SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Huh?

The flood gates open up. They can't stop giving up runs. 

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

The flood gates open up. They can't stop giving up runs. 

Oh you talking about braves bullpen?  I was confused because there was no context and this is the goergia bulldogs college recruiting thread.  I am not a nazi about it so not saying Wrong thread like some do, just explaining why I was confused.

your point is correct though, the bullpen is trash!

1 minute ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Oh you talking about braves bullpen?  I was confused because there was no context and this is the goergia bulldogs college recruiting thread.  I am not a nazi about it so not saying Wrong thread like some do, just explaining why I was confused.

your point is correct though, the bullpen is trash!

Oh geez, my bad. I'm going back and forth and lost where I was, lol

9 hours ago, sdogg said:

Oh geez, my bad. I'm going back and forth and lost where I was, lol

lolol.. it's hilarious when that happens.. we all do it.. 

so with svp committing tonight then we are done on the oline..  that oline haul looks amazing and future rbs will just be salivating thinking of running behind it.. :)   

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

so with svp committing tonight then we are done on the oline..  that oline haul looks amazing and future rbs will just be salivating thinking of running behind it.. :)   

Yesssssssss   Sirrrrrrrrrrr!

I think Kirby, Dell, Pittman (and Coley) are going to continue to get approximately 75% of the OL they want every year from here on out AND the RBs!

The ebbs and flows of the RB position/recruiting it, are just far more "visible" and in the "consciousness" of media and fans each year, as well as being far more prone to 'cause & effect' from year to year.  Had the Dawgs landed either of Sanders or Emery last year it would certainly have impacted the ability to land Milton this year as well as being in the true hunt for Evans in the same year.

Personally, I'm very happy to have Milton for 2020, hopefully Evans, to add to the roster of what will be White (R-So), Cook (Jr), McIntosh (So). I think we add two RBs this year (2020) regardless of whether it is Evans or someone we flip, or let transfer in potentially. Then add two more for 2021 class unless it is made clear early by White that he is returning for a Senior season.

Wardog357, g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

5 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Yesssssssss   Sirrrrrrrrrrr!

I think Kirby, Dell, Pittman (and Coley) are going to continue to get approximately 75% of the OL they want every year from here on out AND the RBs!

The ebbs and flows of the RB position/recruiting it, are just far more "visible" and in the "consciousness" of media and fans each year, as well as being far more prone to 'cause & effect' from year to year.  Had the Dawgs landed either of Sanders or Emery last year it would certainly have impacted the ability to land Milton this year as well as being in the true hunt for Evans in the same year.

Personally, I'm very happy to have Milton for 2020, hopefully Evans, to add to the roster of what will be White (R-So), Cook (Jr), McIntosh (So). I think we add two RBs this year (2020) regardless of whether it is Evans or someone we flip, or let transfer in potentially. Then add two more for 2021 class unless it is made clear early by White that he is returning for a Senior season.

I disagree with some.. i think we take 2 rbs every cycle due to them being at most a 3 year player if they are good enough or a transfer if they aren't.  we will take 2 this year no matter what.  rb position is one where you get dinged up or injured more than any other position due to the physicality of the position.  so if we don't get evans there is name that we are still recruiting as a backup option who knows where he stands in edwards.  I like edwards a lot myself and would be happy if he ends up our 2nd back, but we gotta try to get evans and hope to close him.  tank had a commitment video a few weeks ago and was all ready to be a dawg when Evans told our staff he was coming and our staff told tank we would not have room for him so he moved on to auburn.  we will take 2 in 2021 as well.  our oline is a huge selling point for any qb.  the fact that we had 2 rbs starting in the super bowl helps a lot.  

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I disagree with some.. i think we take 2 rbs every cycle due to them being at most a 3 year player if they are good enough or a transfer if they aren't.  we will take 2 this year no matter what.  rb position is one where you get dinged up or injured more than any other position due to the physicality of the position.  so if we don't get evans there is name that we are still recruiting as a backup option who knows where he stands in edwards.  I like edwards a lot myself and would be happy if he ends up our 2nd back, but we gotta try to get evans and hope to close him.  tank had a commitment video a few weeks ago and was all ready to be a dawg when Evans told our staff he was coming and our staff told tank we would not have room for him so he moved on to auburn.  we will take 2 in 2021 as well.  our oline is a huge selling point for any qb.  the fact that we had 2 rbs starting in the super bowl helps a lot.  

What did you disagree with some?

2 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

What did you disagree with some?

i have seen on some boards guys think we might take just 1 guy this class or next class and I don't see it.  i think we take back to back classes of 2 backs.. we will lose 2 guys this coming year and the next year we will lose 2 as well. 

Some huge if’s there, hope Zamir is great but he could be a small shell of what he was or be injured again, and cook will have to prove he can be a rb- as of what we’ve seen from him he’s not a guy u line up and hand off to between the tackles. Hopefully he has put on weight and Zamir stays healthy 

17 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I'm not convinced Zeus declares after his rSo season with only 2 years of tape

Cook, probably

Not sure

Moreno did

17 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Not sure

Moreno did

What happened to Moreno in pros? Seemed like he got off to a good start with Broncos and then injury. Cannot remember exactly 

41 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I was at the scrimmage today. I'll post some notes either late tonight or sometime tomorrow morning.

Was swift out there? 

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What happened to Moreno in pros? Seemed like he got off to a good start with Broncos and then injury. Cannot remember exactly 

Yep. 

A few good years and then

Couldn’t stay healthy. 

Why RBs need to get to pros as early as can and least amount of tread used up

g-dawg likes this

58 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I'm not convinced Zeus declares after his rSo season with only 2 years of tape

Cook, probably

if zamir stays healthy he isn't staying for year 4.. it would make no sense since he would be 2 years after back to back acl tears.. he needs to get his money and he will be gone.  It makes very little sense for rbs to stay a full 4 years.. the lack of wear and tear on a college rb is very vital when they move on to the next step.  I would love everyone to be a chubb and sony, but they both lost a lot of time with injuries and wanted to win something big and they did.. i think both cooks and zamir will be leaving early, but either way we will take 2 backs in 2020 and 2021. 

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Moreno was a heck of a back, but he took a helmet to the knee that took him out for a while early on.  the problem with backs like Moreno they don't have long shelf lifes in the NFL.  Moreno was a very physical back who had a decent career, but with that physicality was very tough for him to stay on the field.  the average career for a running back is 2.57 years.. moreno had a career that lasted 6 seasons with his best season his 2nd to last.  he ended up with over 5000 combined yards and 36 touchdowns.  I wished Moreno had stayed healthy at the end of his career with Miami.. he had over 1000 yards that season, but then tore his acl the next season.. he tried a comeback in 2018, but no one would sign him..  just some info on him above man.