Dirk Koetter vs Kyle Shanahan? Who do you like more?

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

You are probably correct with that point. KS really called to Ryan's strengths with play action and such. But not letting him audible may have cost him a Super Bowl with that sack. MR2 is smart enough to know when and when not to change a play imo

It may have...

Its not that he forbids audibles, but the personnel packages on certain plays makes an audible impossible or downright stupid.

Most of Shanny’s calls will have a check Ryan could make at the LOS

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It may have...

Its not that he forbids audibles, but the personnel packages on certain plays makes an audible impossible or downright stupid.

Well, it's a moot situation anyway with Shanny gone and not coming back. I was referring to the current or future OC and how they should proceed with Ryan as QB. I personally like the hurry up when he sees what he likes in the defense. 

On 8/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

If that’s your argument then Quinn needs to be shown the door as well.  Like it or not, Quinn had the headset on and could have called timeout and overruled any single call late in that game.  Same for Carroll regarding Bevell’s call in SB 49

Yup

20 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It may have...

I used to try to explain this to fans but with no such luck. I have friends who love to blame Ryan for everything including playcalling.

I have never seen a fanbase put so much blame on their starting QB. They expect him to call the game, block the other team, get open, avoid sacks, and make perfect passes.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:47 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Who's style do you like more Dirk Koetter or Kyle Shanahan? Which coordinator do you like better overall? Feel free to talk about things you like or dislike about each one. 

Kyle Shanahan.  There shouldn't even be debate about this. WAY better OC. But I might be bias because I'm a hardcore Dirk Koetter hater. I was beyond pissed when they brought him back.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:28 PM, falcons007 said:

How many historic offenses Shanny had before and after 2016? Ryan threw 35 TD under Sark with rag tag OL. If the offense stays healthy, I could see Ryan throwing 40 TD. 

That's the thing. Shanny didn't look great here after year one when our O line was trash. Sark didn't look great either but we still made the playoffs and should have made it back to the NFC championship. Then in year two under Sark Ryan almost matched his MVP output behind another messed up O line. 

If we see the leap we normally see on offense in year two of a coordinator, then the gap between DK and Shanahan should close. I just hope the unorthodox offseason doesn't effect their growth.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, Gold4425 said:

I can move on but it is hard to forget KS literally caused us to lose the biggest game in the NFL because of ego. He is a whiz and we need to stop trying make our OC's be him like we did last year. But why did he put him over the organization? DK has too much experience to let his judgment be clouded when the stakes are that high but few can scheme like KS or have an exciting offense like KS.

Great points!  But KS still has to call the game real time and when the pressure is on.....HE SUCKS!!!!!  I love it!  He is a legacy azzhat!

6 minutes ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Shanahan was the best OC we've ever had because of his genius in the run game and setting plays up.

Oddly, in 2016 it was his genius in the pass game that set up the run.  We passed the ball early and often and then ran the ball late.

KS coaches to his teams strength.  In SF he runs to pass