Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monoxide

There's going to be so much crow eaten about Vic Beasley this year

Recommended Posts

I love this team and I love this fan base, but we have a terrible tendency of severely underrating players due to specific struggles. 

Say he was a one hit wonder in 2016 or that his success came against lower tiered offensive lineman, but a player in today's league doesn't earn 1st team all-pro pass rushing honors unless they have an elite skill set. I think the coaching regarding Vic's development has been grossly inadequate and Quinn taking control of his defense this season is going to lead to a rejuvenated and hungry Vic Beasley. 

I think he gets double digit sacks this season and us homers can do our "told ya so" dances. In fact, I'll put money on it. I'm willing to PayPal bet someone 50 dollars that Vic finishes with at least 10 sacks. I'm 2 for 2 on AFMB bets over the years.  

Even if you're frustrated with his last 2 years or his recent paycheck, he's a hard player to root against. The hate and vitriol he's gotten since his 15.5 sack season has been on par with the worst of Kroy Biermann. Like I said in the title, there's going to be plenty of crow to go around after this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think most want to hate on him, we’ve just been disappointed. I’ve defended him over the years, but at this point I can’t do that anymore. He’s quite literally been the least effective pass rusher in the league the past two seasons with the worst pressure rate. I’d love to see him post good numbers this year, but frankly, I think Takks the guy to look out for rather than Vic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

I love this team and I love this fan base, but we have a terrible tendency of severely underrating players due to specific struggles. 

Say he was a one hit wonder in 2016 or that his success came against lower tiered offensive lineman, but a player in today's league doesn't earn 1st team all-pro pass rushing honors unless they have an elite skill set. I think the coaching regarding Vic's development has been grossly inadequate and Quinn taking control of his defense this season is going to lead to a rejuvenated and hungry Vic Beasley. 

I think he gets double digit sacks this season and us homers can do our "told ya so" dances. In fact, I'll put money on it. I'm willing to PayPal bet someone 50 dollars that Vic finishes with at least 10 sacks. I'm 2 for 2 on AFMB bets over the years.  

Even if you're frustrated with his last 2 years or his recent paycheck, he's a hard player to root against. The hate and vitriol he's gotten since his 15.5 sack season has been on par with the worst of Kroy Biermann. Like I said in the title, there's going to be plenty of crow to go around after this year. 

I love crows so will not allow any crow killings, but then again do not think the effort will be needed. Like any kind of failure in sports at any level, there are always plenty of excuses available. Beasley certainly does not lack for any number of excuses, but what he does lack is the 'killer instinct' that someone like Tak, Michael Jordan, or a Larry Bird. Excuse the analogy of basketball with only 5-players, making it easier for one person to make a difference, but used them to better make my point. There are plenty of NFL players I could have used like Gerald McCoy, John Abraham, etc... He will disappoint us again for the last time, because he lacks 'heart'.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dude should have been cut. We could have signed Preston Smith, Bruce Irvin, Benson Mayowa and Shane Ray for the same cap hit this year. If he blows up this season we won't be able to re-sign him. Troffed.

If he gets around 10 or 11 sacks, he’s absolutely a candidate to be re-signed.  Quinn said publicly Vic will have to earn his extension. This FO and coaching staff have put full trust in his abilities and I don’t see them letting that go unless he completely craps the bed this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I love crows so will not allow any crow killings, but then again do not think the effort will be needed. Like any kind of failure in sports at any level, there are always plenty of excuses available. Beasley certainly does not lack for any number of excuses, but what he does lack is the 'killer instinct' that someone like Tak, Michael Jordan, or a Larry Bird. Excuse the analogy of basketball with only 5-players, making it easier for one person to make a difference, but used them to better make my point. There are plenty of NFL players I could have used like Gerald McCoy, John Abraham, etc... He will disappoint us again for the last time, because he lacks 'heart'.

 

 

I find this to be completely baseless. Vic has shown plenty of heart dating back to Clemson. “Heart” in a figurative sense isn’t measurable like combine numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

You must not have been around 2 short years ago...

 

He was no where near as good as his sack numbers suggested.  His pressure rate was bad.  He had zero sacks in the post season, he quite literally disappeared.  Grady had 3 sacks at DT in the super bowl alone.  If Grady was round one and Beasley round 5,  no one would hate on Beasley.  So far he has been a huge let down based on where he was drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. This is extremely easy to say after learning he will be used differently this season. End of the day he still has to produce. 

Also, it shows how much you haven’t been around. **** near 95% of us who have bashed him have said numerous times that we hope he proves us wrong. Not everyone chooses to play the homer roll and think every single thing is peachy clean when it isn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t think most want to hate on him, we’ve just been disappointed. I’ve defended him over the years, but at this point I can’t do that anymore. He’s quite literally been the least effective pass rusher in the league the past two seasons with the worst pressure rate. I’d love to see him post good numbers this year, but frankly, I think Takks the guy to look out for rather than Vic. 

This. It’s much more disappointment than hate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monoxide said:

I love this team and I love this fan base, but we have a terrible tendency of severely underrating players due to specific struggles. 

Say he was a one hit wonder in 2016 or that his success came against lower tiered offensive lineman, but a player in today's league doesn't earn 1st team all-pro pass rushing honors unless they have an elite skill set. I think the coaching regarding Vic's development has been grossly inadequate and Quinn taking control of his defense this season is going to lead to a rejuvenated and hungry Vic Beasley. 

