VTCrunkler

Tony Gonzalez

48 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The riches man in the world just chilling at the HOF next to one of the greatest QB to ever play.

That was pre-divorce I believe.

TG shoutout to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy White.

Love it!

atljbo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Abe was here before TD.

I stand corrected. My point still stands. Don’t get why anyone can praise him and still doesn’t like him 

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Yep that was a Rich McKay trade. Great trade too. 3 team deal. 

And trading down to get extra pick for Schuab and additional 2nd round later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Good props but lol at not biggest TD fan

Julio 

TG 

Turner 

Abe 

and all the great drafting 

Abe trade was under McKay but i still agree

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased that he made the HOF- well deserved.

My only negative is how things ended with Atlanta- TG missed training camp as a condition of playing that year, and he wanted a release from Falcons rather than just retire. Seems like he wanted to play for a ring somewhere. Bit odd.

That aside- he was so reliable to get a first down, even when he had no speed left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Good props but lol at not biggest TD fan

Julio 

TG 

Turner 

Abe 

and all the great drafting 

Abe wasn’t TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Why did the Skins trade Champ Bailey. 

Because Snyder is an idiot and would rather have an eccentric RB. (Portis)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Ed Reed Legend .. love it . 

Gonzo Legend .. love it . Love it even more how much he respects & appreciates the Falcons and we weren’t even his OG team . That trade is 1(B) to Julio1(A) . I’m not the biggest TD fan but he’s had strokes of brilliance, luck or whatever one would like to call it . 

A bit of luck but we have the best roster in franchise history. 1998 is the closest argument but that was a bunch of old FA vets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, atljbo said:

The riches man in the world just chilling at the HOF next to one of the greatest QB to ever play.

LOL.  I was sitting there saying that Matt Ryan has apparently ascended to Luminati since he's casually sitting next to Bezos and looks like he belongs next to him.

atljbo and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

LOL.  I was sitting there saying that Matt Ryan has apparently ascended to Luminati since he's casually sitting next to Bezos and looks like he belongs next to him.

Ice is a disciple.  he gets access to all the secrets..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Because Snyder is an idiot and would rather have an eccentric RB. (Portis)

i know that but what are specifics surrounding it.  champ clearly prioritized Bronco nation in his speech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

i know that but what are specifics surrounding it.  champ clearly prioritized Bronco nation in his speech

Crazy thing is WAS gave Champ and a 2nd round pick for Portis, Crazy considering how devalued RBs are in today’s trade market. The top veteran RB would be lucky to fetch a second round pick alone, yet alone an all pro CB too.

Thought it was interesting that WAS didn’t even call Champ to congratulate him until a couple days before the ceremony.

looks like he was traded because they couldn’t come to a contract agreement. (Link)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/03/champ-bailey-says-redskins-didnt-congratulate-him-his-hall-fame-induction-until-this-week/%3FoutputType%3Damp

 

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Crazy thing is WAS gave Champ and a 2nd round pick for Portis, Crazy considering how devalued RBs are in today’s trade market. The top veteran RB would be lucky to fetch a second round pick alone, yet alone an all pro CB too.

Thought it was interesting that WAS didn’t even call Champ to congratulate him until a couple days before the ceremony.

looks like he was traded because they couldn’t come to a contract agreement. (Link)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/03/champ-bailey-says-redskins-didnt-congratulate-him-his-hall-fame-induction-until-this-week/%3FoutputType%3Damp

 

Shame shame. The redskins could have used him.  They got Portis in return which was not a bad consolation at the time. I remember that at the time: thought it was a pretty even trade. RBs were not devalued then like they are now. 

Mom just glad we have a stellar ow we instead of a guy like Snyder among others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

A bit of luck but we have the best roster in franchise history. 1998 is the closest argument but that was a bunch of old FA vets.

That 1980 roster was stacked too.  The Falcons had the best offensive line in the league, the best running back duo, great receivers across the board, the best quarterback that year, the best linebacking corps, a great corner in Roland Lawrence,  and Pridemore and Glazebrook at safety could match up with anybody.

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Ed Reed Legend .. love it . 

Gonzo Legend .. love it . Love it even more how much he respects & appreciates the Falcons and we weren’t even his OG team . That trade is 1(B) to Julio1(A) . I’m not the biggest TD fan but he’s had strokes of brilliance, luck or whatever one would like to call it . 

That comment about “felt like being in church. RIIIIISE UP!” Was really cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He’s had a good bit. 

Ryan

Turner

TG

Asante

Free

Matthews

Mack

Sanu

Poe

Debo

Grady

Freeney

 

Plus since he’s been here the falcons stay relevant for the playoffs. No GM had a back to back winning season before he got here and no Falcons GM ever had a winning record. He’s pretty d@mn good. Best falcons GM by far. 

Bro. We've only been to the playoffs two of the last six seasons. We've ranked at or near the bottom of the league in available cap space the last five years. And please don't forget about Puddin, Jelly, Sackmaker, King Konz, Ray Deadwards, Fair Catch Franks, Dead President, RobbinUs, Akeem The Dream Dent, Reynolds Wrap, Featherspoon, Bustley, Dook Riley, Jailin Collins, Jake The Fake Rogers, Haggleman, DezWent Southward, Chevis Regal, ButtaFusco, Crisp Owens, JopTop, Warlock, Brokeback Ewing, Clip Matthews, Quidget, Shatt Schillinger, Brawley, Kerry The Legend Meier, Usucka Polite, My Johnson, etc. Not to mention cutting or walking Abe, Grimes, Dimarco, Mud Duck, Clabo, Dahl, The Burner, Brooking, Boley, Lofton, Grady, Weems, Nic, Poe, Ovie, Chester and others then replacing them with downgraded bust level clowns. Dude sucks bro. Admit it.

freefall likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro. We've only been to the playoffs two of the last six seasons. We've ranked at or near the bottom of the league in available cap space the last five years. And please don't forget about Puddin, Jelly, Sackmaker, King Konz, Ray Deadwards, Fair Catch Franks, Dead President, RobbinUs, Akeem The Dream Dent, Reynolds Wrap, Featherspoon, Bustley, Dook Riley, Jailin Collins, Jake The Fake Rogers, Haggleman, DezWent Southward, Chevis Regal, ButtaFusco, Crisp Owens, JopTop, Warlock, Brokeback Ewing, Clip Matthews, Quidget, Shatt Schillinger, Brawley, Kerry The Legend Meier, Usucka Polite, My Johnson, etc. Not to mention cutting or walking Abe, Grimes, Dimarco, Mud Duck, Clabo, Dahl, The Burner, Brooking, Boley, Lofton, Grady, Weems, Nic, Poe, Ovie, Chester and others then replacing them with downgraded bust level clowns. Dude sucks bro. Admit it.

Haha not taking side on TD but love some of them nicknames you came up with.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, freefall said:

Haha not taking side on TD but love some of them nicknames you came up with.

Classics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now