3 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Two more tweets left out of the O.P.

Why do so many posters here automatically assume the worst possible outcome? "OMG, Carpenter went to the locker room, they're going to amputate his leg!! ssshhhhhiiii. Man ended up watching the rest of practice and getting treated on the sidelines.  Really good bet it was just cramps.

1 hour ago, abcranford2 said:

Where are the folks complaining about wasting too many resources on oline

You feel a bit vindicated here and I can totally understand why but it is a hindsight vindication.

This post isn't made if the Falcons are all healthy across the OL or if the injuries were to lesser known OL commodities.

I just want you to be continually vindicated by the DL doing work this season. That's the true test of if the right decision was made in free agency.

2 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Where are the folks complaining about wasting too many resources on oline

We have Schaub backing up Ryan, so given they are interchangeable talent wise, losing Ryan due to OL injuries wouldn’t have been a big deal, so we still should have addressed the DL this year.

I mean, despite drafting Cominsky, and  signing Clayborn, Bailey, Davison and Hageman, the resigning Baby Tuggle, getting back an improved second year Senat, we completely ignored the DL   :ninja:

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Injury bug already hitting them hard, OL soon is gonna be a swinging door. Ryan better make sure to wear a flak jacket this season 

How is it hitting hard? McGary and Carpenter seem pretty minor and until I hear other I am assuming they will be good to start the season.

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

How is it hitting hard? McGary and Carpenter seem pretty minor and until I hear other I am assuming they will be good to start the season.

McGary is a big loss as far as his development curve if he ends up being out 4-8 weeks. Missing all these reps in practice and preseason is a big deal for a guy who had a lot to work on to be ready for the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

McGary is a big loss as far as his development curve. Missing all these reps in practice and preseason is a big deal for a guy who had a lot to work on to be ready for the regular season. 

Don’t disagree but IMO nothing that has happened equate to “injuries really hitting us hard...Ryan needs a flack jacket.” We have relatively minor things happen to two guys who are competing for starting spots. And the thread was a reaction to Carp going down...it’s just and aggregated hip flexor, pretty minor.

No IR, no PUP even...that is injuries hitting hard. This is a typical AFMB overreaction.