I think he gets double digit sacks this season and us homers can do our "told ya so" dances. In fact, I'll put money on it. I'm willing to PayPal bet someone 50 dollars that Vic finishes with at least 10 sacks. I'm 2 for 2 on AFMB bets over the years.  

Even if you're frustrated with his last 2 years or his recent paycheck, he's a hard player to root against. The hate and vitriol he's gotten since his 15.5 sack season has been on par with the worst of Kroy Biermann. Like I said in the title, there's going to be plenty of crow to go around after this year. 

Vic and you boy Free should have big seasons. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have to read your entire post to remember him getting 4 sacks against a backup left tack in denver in '16. I really hope he can show back up but it's been two entire years since he led the NFL in sacks.

I will have never been more happy to eat several servings or crow then I will be if he "returns to form" but Beasley is now and forever will be the pick we should have used o  Gurley.

 

I'm a Tennessee fan btw so no UGA bias here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Monoxide said:

I find this to be completely baseless. Vic has shown plenty of heart dating back to Clemson. “Heart” in a figurative sense isn’t measurable like combine numbers. 

Gotta disagree Mono I lived near Clemson and watched him play. His game today is Exactly as it was in college. His success was solely dependent on the competition across the line and still is today. 

He has not taken his skill set to the next level and the one year imo was an outlier due to he got lucky who he lined up against. 

In college he would dominate a weak OLine and disappear against a strong OLine and nothing has changed. 

Everyone Mono and I mean everyone I knew who is a diehard Clemson fan all said the same thing Vic will not do well In the NFL unless he can be coached up to the next level and unfortunately this just hasn’t happened. For the record I’m a big fan of his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

I dont have to read your entire post to remember him getting 4 sacks against a backup left tack in denver in '16. I really hope he can show back up but it's been two entire years since he led the NFL in sacks.

I will have never been more happy to eat several servings or crow then I will be if he "returns to form" but Beasley is now and forever will be the pick we should have used o  Gurley.

 

I'm a Tennessee fan btw so no UGA bias here.

A back up that is now our starting Right tackle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Gotta disagree Mono I lived near Clemson and watched him play. His game today is Exactly as it was in college. His success was solely dependent on the competition across the line and still is today. 

He has not taken his skill set to the next level and the one year imo was an outlier due to he got lucky who he lined up against. 

In college he would dominate a weak OLine and disappear against a strong OLine and nothing has changed. 

Everyone Mono and I mean everyone I knew who is a diehard Clemson fan all said the same thing Vic will not do well In the NFL unless he can be coached up to the next level and unfortunately this just hasn’t happened. For the record I’m a big fan of his.

I dont need to read anything else in this thread....

:tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Meh. This is extremely easy to say after learning he will be used differently this season. End of the day he still has to produce. 

Also, it shows how much you haven’t been around. **** near 95% of us who have bashed him have said numerous times that we hope he proves us wrong. Not everyone chooses to play the homer roll and think every single thing is peachy clean when it isn’t 

Trust me, I’ve been around plenty (even when not posting full-time). From my perspective, the 95% number is way off. Vic has become the new player who many love to hate. I don’t know many other Falcon players who do a fundraiser for kids and it turns into a TATF thread on how they should be working on spin moves instead. It’s a hatred similar to what Kroy got for many years around here. The difference being, at least Kroy had some unlikeable traits to go along with it.

I think Vic finishes with double-digit sacks. Most on here would probably disagree with that. And I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Gotta disagree Mono I lived near Clemson and watched him play. His game today is Exactly as it was in college. His success was solely dependent on the competition across the line and still is today. 

He has not taken his skill set to the next level and the one year imo was an outlier due to he got lucky who he lined up against. 

In college he would dominate a weak OLine and disappear against a strong OLine and nothing has changed. 

Everyone Mono and I mean everyone I knew who is a diehard Clemson fan all said the same thing Vic will not do well In the NFL unless he can be coached up to the next level and unfortunately this just hasn’t happened. For the record I’m a big fan of his.

I appreciate the respectful reply! I’ve also talked to Clemson fans from both his time as a Tiger and now as a Falcon. I know the complaint about dominating against weak lineman was common, but I don’t remember him completely shutting down against legitimate offenses. I remember watching his highlight footage in 2015 and wondering how in the world he was ranked lower than Dante Fowler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monoxide said:

Trust me, I’ve been around plenty (even when not posting full-time). From my perspective, the 95% number is way off. Vic has become the new player who many love to hate. I don’t know many other Falcon players who do a fundraiser for kids and it turns into a TATF thread on how they should be working on spin moves instead. It’s a hatred similar to what Kroy got for many years around here. The difference being, at least Kroy had some unlikeable traits to go along with it.

I think Vic finishes with double-digit sacks. Most on here would probably disagree with that. And I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Your perspective is pretty blind then if you haven’t seen most of those same guys sit back and say we’re pulling for him to prove us wrong. If he finishes with double digits, kudos. If he doesn’t, it is what it is. Like I said, it’s much easier to say something so bold after learning he’s actually going to be utilized properly.  At the end of the day, everyone doesn’t play the homer roll like you and the others who are sticking their chests out saying he’s going to do this or that. We’d rather sit back and wait and allow him to prove us wrong, just as we’ve said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I hope Vic has a big year, he is probably only guy on this team who can realistically hit 10+ sacks in 2019. 

I think Takk or Grady could. Jarrett had 6 in a partial 2018 season, playing hurt in some games even..and he seems to get better every season.

if the offense gets back to putting up big numbers and playing w a lead it will only help their chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...