Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monoxide

There's going to be so much crow eaten about Vic Beasley this year

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I think Takk or Grady could. Jarrett had 6 in a partial 2018 season, playing hurt in some games even..and he seems to get better every season.

if the offense gets back to putting up big numbers and playing w a lead it will only help their chances.

Takk is low ceiling guy, average 6-8 sack guy.

The reason for Beasley's backslide is because we had the wrong OC...  Sounds crazy don't it..But just think,, our O being on the field short periods of time an D staying on the field longer,, results in over work in a game.. As I've said many times.. A great O# will help us to have a Great D# that is on the field with 33% less time on the field for our D... 

And our new O#C will help this to happen,,  And we also wear down the opposing D# while they will be on the field longer than we will be. 

Last but not least,, and most important is this is the most talented Falcon team in history,, Period. If you disagree with this statement , you haven't kept up with the team the last 45 years like I have,,   I made a statement about how the only thing that could stop us is if Ryan got knocked out by some reason or another. But now that I've seen the new kid in town,, Benkert play,, WE may can even be fine if Ryan , God forbid,, did get hurt,,  He has been the most durable player I've ever seen.. Hope he stays that way,, but what a releaf to think we had a back up as good as Benkert..

24 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

I appreciate the respectful reply! I’ve also talked to Clemson fans from both his time as a Tiger and now as a Falcon. I know the complaint about dominating against weak lineman was common, but I don’t remember him completely shutting down against legitimate offenses. I remember watching his highlight footage in 2015 and wondering how in the world he was ranked lower than Dante Fowler.

The only thing that could have been better during the off season signings and Draft ,,, is if we somehow could have drafted DT Christian Wilkins,, WE could have traded up for him with the McGary pick,, But we would have had to trade up to #12 to have gotten him,, I heard that TD tried to trade up for him but couldn't get anybody to trade with us.  Just remember this, , I trully believe Wilkins will be the steal of the draft even thou he was picked at #10  or 11,, can't remember but about two picks before us. I believe Wilkins will be ranked no less as top 3 DT in the league within the next couple of years.

12 hours ago, Monoxide said:

I love this team and I love this fan base, but we have a terrible tendency of severely underrating players due to specific struggles. 

Say he was a one hit wonder in 2016 or that his success came against lower tiered offensive lineman, but a player in today's league doesn't earn 1st team all-pro pass rushing honors unless they have an elite skill set. I think the coaching regarding Vic's development has been grossly inadequate and Quinn taking control of his defense this season is going to lead to a rejuvenated and hungry Vic Beasley. 

I think he gets double digit sacks this season and us homers can do our "told ya so" dances. In fact, I'll put money on it. I'm willing to PayPal bet someone 50 dollars that Vic finishes with at least 10 sacks. I'm 2 for 2 on AFMB bets over the years.  

Even if you're frustrated with his last 2 years or his recent paycheck, he's a hard player to root against. The hate and vitriol he's gotten since his 15.5 sack season has been on par with the worst of Kroy Biermann. Like I said in the title, there's going to be plenty of crow to go around after this year. 

I don’t bet my hard earned money, and it’s even more counter intuitive for me to bet against a falcon player.....

But even with all of that, you’re betting VB will be getting double digest sacks this upcoming season? I’m so tempted to take on your bet, Mono my man.

To be honest, I don't think Beasley can dominate in either the new 3-4 under or the 4-3 under.  He is a product of those around him.  It was like that at Clemson.  If you leave Beasley out there the tackles just ride him by the quarterback because of his technique that he gives up on too easily:

Image result for vic beasley clemson gif

EVERY ONCE in a while he will get proper technique.  This is what sold the Falcons on him below:

Image result for vic beasley clemson gif

Edited by slickgadawg

7 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

I dont have to read your entire post to remember him getting 4 sacks against a backup left tack in denver in '16. I really hope he can show back up but it's been two entire years since he led the NFL in sacks.

I will have never been more happy to eat several servings or crow then I will be if he "returns to form" but Beasley is now and forever will be the pick we should have used o  Gurley.

I'm a Tennessee fan btw so no UGA bias here.

