OrthoPTSD

Kaleb pick a bad one?

159 posts in this topic

Just now, jazzyburrell said:

Also, it’s 2019 and we are still listening to Team Doctors??? After Kawhi, Trent Williams, Delvin Breaux, Kevin Durant, etc.

https://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1040&context=sportslaw

Wake TF up guys!!!

Wasn't team doctors. Dude please tell me where you are a "medical professional" so I can avoid that place. You don't read anything. 

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

As a "medical professional" I hope I never have you treat me. Where do you work so I can avoid it? 

If you can't be bothered to read about a player before posting I'd never trust you with my health.

Read about a guy who has already had 2 Cardiac Ablations and now has had a third before taking a single meaningful snap? Take out your anger on me... but it’s Atrial Fibrillation you are really mad at. It’s ambiguous and hard to understand, but, hey, the Falcons Doctors said it was no big deal so he will be back starting next week right???

Spts1 likes this

3 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Read about a guy who has already had 2 Cardiac Ablations and now has had a third before taking a single meaningful snap? Take out your anger on me... but it’s Atrial Fibrillation you are really mad at. It’s ambiguous and hard to understand, but, hey, the Falcons Doctors said it was no big deal so he will be back starting next week right???

Wasn't falcon doctors and wasn't a week lol

17 minutes ago, falconidae said:

He doesn't have afib.

Seriously either Afib or SVT are the only indications for Cardiac Ablation... wait I get it the Falcon nor Internet Doctor told you that. There are some quiet people googling what I am saying and realizing that this nonchalant stance on this “minor” procedure doesn’t add up... you will too, I hope the young man is alright!

20 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Wait... Now you know that’s against the rules here! 

It will be the third time he's had the same procedure.  It obviously did not work as a permanent fix the previous two times he had it.

13 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Health is more important than football.  I don't know what he has a degree in but thats the route he should be going.  The game is too violent and stressful to be out there.  Football is NOT THAT important...

21 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Also, it’s 2019 and we are still listening to Team Doctors??? After Kawhi, Trent Williams, Delvin Breaux, Kevin Durant, etc.

https://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1040&context=sportslaw

Wake TF up guys!!!

Why are you the only medical professional saying it's life threatening? Note that Doshi is not connected to an NFL team.

"First of all, he’s got this heart problem that is not life threatening,” said Shephal Doshi, a cardiac electrophysiologist and director of cardiac electrophysiology and pacing at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, Ca. “It’s something that can be fixed and sometimes it takes a couple of times to fix it."

"David Chao, a former team doctor with the San Diego Chargers, is not overly concerned about McGary’s condition.

“This certainly sounds scary, but he was cleared by doctors at the combine,” Chao wrote in his preseason newsletter. “The good news is he should be back well before the start of the regular season....“During my NFL medical career, we had players with these procedures in season and the public never even knew about it. McGary should be fine for football in very short order.”

“This won’t affect his ability to play football long term,” Doshi said. "

12 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

It will be the third time he's had the same procedure.  It obviously did not work as a permanent fix the previous two times he had it.

I am not a doctor, but I do know sometimes it takes more than one attempt to get something right.

Ovie_Lover likes this

15 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

"First of all, he’s got this heart problem that is not life threatening,” said Shephal Doshi, a cardiac electrophysiologist and director of cardiac electrophysiology and pacing at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, Ca. “It’s something that can be fixed and sometimes it takes a couple of times to fix it."

"

David Chao, a former team doctor with the San Diego Chargers, is not overly concerned about McGary’s condition.

“This certainly sounds scary, but he was cleared by doctors at the combine,” Chao wrote in his preseason newsletter. “The good news is he should be back well before the start of the regular season....

The fact that this is his (third) is not alarming as it is always better to do to little vs. too much. This sounds like a bigger deal than it will be....

The reason he’s having a third procedure is that sometimes its hard to find that right spot,” Doshi said. “That doesn’t mean that he’s not curable....'

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I am not a doctor, but I do know sometimes it takes more than one attempt to get something right.

The doctors have said its trial and error, you try to fix it and see if you did. If it comes up again you didnt and you try again. But he wants to ignore that.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The doctors have said its trial and error, you try to fix it and see if you did. If it comes up again you didnt and you try again. But he wants to ignore that.

Just like he keeps saying "passed out" and "collapsed" when no one said that. Original tweet from the falcons beat writer just said was that Kaleb was ill.

Ovie_Lover likes this

10 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Thats great and all but we didn't have to trade back up in the first round to get a guy that has a known heart condition.

4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Thats great and all but we didn't have to trade back up in the first round to get a guy that has a known heart condition.

No, we did not have to. You are correct! :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Exactly, this maybe the last time or there maybe another attempt, only the doctors now, which none of us are. 

