OrthoPTSD

Kaleb pick a bad one?

159 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Just to clear this up: this isn't his third time having this surgery.  It's his FOURTH!

As it has happened before, McGary’s heart started racing due to atrial fibrillation, a condition in which the heart essentially short circuits and begins to beat irregularly. A day after the episode, the Falcons said McGary would undergo a third cardiac ablation procedure.

And besides:

Doshi said that while atrial fibrillation might seem serious, it is by no means life-threatening. The number of cardiac ablations a patient undergoes isn’t a concern, either. Sometimes, a doctor might think he or she fixed the faulty heart tissue, only for an irregular heartbeat to occur again. It’s simply a matter of going through another ablation to fix the problem.

“He can have it three times, four times, five times,” Doshi said. “You just have to find the right spot. With this procedure, you don’t know if it works until he has an episode.”

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

I've said the same thing, he had this procedure twice already and then passed out at camp and people think the third time is going to cure it?

A NFL schedule is just going to further push his heart more than before. His long term NFL endurance  does not look very promising.

AND we traded picks to get him in the first. WTF was TD thinking?

He did not pass out. 

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Good to know, in case he needs one of these surgeries during halftime.

Not a surgery and it can be fixed. Previous procedure didn't completely resolve the problem and it resurfaced 2 years after.

This isn't something that is gonna flare up every couple of weeks because it hasn't.

Ovie_Lover likes this

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

There are differing reports out there. Most say this is the 3rd one.

Quinn even said so

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Is there a limit to how many of these surgeries he can have in a day, in case he needs one in every quarter?

xzlu1.jpg

Remind me to never ask you for an informed opinion. :tiphat:

Falconsfan567 and Ovie_Lover like this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Do people really take the time to read ALL of the facts before replying?:munch:

Better question is, do they take time to read ANY of the facts before replying?

Ergo Proxy and Ovie_Lover like this

Just now, falconidae said:

Better question is, do they take time to read ANY of the facts before replying?

:oI mean...wow. You went for the kill shot I was just trying to be cordial about it.:yikes:

falconidae likes this

12 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The OP brings up a valid question.  Any time your guy passes out on the field surrounding a heart related issue, its unnerving.  

But you have to think that the FO did their homework and are getting solid intel from medical professionals.  

Except the OP is saying the Falcons didn't because he didn't know about it before the draft so that means the Falcons couldn't have known about it.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

:oI mean...wow. You went for the kill shot I was just trying to be cordial about it.:yikes:

I was willing to give the OP the benefit of a doubt, but , it's really obvious that he hasn't read anything about this and doesn't seem to be interested in actually having  dialogue about it. About to drop out of the thread.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Except the OP is saying the Falcons didn't because he didn't know about it before the draft so that means the Falcons couldn't have known about it.

took me a while to grasp that, but yes...hahah.  he definitely knows more than the FO, for sure!

Hopefully this is his last time needing the procedure. It'd be a shame if he wins the starting job next season on the road to the playoffs then boom another ablation before the divisional. 

13 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

This kid is going to be alright.  It was a good pick!!

I am glad neither him nor the team is rushing to put him on the field. 

Get well Kaleb, you have a long career ahead of you.

blkbigdog35 and Ovie_Lover like this

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I was willing to give the OP the benefit of a doubt, but , it's really obvious that he hasn't read anything about this and doesn't seem to be interested in actually having  dialogue about it. About to drop out of the thread.

Troll, man.

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Especially with the Ablation issue already? The "Falcon filter" screw that "The Medical Filter" did not stop this pick?  And trade up?

Got to say the multiple ablation issue was news to me. (As well as should be but we hear about medical flags all time)

But.. we traded up for him?  Sorry but this was a miss on FO for a first rounder. His narrative is not over but is definitely it now.

Talk me off the edge please

Way too early to tell, but you have to wonder. I liked Dimi double dipping on OL, but still think Jawaan Taylor and Cody Ford might have been a better move. Let's evaluate the move after the 2021 season. You better get ready for a bunch of shiny happy TATF blowhards to come after you and try to make you shiny and happy. Six to eight weeks out, with a return on blood thinners aint good for a second round projection who was having a hard time beating out Sombrero. We might have been Troffed again. Don't be surprised if we were. Buddy aint no OL guru. Trust me.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I am glad neither him nor the team is rushing to put him on the field. 

Get well Kaleb, you have a long career ahead of you.

At this point just want to see the kid get healthy!!

falcons007 likes this