OrthoPTSD

Kaleb pick a bad one?

159 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

No one is ignoring that, that is what we are saying, we are going to go trial and error with a guy we drafted in the 1st rd and had to sacrifice other picks to move up to get him. That is stupid, you just don't do that. If you are going to pick a guy in the 1st rd and had to trade up to get him you better **** make sure they don't have any health problems. 

What if this happens during a game? Freak injuries are one thing but when you know ahead of time a guy has a heart condition and still use multiple picks to move up into the 1st rd to get him that is a problem and a complete waste of draft capital.

I don't want any of our 1st rd picks to be on a trial and error situation with his heart. This is not that difficult a concept to grasp.

Technically, isn’t every draft pick a trial and error? 

The problem with your position is that he was “valued” by the league as a late first, early second meaning we picked him exactly where he should have been. 

Also, what happens if this is the last procedure and he is a pro bowler at RT?

Yeah, we don’t know either way.

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I understand your disdain with the fact they used a 1st but whose to say he needs another one?  This could have been the one that significantly treats the afib!  

If this is his third time going through this procedure chances are he's going to need another one at some point. He couldn't even make it to the first pre season game.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

Especially with the Ablation issue already? The "Falcon filter" screw that "The Medical Filter" did not stop this pick?  And trade up?

Got to say the multiple ablation issue was news to me. (As well as should be but we hear about medical flags all time)

But.. we traded up for him?  Sorry but this was a miss on FO for a first rounder. His narrative is not over but is definitely it now.

Talk me off the edge please

Go ahead and jump.

Kaleb will end up being our best pick in this last draft.

Ergo Proxy and jazzyburrell like this

We really just have to wait and see him on the field to know. With the third procedure now potentially taking him out anywhere from 4-8 weeks, the trade up seems even more unnecessary. I do like him as a person, he is cool as ****...just hope he can stay healthy

Stryka likes this

8 hours ago, MAD597 said:

If this is his third time going through this procedure chances are he's going to need another one at some point. He couldn't even make it to the first pre season game.

However like I said whose to say that this one didn’t solve the arrhythmia issue.  We have to wait and see and wish the best for the kid.  

jazzyburrell and RING OF HONOR like this

Just from this perspective...   a son had the ablation procedure done a little over a year ago just before his 26th Bday. Previously undetected condition and this on someone that is a physical/athletic freak that trains every day at levels that would exhaust many well conditioned athletes. Once he was cleared to resume activity levels he was right back at it; said he noticed he tired less slowly now... in the past he just "powered through it" but now able to go longer with less fatigue/effort.

12 hours ago, MAD597 said:

One, you don't know that. Many people require multiple procedures to get it fixed. This may be the one.

Two, even if you're correct,  "at some point" could be a decade from now, his last procedure before this was 2 years ago

Three, No one besides 3-4 posters on this board are worried about this.

Four, good bet he's back before the end of training camp.

Ergo Proxy and Stryka like this

16 hours ago, jazzyburrell said:

Seriously either Afib or SVT are the only indications for Cardiac Ablation... wait I get it the Falcon nor Internet Doctor told you that. There are some quiet people googling what I am saying and realizing that this nonchalant stance on this “minor” procedure doesn’t add up... you will too, I hope the young man is alright!

My son has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and had Cardiac Ablation to close off the extra path.

Ergo Proxy likes this

42 minutes ago, Tandy said:

My son has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and had Cardiac Ablation to close off the extra path.

God bless him, he is one of less than 20K, people in the US with this rare disease. The substance of my statement is still the same. 99.9% of Cardiac Ablations are for Afib/SVT. How is your son? Cardiac Ablation is very effective in treating WPW!

Just now, jazzyburrell said:

God bless him, he is one of less than 20K, people in the US with this rare disease. The substance of my statement is still the same. 99.9% of Cardiac Ablations are for Afib/SVT. How is your son? Cardiac Ablation is very effective in treating WPW!

He's fine.  He had the procedure done at Shands years ago - and he's not had a problem since.   He still sees a heart doctor - but no problems.

Ergo Proxy likes this

7 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Why are you the only medical professional saying it's life threatening?  Why should I believe you over the two Drs quoted below?

Note that Doshi is not connected to an NFL team.