I am taking their word for it, as an organization they have not d!cked us around when it came to injuries so I will give them the benefit of the doubt 

Ovie_Lover likes this

15 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

David Chao, a former team doctor with the San Diego Chargers,[17 years]

The fact that this is his (third) is not alarming as it is always better to do to little vs. too much. This sounds like a bigger deal than it will be.

“During my NFL medical career, we had players with these procedures in season and the public never even knew about it. McGary should be fine for football in very short order.”

McGary is expected to make a full recovery.  

This won’t affect his ability to play football long term,” Doshi said."

Bonus coverage:

“During my NFL medical career, we had players with these procedures in season and the public never even knew about it.

58 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

So, why are you the only medical professional that thinks McGary's condition is life threatening? Why should I believe you when no one else is saying this?

Why could have easily stayed in the 2nd rd and got an OL who did not have a cronic heart condition.

15 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Exactly, this maybe the last time or there maybe another attempt, only the doctors now, which none of us are. 

I am taking their word for it, as an organization they have not d!cked us around when it came to injuries so I will give them the benefit of the doubt 

No one is ignoring that, that is what we are saying, we are going to go trial and error with a guy we drafted in the 1st rd and had to sacrifice other picks to move up to get him. That is stupid, you just don't do that. If you are going to pick a guy in the 1st rd and had to trade up to get him you better **** make sure they don't have any health problems. 

What if this happens during a game? Freak injuries are one thing but when you know ahead of time a guy has a heart condition and still use multiple picks to move up into the 1st rd to get him that is a problem and a complete waste of draft capital.

I don't want any of our 1st rd picks to be on a trial and error situation with his heart. This is not that difficult a concept to grasp.

I’m a medical professional and I have been one in the military and currently as a civilian and this kid is not in any danger.  I’m sure he’s being advised properly.  

Although cardiac ablation can be successful, some people need repeat procedures. You may also need to take medications, even after you've had ablation.

To keep your heart healthy, you may need to make lifestyle changes that improve the overall health of your heart, especially to prevent or treat conditions that can cause or worsen arrhythmias, such as high blood pressure.  So increasing physical activity, eating hearth healthy meals, and maintaining weight is greatly beneficial.  Falcons were prepared or they wouldn’t have drafted the kid.  He’s going to be fine.

Godzilla1985 likes this

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

I’m a medical professional and I have been one in the military and currently as a civilian and this kid is not in any danger.  I’m sure he’s being advised properly.  

Although cardiac ablation can be successful, some people need repeat procedures. You may also need to take medications, even after you've had ablation.

To keep your heart healthy, you may need to make lifestyle changes that improve the overall health of your heart, especially to prevent or treat conditions that can cause or worsen arrhythmias, such as high blood pressure.  So increasing physical activity, eating hearth healthy meals, and maintaining weight is greatly beneficial.  Falcons were prepared or they wouldn’t have drafted the kid.  He’s going to be fine.

He's going to be out 8-12 weeks every time this happens again and he can't be on blood thinners while playing football which means it is more likely to happen again.

You don't spend a 1st rd pick on a guy like that and you don't trade up in the 1st rd to get a guy like that, a 5th rd pick fine its worth taking a chance on but not a 1st rounder.

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

He's going to be out 8-12 weeks every time this happens again and he can't be on blood thinners while playing football which means it is more likely to happen again.

You don't spend a 1st rd pick on a guy like that and you don't trade up in the 1st rd to get a guy like that, a 5th rd pick fine its worth taking a chance on but not a 1st rounder.

I understand your disdain with the fact they used a 1st but whose to say he needs another one?  This could have been the one that significantly treats the afib!  

53 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Why could have easily stayed in the 2nd rd and got an OL who did not have a cronic heart condition.

Because they thought he was so  much better than all the other prospects, even with his medical condition.

This almost undoubtedly a blip on the timeline of Kaleb's career. He could be back in 2 weeks or a month. They didn't even keep him overnight in the hospital. Really good bet that he's starting at some point this year.

Ovie_Lover likes this

52 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

None of that is true.  He was out 6 weeks in college, he could easily be back in a month. And, it's been 2 years since his last episode, this ablation could fix the problem permanently, or it could be 2-5-10 years before he has another one

JDaveG likes this

On 8/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

Especially with the Ablation issue already? The "Falcon filter" screw that "The Medical Filter" did not stop this pick?  And trade up?

Got to say the multiple ablation issue was news to me. (As well as should be but we hear about medical flags all time)

But.. we traded up for him?  Sorry but this was a miss on FO for a first rounder. His narrative is not over but is definitely it now.

Talk me off the edge please

Debbie Downer agrees with you....

On 8/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, MAD597 said:

I've said the same thing, he had this procedure twice already and then passed out at camp and people think the third time is going to cure it?

A NFL schedule is just going to further push his heart more than before. His long term NFL endurance  does not look very promising.

AND we traded picks to get him in the first. WTF was TD thinking?

If that doesn’t talk you off the ledge, nothing will. 

blkbigdog35 likes this