Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
socalriseup

Bye Benkert. Lots of injuries today

36 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, mountain_jim3 said:

After what I saw from Schaub, if  Benkert is done for the season we better bring someone else in at QB - lots of teams have a viable option at backup QB but we don't, in my view.

Not to start a whole thing but I can't think of three teams with good backups...'good' meaning that if their #1 goes down, they would be able to produce a winning record with a backup under center.  

It's part of the NFL way of life that when the starting quarterback goes down, you're screwed until he comes back.  

falconsd56, 1989Fan, Geneaut and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Not to start a whole thing but I can't think of three teams with good backups...'good' meaning that if their #1 goes down, they would be able to produce a winning record with a backup under center.  

It's part of the NFL way of life that when the starting quarterback goes down, you're screwed until he comes back.  

Good post. Many teams can’t produce a winning record with their #1 let alone the backup. Any team than can is due to some team luck/talent or a young gun waiting their shot (Garropolo, Brady, Rodgers, etc.)

octoslash likes this

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 0:37 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Benkert will be in ir till next season with a horrific toe injury.. And will return to be our backup.. No worries, our front office knows what they are doing 

0-16 is  staring us straight in the face. Haha

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

*Maybe Hoyer since it’s the Patriots, but point taken nonetheless

I hope Matt Simms has improved. I really did not like what I saw in Schaub. 

Or if they both are bad I hope our Falcons are looking at bringing in another Vet. Maybe someone like Matt Moore or Matt Casel (since we like Matt's)

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Agreed, I just wanted him to be our backup this season. 

I did too. 

On 8/5/2019 at 6:26 AM, falconfanEST1989 said:

what is turf toe... in laymen 

Injury to the main joint of the big toe.  Sounds trivial, but it takes forever to heal, and there's nothing you do while standing that doesn't involve that joint.   Plus, if it's not 100% healed reinjures easily.