David Johnson

Warningx13

No I'm not here to talk about the hall of fame game. I may not be the OG but I've been through about 15 preseasons with this team as a intellectually awake football fan and I could not care less what happens in the preseason. This is a team of veterans and we all know approximately how they are going to perform once opening kickoff comes around.

My one concern and at this point that's it, ONE concern, is at the RB position. Freeman has proven to be made of glass the last few seasons and Coleman is gone and the front office did nothing to calm my nerves at that position but I was thinking and here goes the point.

The Cards are going nowhere. I watched Rosen and liked him in college. He can throw a great ball. I mean sure Murray can make a few more things happen but before the trade deadline its going to be apparent out in Arizona that they need to put pieces in place around him and fast. Specifically in protecting him.

So here is the question, assuming David Johnson is on the trade block as the trading period is coming to a close how much are you willing to give away for him? Remembering we have zero superbowls and for all other intents and purposes a loaded roster.

I myself am thinking a first this year and next and Trufant. Maybe that's generous idk. There are so many players you can sling in there. Like Keanu Neal. We have 3 safeties at this point. Beasley can go for sure. Thing is we have more then enough to bring that monster David Johnson in here and take a shot at the greatest offense of all time and our first super bowl.

I'm gonna assume everyone has the sense to know David Johnson would rock our roster to the max and that getting him here would mean the world. All those who wanna say Freeman can go for 2400 total yards with his fragile frame and if he goes down our backups are good enough can sit down. Your dumb and this topic isn't for you.

And if you dont care about DJ, who are we targeting? What's the plan?

David Johnson has had his own significant injury history....and is older than Freeman. I think his upside is higher, but he will command 7 mill this season, over 11 next season. Freeman is 4 mill and 7 next. He is far more expensive than Freeman in a time we r trying to pay Jones and possibly Neal.

1 minute ago, ki46dinah said:

David Johnson has had his own significant injury history....and is older than Freeman. I think his upside is higher, but he will command 7 mill this season, over 11 next season. Freeman is 4 mill and 7 next. He is far more expensive than Freeman in a time we r trying to pay Jones and possibly Neal.

Trading for him for the season to win a bowl but technically they are both 27 and Freeman has never performed at an MVP Level. Not gonna suggest we sign either one to a max deal but I am suggesting Freeman cant hold Johnson's strap and at the very the least both of them greatly increase our chances on getting a Lombadi in the ATL.

Just my opinion but my biggest concern is not running back. I could not imagine trading that much capital for a running back eitjer. All the news about Freeman from camp is been very good. He should be well rested and hungry. 

Hill looked good thursday night and didnt looked slowed down at all. 

Smith proved to be awfully good behind an awful line last year. 

My Biggest concern right now is LB and Safety depth. 

28 minutes ago, LouDog said:

David Johnson has only had over 1000 yards rushing once, and in that year he averaged 4.2 ypc. Not bad but not great either. Not sure how much of an upgrade he would be.

To be fair, he’d be so much better behind a solid line. They still don’t have a line in Arizona. 

Years ago he was considered top 5. Because of injury and that trash in front of him he won’t be considered that again anytime soon. He’s no Saqoun. 

16 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

Trading for him for the season to win a bowl but technically they are both 27 and Freeman has never performed at an MVP Level. Not gonna suggest we sign either one to a max deal but I am suggesting Freeman can’t hold Johnson’s strap and at the very the least both of them greatly increase our chances on getting a Lombadi in the ATL.

LOL....Johnson’s “strap” produced a 3.6 YPC last year.

Get out of here with that drunk-on-your a s s crapola post.

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

To be fair, he’d be so much better behind a solid line. They still don’t have a line in Arizona. 

Years ago he was considered top 5. Because of injury and that trash in front of him he won’t be considered that again anytime soon. He’s no Saqoun. 

He does have a ****** line but he has an even harder time staying healthy than Freeman does. And trading Neal for him is out there. 

Edited by LouDog