen programs aren’t to be touched.

Lol, you cut me deep G-Dawg. I've been lurking on here looooong before most of you guys been on here.(since YKW number 7) Totally understand where you are coming from though. But I'm a long time Dawg fan. Probably need to start posting more. Lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

So should we as Dawg fans start to brace ourselves for an AJ Green / Todd Gurley like saga that’s drawn out, public, and massively disappointing? Just trying to get a feel for what all this means.

2 minutes ago, Reeves said:

So should we as Dawg fans start to brace ourselves for an AJ Green / Todd Gurley like saga that’s drawn out, public, and massively disappointing? Just trying to get a feel for what all this means.

Oh I have no clue. Got the email this morning, thought I'd share it with my go to Dawg info crew....

3 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Oh I have no clue. Got the email this morning, thought I'd share it with my go to Dawg info crew....

Ransack what do you think since you mentioned that it’s about those two staffers?

9 minutes ago, Reeves said:

Ransack what do you think since you mentioned that it’s about those two staffers?

I'v heard rumors from well placed people but I'm not going to put that info out there as it would do us no favors. When stuff happens you cauterize the wound and hope you've compartmentalized things enough that it doesn't spread. NCAA has to have definitive proof handed to them to do anything and even then it's an uphill climb. No proof then there's no problem.

Bdawg58 likes this

23 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Lol, you cut me deep G-Dawg. I've been lurking on here looooong before most of you guys been on here.(since YKW number 7) Totally understand where you are coming from though. But I'm a long time Dawg fan. Probably need to start posting more. Lol

no worries my friend - sorry to doubt you but, as you know, it is the internet - LOL.

known @Yo_Lover a long time and he vouches for you - me and him argue a lot but I still respect him and he is good people.  I will give you more respect next time - my apologies.

Keep us posted then on what you find out, if anything more, on this NCAA stuff - scary stuff - thanks again.

Ovie_Lover and L.A.Falcon Fan like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

no worries my friend - sorry to doubt you but, as you know, it is the internet - LOL.

known @Yo_Lover a long time and he vouches for you - me and him argue a lot but I still respect him and he is good people.  I will give you more respect next time - my apologies.

Keep us posted then on what you find out, if anything more, on this NCAA stuff - scary stuff - thanks again.

I'd vouch for you too. We argue but I respect you .

g-dawg and L.A.Falcon Fan like this

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

I'v heard rumors from well placed people but I'm not going to put that info out there as it would do us no favors. When stuff happens you cauterize the wound and hope you've compartmentalized things enough that it doesn't spread. NCAA has to have definitive proof handed to them to do anything and even then it's an uphill climb. No proof then there's no problem.

well one thing I hope that was learned w/ Gurley and other incidents we have seen lately.   The more honest and forthright you are - the more likely the NCAA won't care and will punish severely - w/o helping them, they seem to be rather inept.

Shouldn't be that way, but that seems to be the way it has been going lately w/ the NCAA.

95Dawg and Ovie_Lover like this

25 minutes ago, richham said:

Kirby cut bait on those two pretty quickly. The NCAA likes to poke around, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Whew! Thanks man....

Ready for Jeff Sentell and BA today at 3:00pm or 3:30pm to see if they touch on this Zach Evans stuff today.  Sentell is usually cryptic so doubt we get too much info there.

4 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

If the NCAA is going to be poking around a school right now, it's gonna be Clemson.

Exactly how did Dexter Lawrence get steroids into his system? Hmmm...:rolleyes: