Dirk Koetter vs Kyle Shanahan? Who do you like more?

Koetter's running game is mediocre.  His game planning is mediocre.  If he will accept help with those two things, the Falcons can be very good.

Shannahan is an egotist.  A narcissist.  His game planning is excellent.  I watched his ego destroy him in his second SB and was shocked.  Did he really repeat the same arrogant mistakes? 

Shannahan cannot be fixed.  Koetter can.  But, hypothetically, Shanny could take this team farther in 2020.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, NaGaBoy said:

Koetter's running game is mediocre.  His game planning is mediocre.  If he will accept help with those two things, the Falcons can be very good.

Shannahan is an egotist.  A narcissist.  His game planning is excellent.  I watched his ego destroy him in his second SB and was shocked.  Did he really repeat the same arrogant mistakes? 

Shannahan cannot be fixed.  Koetter can.  But, hypothetically, Shanny could take this team farther in 2020.

I’ll take the unfixable KS over a “fixable” DK every single time.  That was a team projected by most to be average at best.  I thought they would win the division, though.  

With Jimmy G, KS is 20-5 in SF

Is that an actual question? Lol Shanahan reached the super bowl in his 2nd season as OC and Head Coach. Koetter has never reached one in either position. Never reached the playoffs in Tampa for that matter.

I have hope the offense can be as good or better with Ridley and Gurley but no contest

Kyle because he knows how to use his personnel and which personnel fits in which particular package for the best benefits.

Dirk forgets that he has a RB most times or on a 3rd and short he forgets that he has a rookie offensive lineman that he attempts to run it through.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Who's style do you like more Dirk Koetter or Kyle Shanahan? Which coordinator do you like better overall? Feel free to talk about things you like or dislike about each one. 

From the first time I saw Matt Ryan play, I thought he would be a perfect fit for the WCO. Very accurate short and medium passer and no great need for deep arm strength. He's always been more of a Joe Montana type to me. It took him a while to get the timing and language of the WCO Shanny ran but when he got it down cold, I thought he was right where he belonged. I believe Ryan fits Shanny's offense much better than Koetter's more traditional vertical scheme. I think it was a mistake to take Ryan away from the WCO concept. I know they blow smoke about Koetter incorporating some of the WCO but that just doesn't pass the eye test. This offense is clearly more of a vertical, hitch and hook concept. The passing game is closer to the offense run during the Dan Reeves era than the Shanny era. Too bad the running game isn't.