Jump to content

Dirk Koetter vs Kyle Shanahan? Who do you like more?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7th best offense in league history was under Shanny. I’m excited about Koetter but I wished we could have kept Shannahan.

I will take Dirk over Sark and other coaches falcons interviewed end of last season.  Last I checked KS is not available. 

How many historic offenses Shanny had before and after 2016? Ryan threw 35 TD under Sark with rag tag OL. If the offense stays healthy, I could see Ryan throwing 40 TD. 

Sorry, but I have to go with Shanahan.   I loved his play calling and style.   He brought out the very best in every player on the offense.   The offense was fun to watch and I never felt like we were going to lose the game.

Loved him.   You can blame the Super Bowl loss on him, but truth is, that's how he played - he never quit trying to score - and I love that about him.

I honestly believe that if the defense wasn't so gassed, Alex Mack's leg wasn't giving out on him, we hadn't lost Schraeder and Coleman - that series with the amazing throw/catch to Julio would have ended very differently.

If there is one thing I like about Koetter, it's how he gives Ryan more say at the line.   Shanahan, genius and all, was very obstinate about only doing things his way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, falcons007 said:

How many historic offenses Shanny had before and after 2016? Ryan threw 35 TD under Sark with rag tag OL. If the offense stays healthy, I could see Ryan throwing 40 TD. 

And its been posted ad nauseam here that DK didnt even call his own offense in TB. And last year the one game that he did call the plays he scored THREE points.

Dirk is a loser. Always has been. Matt got Dirk that job in TB. Just like he got Mularkey his job and Kyle his job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Our offense has so much talent that Dirk should be fine this year.

I don't like that mentality. 

Shanahan without Garropollo still produced the league's 3rd best running game and a TE with 1300+ receiving yards in 2018. For that matter, everywhere he's been Kyle has been able to get the best out of the ground game regardless of personnel, and I know in Washington those O-lines were garbage.

Something is wrong if DK needs all this talent to be just fine. Granted, DK isn't a bad coordinator, but as @FalconsIn2020 put it, he's not the innovator Kyle is. Maybe learning a new offense will get the creative mojo going for DK, but I just haven't seen his offenses consistently create the kind of fireworks Kyle's does, and seemingly so effortlessly.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, No.11 said:

I don't like that mentality. 

Shanahan without Garropollo still produced the league's 3rd best running game and a TE with 1300+ receiving yards in 2018. For that matter, everywhere he's been Kyle has been able to get the best out of the ground game regardless of personnel, and I know in Washington those O-lines were garbage.

Something is wrong if DK needs all this talent to be just fine. Granted, DK isn't a bad coordinator, but as @FalconsIn2020 put it, he's not the innovator Kyle is. Maybe learning a new offense will get the creative mojo going for DK, but I just haven't seen his offenses create the kind of fireworks Kyle's does, and seemingly so effortlessly.

 

 

Your last two sentences are on point.  It’s something I mentioned to Vel. This new offense may stir up Dirk’s creative juices and give his career a needed jump start

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I want any OC that is smart enough to let MR2 call his own plays at the line. Give him some scripted plays, let him decide what to do based on the defense, and look like a genius in the process 

And yet the one OC who restricted much of Ryan’s ability to audible got the very best out of Ryan

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

And yet the one OC who restricted much of Ryan’s ability to audible got the very best out of Ryan

You are probably correct with that point. KS really called to Ryan's strengths with play action and such. But not letting him audible may have cost him a Super Bowl with that sack. MR2 is smart enough to know when and when not to change a play imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...