SacFalcFan

August 2019 UGA Recruiting Thread

623 posts in this topic

Football season is around the corner.. Could we add a few more pieceas before the season? 

9 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

As of right now, Tank is going to Auburn. Unless the staff is ready to give up on Evans. I’m uneasy about this 

Yep and yep.

14 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

As of right now, Tank is going to Auburn. Unless the staff is ready to give up on Evans. I’m uneasy about this 

My mind is unchanged... Not a loss if he goes to Auburn in my eyes. I reserve the right to retract my statement if his senior film is markedly different than everything else, but he just doesn't have the level of elusiveness that you would expect out of a 5* back. I'd rather miss on a second back altogether and take a better best player available... Don't get me wrong, I'd like Evans, or to flip Lloyd or similar, but I just don't have Bigsby in my top 5 or really even 10 RBs based on skillset.

sdogg and RandomFan like this

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Would be tough pill to swallow to see Tank flourish at AU if we miss on Evans.    Hope we get Evans and make it moot.

A person on the other site said this, and I thought it was interesting.

Despite all of Tank's talk about wanting to play with another top back, he backed of SC once they got Lloyd and us once we got Milton. 

Were those the only factors there?

No, of course not, and I'm not saying they were, but it is worth considering that maybe Tank is more interested in being the main back in whatever class he joins than has been thought.

Again, just thought it was an interesting consideration

fibonaccisquared, 95Dawg and g-dawg like this

Also worth noting that in both situations, the other backs were similar in style to Tank, making it possibly less appealing if you're interested in being the main freshman

g-dawg and fibonaccisquared like this

Also, it has just never felt like UGA/McGee  were Gaga for Tank, for whatever reason.

UGA treated Bigsby like that girl you string along for the midnight booty call but you have no desire to be seen with her in daylight hours.   Ain't mad at Tank no matter what he does.

So what you're saying is Tank is UGAs moped? 

Don't mind riding it, just don't want your friends to see you on it.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

So what you're saying is Tank is UGAs moped? 

Don't mind riding it, just don't want your friends to see you on it.

BINGO!

Image result for bingo talladega nights gif

38 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The chatter is that we will possibly know who our 2nd RB will be by weeks end.. should be interesting 

engage titillation.

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yeah I'm trying to  be optimistic but I see a real good chance for a let down on the Evans front. Really Really hope I'm wrong.

The timing of the messages today on twitter make me think it isn’t Tank. My guess is Tank said he wanted to commit, the coaches said they weren’t ready, this showed Evans he was the priority, Milton closed the deal this afternoon. 

Ooooor it is Tank and that is great too :lol:

1 minute ago, mike teevee said:

The timing of the messages today on twitter make me think it isn’t Tank. My guess is Tank said he wanted to commit, the coaches said they weren’t ready, this showed Evans he was the priority, Milton closed the deal this afternoon. 

Ooooor it is Tank and that is great too :lol:

:lol: Is kind of funny really...…..just hope for the best outcome for our Dawgs! 

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

:lol: Is kind of funny really...…..just hope for the best outcome for our Dawgs! 

Wasn’t there two CBs with Tank to the Barn this weekend?

We gettin’ Evans!!! :slick:

Wardog357 likes this

Evans has made comments leaning people to think he’s ready for the recruiting process to end. I still have a hard time believing Evans is coming to UGA but I will enjoy being wrong on that. Timeline for him is before HS season starts, 2 weeks or so

20 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I have no clue which way this is going, but I'm excited. 

yep same here..  i don't care who we add as our 2nd back.. whoever it is will be a very talented player.