Ya..that same backup right Tackle from Denver is who some people on this board think is starter material for our team this year.. I just pray it's not true. Someone needs to step up at right tackle.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t bet my hard earned money, and it’s even more counter intuitive for me to bet against a falcon player.....

But even with all of that, you’re betting VB will be getting double digest sacks this upcoming season? I’m so tempted to take on your bet, Mono my man.

The offer absolutely stands!

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I'd love to eat me some Vic crow.

I am not counting on having to do it...

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Why is that? Takk seems more we’ll rounded...what’s the major difference?

Even w Vic’s one outlier season he averages less than 1 more sack per year than Takk.

Nothing wrong with him. iMHO He is gonna be a 25-26 guy in first 4 years. Just not elite and over hyped like the board.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dude should have been cut. We could have signed Preston Smith, Bruce Irvin, Benson Mayowa and Shane Ray for the same cap hit this year. If he blows up this season we won't be able to re-sign him. Troffed.

Shane Ray is pure trash.  I’d take Vic over any of the others.  

8 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Shane Ray is pure trash.  I’d take Vic over any of the others.  

FFS1970 doesn’t care. He’s like the kid who checks Madden free agents and gets angry when they’re not signed in real life. Beasley is better than Dante Fowler who got nearly 15 million this year.

15 hours ago, Monoxide said:

I love this team and I love this fan base, but we have a terrible tendency of severely underrating players due to specific struggles. 

Say he was a one hit wonder in 2016 or that his success came against lower tiered offensive lineman, but a player in today's league doesn't earn 1st team all-pro pass rushing honors unless they have an elite skill set. I think the coaching regarding Vic's development has been grossly inadequate and Quinn taking control of his defense this season is going to lead to a rejuvenated and hungry Vic Beasley. 

I think he gets double digit sacks this season and us homers can do our "told ya so" dances. In fact, I'll put money on it. I'm willing to PayPal bet someone 50 dollars that Vic finishes with at least 10 sacks. I'm 2 for 2 on AFMB bets over the years.  

Even if you're frustrated with his last 2 years or his recent paycheck, he's a hard player to root against. The hate and vitriol he's gotten since his 15.5 sack season has been on par with the worst of Kroy Biermann. Like I said in the title, there's going to be plenty of crow to go around after this year. 

Great perspective, Mono.  

While I didn’t love picking up the option, it’s not cause I have no faith in Vic.  I just don’t see any way we can keep him if he has a good season.

But I’ve said this for a few months: Vic will get a sack for every $1,000,000 we pay him in 2019. 

2017 he had 4 sacks in first 6 games but his torn quad derailed what started out as a great 3rd year.  Last year, once the defense settled down with Irvin signing, he had 4 sacks in final 7 games.  Easily could have been 7-8 sacks in final 6 games.  

Vic will effect the QB this year.  He is a good QB spy as well.  Still won’t offer much against the run, though

Awesome video from a TATF poster

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Nothing wrong with him. iMHO He is gonna be a 25-26 guy in first 4 years. Just not elite and over hyped like the board.

Gotcha. We all have the right to our opinion. I was asking genuinely to see what your insight was on him. I personally disagree, but with respect my man. :tiphat:

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dude should have been cut. We could have signed Preston Smith, Bruce Irvin, Benson Mayowa and Shane Ray for the same cap hit this year. If he blows up this season we won't be able to re-sign him. Troffed.

Thought this was a FFS1970 troll account at first, this feels like a parody at this point.

Just so you know, if he does blow up, that's a 3rd round comp for free. Only guy on your list I'd want for the number they got is Irvin tbh, the others are either overpaid like Beas arguably is (Smith) or worse than what we have (Mayowa and Ray).

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK. Production comparison last year:

• Beasley - 20 tackles, 7 TFLs, 5.0 sacks, 8 Hits, 0 INTs, 3 PDs, 0 FFs, 1 FR, 1 TD
  • Those Four - 120 tackles, 24 TFLs, 15.5 sacks, 40 Hits, 1 INTs, 7 PDs, 2 FFs, 2 FR, 1 TD

*Sigh* I was not talking COMBINED dummy.

And you know if you average the total of those world beaters....it’s about the same as Vic.  

Man I’m sold!! 

/purple

Edited by Godzilla1985