SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

they were saying in the thread that Kevin Sherrer would exit after this year - didn't say where he would go. I am sure it would be for DC and a nice pay increase from the NFL job.

DC in the NFL?

34 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

DC in the NFL?

Not to get off topic so I will clarify as I misstated above.

just meant to say they said Sherrer would leave and no clue to where or what his next move would be.

I was speculating that Tosh Lupoi would take over for Sherrer as DC and that would be a step up in salary from being a position coach in NFL.  That is all.

Steve Wiltfong

• Steve Wiltfong
  • Staff
  • Steve Wiltfong
  • (86822)
  • 109 months
  •  
38 minutes ago
Buchanan0010 said...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1AXrY1FUiN/?igshid=wtl5scadd9cp
Apparently on his insta live story he said that he knows what school he is going to. Sounds like a commitment is coming soon and based on Kendall Milton and Tate ratledge tweets I’m thinking/hoping dawgs

I'm sticking with UGA here.

19 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

1. Define "cheated"

2. Define "blatant cheating"

3. Show that what was done was somehow more or more "blatant" than what every other school does

Yep to all 3 points. I don’t believe we do anything more than other tops schools. I just know when Evans commits that’s what every fan base is going to claim lol

sdogg, Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

Greg Biggins

• Greg Biggins
  • (44712)
  • 219 months
  •  
10 minutes ago

Ricks said he plans to take an official visit to Georgia at some point this fall. He's an LSU commitment but will take all five visits and LSU, Alabama, Ohio State and USC were already slated to receive one. Now you can add Georgia to the mix. Right now, the only date he has locked in is with Ohio State but he said he's looking at Georgia's home schedule to see when a date can be worked out.

3 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, we will have the #1 class this year. I’m amazed and I don’t care if we cheated to do it lol (I don’t believe we did btw). 

We are recruiting at a national level for a number of reasons.. it goes back to the national championship run.. that was a huge impression on players.  our staff is doing a tremendous job and we are doing a great job targeting kids who are willing and interested in leaving state.  yes we are probably getting help (if you only knew the help bama got during their run), but who really cares.  every program who recruits at a high level gets help. 

From TidalSurge1 on SECRant:

Zach Evans on Aug 12 -- "I don't really have any specific day yet. I want to take my officials first."

Sounds like there are conflicting reports from sources on Burch. From reading this board I thought getting Burch was almost a sure thing but Clemson insiders feel really good about him as well.

man I’d love to get Burch, Carter, and Dexter.

59 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

**** CLEMSON ends up w Burch breese and Murphy, lord that D

That could be as good or better than the class that just left.

We gotta break that **** up!

3 hours ago, Reeves said:

Sounds like there are conflicting reports from sources on Burch. From reading this board I thought getting Burch was almost a sure thing but Clemson insiders feel really good about him as well.

man I’d love to get Burch, Carter, and Dexter.

It will either be Clemson or UGA and I’d give the edge at this moment to UGA. Burch isn’t deciding until December so it will go back and forth between now and then 

Rusty is being very cautious with the Evans to UGA commitment, if it happens.  He said this will go the distance and that Evans is going to take all his visits.  He mentioned that John Emery "shut it down" when he committed to UGA last year and Trey Sanders did as well, when he gave his silent to the UGA staff.

58 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty is being very cautious with the Evans to UGA commitment, if it happens.  He said this will go the distance and that Evans is going to take all his visits.  He mentioned that John Emery "shut it down" when he committed to UGA last year and Trey Sanders did as well, when he gave his silent to the UGA staff.

This begs the question:

”Who’s Plan B?”

Flip Tank From AU?

Flip Lloyd from SCAR?

Flip Chaney from the U?

Someone else? Just take the one back/Milton?  Seems like we really need two this year.

57 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty also mentioned that if we land Nadab Joseph, he will count toward this class.

So he would count towards two separate classes?  2018 and 2020? Seems fair :huh:

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

This begs the question:

”Who’s Plan B?”

Flip Tank From AU?

Flip Lloyd from SCAR?

Flip Chaney from the U?

Someone else? Just take the one back/Milton?  Seems like we really need two this year.

We're not truly desperate for a second back in this class for next season... the real priority is having RBs on campus that we trust in in 2021... 

