Jump to content

In all seriousness, why does DLed still have a job covering the Falcons


Recommended Posts

I do not know the man personally and have no ill will toward him on a personal level. However, this man is not just bad at his job, he is AWFUL. He truly seems to not even like the team he covers. His articles are poorly written, he doesn’t ask impactful questions and he sounds like he has about a sixth grade intelligence even though somehow he made it through law school. 

Arthur Blank attempts to hire only the best people for his organizations. If they don’t work out, he replaces them. How has DLed managed to keep his job? How much better informed would the fan base be if he were replaced with someone with competence? What is it that DLed brings to the table that makes the Falcons front office keep him around?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I do not know the man personally and have no ill will toward him on a personal level. However, this man is not just bad at his job, he is AWFUL. He truly seems to not even like the team he covers. His articles are poorly written, he doesn’t ask impactful questions and he sounds like he has about a sixth grade intelligence even though somehow he made it through law school. 

Arthur Blank attempts to hire only the best people for his organizations. If they don’t work out, he replaces them. How has DLed managed to keep his job? How much better informed would the fan base be if he were replaced with someone with competence? What is it that DLed brings to the table that makes the Falcons front office keep him around?

He's not an Atlanta Falcons employee. Same questions apply for the AJC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, runshoot said:

ROFL... AJC is not owned or operated by the Falcons front office.

Good laugh.

Arthur Blank's current bio lists him as a member of the board of directors of Cox Enterprises.  Cox OWNS the AJC..  If Blank had a problem with Ledbetter I'm sure he has the power to do something about it...

https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/arthur-blank

Blank serves on a number of boards including the Board of Trustees of The Carter Center, Inc.; the Board of Trustees of The Cooper Institute; and the Board of Cox Enterprises, Inc. He is also a Trustee of The First Tee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Arthur Blank's current bio lists him as a member of the board of directors of Cox Enterprises.  Cox OWNS the AJC..  If Blank had a problem with Ledbetter I'm sure he has the power to do something about it...

https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/arthur-blank

Blank serves on a number of boards including the Board of Trustees of The Carter Center, Inc.; the Board of Trustees of The Cooper Institute; and the Board of Cox Enterprises, Inc. He is also a Trustee of The First Tee.

And the illuminatii are reallllllll....woooooo, Arthur blank controls the world.....he can do anyyyythinnngggg.

Keep on believing that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Arthur Blank's current bio lists him as a member of the board of directors of Cox Enterprises.  Cox OWNS the AJC..  If Blank had a problem with Ledbetter I'm sure he has the power to do something about it...

https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/arthur-blank

Blank serves on a number of boards including the Board of Trustees of The Carter Center, Inc.; the Board of Trustees of The Cooper Institute; and the Board of Cox Enterprises, Inc. He is also a Trustee of The First Tee.

None of that is necessary. as the owner of the falcons, Blank could just ban DLed from all team functions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I do not know the man personally and have no ill will toward him on a personal level. However, this man is not just bad at his job, he is AWFUL. He truly seems to not even like the team he covers. His articles are poorly written, he doesn’t ask impactful questions and he sounds like he has about a sixth grade intelligence even though somehow he made it through law school. 

Arthur Blank attempts to hire only the best people for his organizations. If they don’t work out, he replaces them. How has DLed managed to keep his job? How much better informed would the fan base be if he were replaced with someone with competence? What is it that DLed brings to the table that makes the Falcons front office keep him around?

Because he’s cheap.

Are you expecting Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalism from the beat writer?

It is what is it.  They had a much better guy working there but he left for the NFL network.

He has the job because he’s built connections within the organization, he’s cheap, and he isn’t going anywhere.

if you haven’t noticed newspapers aren’t really bringing in the $$ anymore.

They can’t afford anyone better

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Ok...if you say so....I know otherwise

 

OK, my point stands, Blank doesn't have to work through the boards of the various businesses & foundations he's on to get rid of Dled.

Really not sure what the AJC would do any more, at one time they were a main source of Falcons news to fans and it would have hurt the falcons to not have a beat reporter there. Now, not so much. 

And, they could still send another reporter, banning DLed isn't the same as banning the entire AJC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconidae said:

OK, my point stands, Blank doesn't have to work through the boards of the various businesses & foundations he's on to get rid of Dled.

Really not sure what the AJC would do any more, at one time they were a main source of Falcons news to fans and it would have hurt the falcons to not have a beat reporter there. Now, not so much. 

And, they could still send another reporter, banning DLed isn't the same as banning the entire AJC.

Are you from Atlanta....if so...you understand...if not...you wouldn't

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Actually lived in Atlanta for 30+ years. 

 

Then you should know....DLed is highly respected in other circles...A graduate from a HBCU in the mecca of black folk in a highly diversified city..

He aint going nowhere...unless

1) He Quits

2) He retires

3) He dies

Im born and bred in Atl....I roll in crazy circles....Its not that simple....even though I share your displeasure

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...