"First of all, he’s got this heart problem that is not life threatening,” said Shephal Doshi, a cardiac electrophysiologist and director of cardiac electrophysiology and pacing at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, Ca. “It’s something that can be fixed and sometimes it takes a couple of times to fix it."

"David Chao, a former team doctor with the San Diego Chargers, is not overly concerned about McGary’s condition.

“This certainly sounds scary, but he was cleared by doctors at the combine,” Chao wrote in his preseason newsletter. “The good news is he should be back well before the start of the regular season....“During my NFL medical career, we had players with these procedures in season and the public never even knew about it. McGary should be fine for football in very short order.”

“This won’t affect his ability to play football long term,” Doshi said. "

Ergo Proxy likes this

I just want you look of AFIB for yourself. Many diseases are non life threatening when treated and non life threatening when treated.

The actual question is this treatment compatible with playing professional sports? 

Also: As a Falcons fan, much like you guys, I want and need this treatment to work! 

But, I won’t pretend like this is a stubbed toe or a cough. We need to keep our fingers cross that this works and I didn’t want people having some of the B.S. return to work the next day expectations I have seen in the group. 

21 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

I just want you look of AFIB for yourself. Many diseases are non life threatening when treated and non life threatening when treated.

The actual question is this treatment compatible with playing professional sports? 

Also: As a Falcons fan, much like you guys, I want and need this treatment to work! 

But, I won’t pretend like this is a stubbed toe or a cough. We need to keep our fingers cross that this works and I didn’t want people having some of the B.S. return to work the next day expectations I have seen in the group. 

Doesn't answer my question. You are literally the only person claiming to be a medical professional that says this is life threatening.

Why should I believe you over Chao, an NFL team physician for 17 years or Doshi, who runs the department that does the procedure for a hospital?

32 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Doesn't answer my question. You are literally the only person claiming to be a medical professional that says this is life threatening.

Why should I believe you over Chao, an NFL team physician for 17 years or Doshi, who runs the department that does the procedure for a hospital?

1. You shouldn’t believe Team physicians on almost anything. See Trent Williams, see comments from Tampa Bay and Cleveland team physicians as their players got staph infection after staph infection. They clear Spinal Stenosis players all the time and force the decision on the players to retire. They prescribe pain meds at a dangerous and unsustainable level and prescribe them to Head Coaches as well (Sean Payton) with impunity!

2. Doshi was not talking about the condition you dolt. You keep referring to the procedure, I keep telling your dumb as* to look up why a person would have a Cardiac Ablation and telling you to do your own research, but like all sheep... you refuse to veer off the path. You wanna keep @ing me, and I keep giving you facts on facts and you keep giving me quotes from an article!!!

1. You shouldn’t believe Team physicians on almost anything. See Trent Williams, see comments from Tampa Bay and Cleveland team physicians as their players got staph infection after staph infection. They clear Spinal Stenosis players all the time and force the decision on the players to retire. They prescribe pain meds at a dangerous and unsustainable level and prescribe them to Head Coaches as well (Sean Payton) with impunity!

2. Doshi was not talking about the condition you dolt. You keep referring to the procedure, I keep telling your dumb as* to look up why a person would have a Cardiac Ablation and telling you to do your own research, but like all sheep... you refuse to veer off the path. You wanna keep @ing me, and I keep giving you facts on facts and you keep giving me quotes from an article!!!

1. "First of all, he’s got this heart problem that is not life threatening,” said Shephal Doshi, a cardiac electrophysiologist and director of cardiac electrophysiology and pacing at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, Ca.

That's a director of the department of a hospital that does the procedure, not a team Dr. So, point one doesn't apply.

2. and he is saying his heart problem is not life threatening. So, point two doesn't apply.

You haven't presented any facts, you have made a claim this is a life threatening condition, but haven't backed it up at all.  

Quoted you two Drs who state it isn't life threatening.

There about 10 posters on TATF that are medical professionals that have weighed in , everyone but you has stated this is not life threatening.

There's another dozen of so folks who have had the procedure or had a family member have it. None of them have called it life threatening.

Going through a Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome google search, none of the articles say it's life threatening.

So, what do you know that so many other people in the medical profession don't?