In 2020, the likely RB depth chart consists of: Zamir White, James Cook, Kenny McIntosh, and Kendall Milton (at this point)... The only scenario where you're concerned about that depth chart in 2020 is if 1) one of those 3 has a significant injury that would impact availability next year, or 2) someone transfers away... At this point, the 3rd risk of Zamir not bouncing back fully would seem to be mostly alleviated based on what has been seen at practices.

2021 on the other hand, has a high percentage chance at having at least one if not both of White and Cook having left for the draft. That would leave you with an RB room of McIntosh + Milton + whoever else you can grab at the position in 2020 and 2021. 

I think the 2021 RB class doesn't look nearly as talented at this stage, which is why the coaches are trying to snag 2 elite backs in this class. 

To answer your question, if we were to miss on Evans, I think the 2 most likely candidates would be flip Lloyd or flip Chaney... 1) I still maintain that Tank isn't a great complimentary back and 2) I think he may have a little upset feelings about not being prioritized by the staff... Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but those would be my guesses if we need a backup plan.

Wardog357 likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

So he would count towards two separate classes?  2018 and 2020? Seems fair :huh:

Rusty is claiming that he didn't count as an IC in 2018 and that spot went to Demetris Robertson... I have no clue whether he's accurate or not. 

g-dawg likes this

7 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

We're not truly desperate for a second back in this class for next season... the real priority is having RBs on campus that we trust in in 2021... 

In 2020, the likely RB depth chart consists of: Zamir White, James Cook, Kenny McIntosh, and Kendall Milton (at this point)... The only scenario where you're concerned about that depth chart in 2020 is if 1) one of those 3 has a significant injury that would impact availability next year, or 2) someone transfers away... At this point, the 3rd risk of Zamir not bouncing back fully would seem to be mostly alleviated based on what has been seen at practices.

2021 on the other hand, has a high percentage chance at having at least one if not both of White and Cook having left for the draft. That would leave you with an RB room of McIntosh + Milton + whoever else you can grab at the position in 2020 and 2021. 

I think the 2021 RB class doesn't look nearly as talented at this stage, which is why the coaches are trying to snag 2 elite backs in this class. 

To answer your question, if we were to miss on Evans, I think the 2 most likely candidates would be flip Lloyd or flip Chaney... 1) I still maintain that Tank isn't a great complimentary back and 2) I think he may have a little upset feelings about not being prioritized by the staff... Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but those would be my guesses if we need a backup plan.

Agree with all of this.

It would seem logical that Tank might have hard feelings towards UGA if he truly wanted to commit, made a video(rumor) and then was told he didn’t have a commitable offer(also rumored).

Frankly, if it really did go down like that I don’t believe any Dawg fan would feel differently if they were Tank. Agree he is not likely a flip candidate.

4 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Rusty is claiming that he didn't count as an IC in 2018 and that spot went to Demetris Robertson... I have no clue whether he's accurate or not. 

Rusty is the only one saying this, the only ones who really know is Kirby and NCAA. If this is the case I don’t see the benefit to signing Joesph if counts to this year. 

On Evans, our staff knows it won’t be over until he actually signs but Evans is 100% worth the risk. He is the best RB in this class and I’m not sure there’s a close 2nd. We will take 2 RBs no matter what this year because it highly unlikely White or Cook comeback for their Senior seasons. Only having 2 experienced backs for 2021 is scary at that position. We depend on having at least 4 deep at RB in case of injury 

27 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Rusty is the only one saying this, the only ones who really know is Kirby and NCAA. If this is the case I don’t see the benefit to signing Joesph if counts to this year. 

Yep... Poster on DN added some comments in line with the actual NCAA line by line rule verbiage... it seems like Rusty is incorrect. In short, if Joseph costs a spot, he's likely not a take. I don't see the staff actively pursuing him given our space limitations if Rusty was correct either.

29 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

On Evans, our staff knows it won’t be over until he actually signs but Evans is 100% worth the risk. He is the best RB in this class and I’m not sure there’s a close 2nd. We will take 2 RBs no matter what this year because it highly unlikely White or Cook comeback for their Senior seasons. Only having 2 experienced backs for 2021 is scary at that position. We depend on having at least 4 deep at RB in case of injury 

Absolutely. The gamble is worth it, if you miss, you still have options to 1) flip another back late in the 2020 cycle or 2) land 2 out of the 2021 cycle with a really compelling depth chart (but then you need to count on at least one freshman being a meaningful contributor - OR - you have to blow an extra spot on a grad transfer). I just don't see a scenario where this staff whiffs on Evans AND fails to get a second high enough caliber back in this class.