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

47 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Going through a Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome google search, none of the articles say it's life threatening.

So, what do you know that so many other people in the medical profession don't?

McGary doesn’t have WPW, if he did he would have NEVER been cleared for football. You are searching the wrong thing, search: Atrial Fibrillation. You will learn today! We can do this all day, I have taught dumber and more hard headed students than you. Unfortunately I can’t put you in push up position to increase the speed at which your cognitive dissonance dissipates... so I will continue to bash your ego with facts!

2 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

McGary doesn’t have WPW, if he did he would have NEVER been cleared for football. You are searching the wrong thing, search: Atrial Fibrillation. You will learn today! We can do this all day, I have taught dumber and more hard headed students than you. Unfortunately I can’t put you in push up position to increase the speed at which your cognitive dissonance dissipates... so I will continue to bash your ego with facts!

My ego is secure, nothing you could possibly do will change that. And you haven't presented any facts, just unsubstantiated opinions.

So, again, why is everybody else wrong and you are the only one correct? You're the one making the claim, you back it up.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

My ego is secure, nothing you could possibly do will change that. And you haven't presented any facts, just unsubstantiated opinions.

So, again, why is everybody else wrong and you are the only one correct? You're the one making the claim, you back it up.

I made no claim other than that the condition that leads to a Cardiac Ablation is not nearly as benign as is being portrayed. That’s it, that’s all. That is a fact. The Falcons media is doing what is supposed to do: Sedate the Sheeple and now you are here arguing that a comments from a Doctor from another team and other comments not directed at what it would take to return to work as an NFL player prove that it is no big deal. I hope it is no big deal, we need it to be no big deal... but if he misses the rest of preseason it is already a kinda big deal because every game that Sambrailo starts is less than optimal for the Franchise!

I made no claim other than that the condition that leads to a Cardiac Ablation is not nearly as benign as is being portrayed. That’s it, that’s all.

No, you said it was life threatening, which no one else has said.

So, why it no one else saying that? Why is everybody else wrong and you are right? 

14 minutes ago, falconidae said:

No, you said it was life threatening, which no one else has said.

So, why it no one else saying that? Why is everybody else wrong and you are right? 

I said AFib was life threatening: 5 times higher risk of stroke. No one else has commented on Atrial Fibrillation... it’s the secret Pink Elephant in the room. Everyone is focused on the Cardiac Ablation, which in itself is not risky, no one else (especially you) has said a word about AFib, in fact you keep deflecting and avoiding talking about it. You even tried to assert that he might have WPW, which is a pediatric onset condition which would have precluded him ever playing contact sports. So now we are back to AFib and you don’t want to research nor talk about it... care to explain?

3 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

I said AFib was life threatening: 5 times higher risk of stroke. No one else has commented on Atrial Fibrillation... it’s the secret Pink Elephant in the room. Everyone is focused on the Cardiac Ablation, which in itself is not risky, no one else (especially you) has said a word about AFib, in fact you keep deflecting and avoiding talking about it. You even tried to assert that he might have WPW, which is a pediatric onset condition which would have precluded him ever playing contact sports. So now we are back to AFib and you don’t want to research nor talk about it... care to explain?

You've explained all that, I understood it. What you haven't explained is why no one else is worried about it.

Why are you the single medical professional claiming it's life threatening?

Just now, falconidae said:

You've explained all that, I understood it. What you haven't explained is why no one else is worried about it.

Why are you the single medical professional claiming it's life threatening?

Research and then come back and tell me you still think a guy on his 3rd (that we know of) Cardiac Ablation will be “just fine” and there is “nothing to worry about” I’m the only one who is not buying this B.S. look at the lines today, they have already changed from “it’s just a little procedure” to “the timetable will be determined after his checkup” just a couple or days ago you had dummies talking about him being back this week...

Research and then come back and tell me you still think a guy on his 3rd (that we know of) Cardiac Ablation will be “just fine” and there is “nothing to worry about” I’m the only one who is not buying this B.S. look at the lines today, they have already changed from “it’s just a little procedure” to “the timetable will be determined after his checkup” just a couple or days ago you had dummies talking about him being back this week...

I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim here, you are. Burden of proof is on you. 

No one else is calling this life threatening, why are you? 

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this