OrthoPTSD

Kaleb pick a bad one?

159 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Did the original poster even look up what the procedure is? Its a pretty simplistic event.. Absolutely nothing to worry about 

Wait... Now you know that’s against the rules here! 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I am not sure if this generation is dumb or it’s more visible because internet brings out every one.

It's both.

Actually, now that I think about it...socially awkward is the definition you are looking for.

4 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Just saying not optimal for draft capital? With the knowing was issue? Here we are.

Are you saying he was a home run with this issue? 

I'm saying that you're being ridiculous!! Guy hasn't played 1 single NFL game yet and all of a sudden he's a bust because he had to have this minor heart procedure done again and will miss a few weeks? What if he had broken his ankle? Would you feel any better about it? I really don't understand why you're acting like he's never going to play again because he had this done.

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm saying that you're being ridiculous!! Guy hasn't played 1 single NFL game yet and all of a sudden he's a bust because he had to have this minor heart procedure done again and will miss a few weeks? What if he had broken his ankle? Would you feel any better about it? I really don't understand why you're acting like he's never going to play again because he had this done.

Whoa, not me pal, no bust here. Was hoping to start a convo

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's both.

Actually, now that I think about it...socially awkward is the definition you are looking for.

I know some really creative and smart socially awkward folks. I guess common sense is not so common. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Posted (edited)

Am I missing something?

I get that some folks want to positive and hope for the best, but it is FAR from a sure thing that he will be problem free after the 3rd instance of the procedure. Not to mention he has to get back to his college level shape after 6-8 weeks off, which he wasnt even at before the surgery based on him having health concerns in camp. Then he'll have to get in NFL caliber shape which is a step or two up from where he was. Then he'll have to learn the scheme and beat out the incumbent starter.

1st round picks are usually supposed to provide instant impact. 

So on top of him not doing that he's got future health concerns? I get some folks want to pretend they KNOW he'll be fine, but if he was fine he wouldn't be having surgery. Obviously his symptoms were serious enough to warrant a procedure and a 2 month recovery period for the 3rd time.

I want to be optimistic, but this is not encouraging 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
MAD597 likes this

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Am I missing something?

I get that some folks want to positive and hope for the best, but it is FAR from a sure thing that he will be problem free after the 3rd instance of the procedure. Not to mention he has to get back to his college level shape after 6-8 weeks off, which he wasnt even at before the surgery based on him having health concerns in camp. Then he'll have to get in NFL caliber shape which is a step or two up from where he was. Then he'll have to learn the scheme and beat out the incumbent starter.

So on top of him not doing that he's got future health concerns? I get some folks want to pretend they KNOW he'll be fine, but if he was fine he wouldn't be having surgery. Obviously his symptoms were serious enough to warrant a procedure and a 2 month recovery period for the 3rd time.

You clearly haven't read anything about what happened. Not surprised.

To the OP. Read this thread:

While it might have seemed like a scary episode, it doesn’t appear the Falcons’ organization is too concerned about the long-term well-being of McGary, whom they traded up to draft.

Quinn was asked if it was a scenario he knew could possibly occur, simply based on McGary’s medical history. Quinn said the Falcons researched McGary’s background, which included medical clearance at the NFL scouting combine. Prior to drafting McGary, there wasn’t any worry from the team.

“That’s the stuff that you trust,” Quinn said. “He went through numbers of tests, not just at the combine. When you have those reports, you tend to trust the way they’re going. It’s unfortunate, but the good news is he’s going to come back. That’s the thing that’s most important. When that is, it’ll be as soon as he can, I know that.”

While McGary will miss immediate time, there is no concern for his future. At the same time, the ablation doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t have another episode related to his atrial fibrillation. If it occurs again, he’ll have the same procedure done, with the same recovery, before being cleared to return to football.

McGary will be a big part of Atlanta’s plans moving forward. Before practice Tuesday, Quinn mentioned that McGary was beginning to push Ty Sambrailo at right tackle. While there was never a guarantee McGary would open the year as the Falcons’ starting right tackle, he was drafted in the first round to be a key lineman in the foreseeable future.

Tim Mazetti and Falconsfan567 like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

You clearly haven't read anything about what happened. Not surprised.

But I have. 

Even the doctors can't pinpoint the exact cause of the issue hence them trying a 3rd time. Fact is, there are a lot of variables that nobody knows. Not Kaleb, not the doctors and certainly not anyone on this board.

At some point we have to stop pretending like we know what will happen. The only thing we know for sure is that Kaleb is probably not going to start this year and if he does it won't be anytime soon. 

A 1st rounder for a guy that can't come in and even compete for a starting job is not the best use of the pick 

4 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

But I have. 

Even the doctors can't pinpoint the exact cause of the issue hence them trying a 3rd time. Fact is, there are a lot of variables that nobody knows. Not Kaleb, not the doctors and certainly not anyone on this board.

At some point we have to stop pretending like we know what will happen. The only thing we know for sure is that Kaleb is probably not going to start this year and if he does it won't be anytime soon. 

A 1st rounder for a guy that can't come in and even compete for a starting job is not the best use of the pick 

Go back and read dude.

6 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing a lot , actually.

One, it's not surgery, they aren't cutting him open. every medical professional who has chimed in has called it a minor procedure.

Two, it's really common for it to take 2-3 tries to get it fixed.

Three. It can be fixed, he may never need to have this done again in his career.

Four. Recovery time can be as little as a month.

Five. Multiple NFL players have had this done, you just never hear about it.

Six. I have links to Medical professionals  stating  each of the above  points. You can find them in the other thread.

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To the OP. Read this thread:

But it is a mere child. How could you? What gender.........Well, there is that.

9 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Am I missing something?

Yep, all I was saying. G

Was this a good pick? With the medical knowledge and trade up?

Thread worthy convo

MAD597 likes this

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Yeah, you're missing a lot , actually.

One, it's not surgery, they aren't cutting him open. every medical professional who has chimed in has called it a minor procedure.

Two, it's really common for it to take 2-3 tries to get it fixed.

Three. It can be fixed, he may never need to have this done again in his career.

Four. Recovery time can be as little as a month.

Five. Multiple NFL players have had this done, you just never hear about it.

Six. I have links to Medical professionals  stating  each of the above  points. You can find them in the other thread.

Yep.

The delay in being back on the field is...wait for it...being on blood thinners post-medical procedure because they did work around the heart.

Heart is fine. Some tissue is cauterized if they can pinpoint the spots the malfunction is coming from the most. Can be trial and error. Took him a couple years to develop any symptom worth pursuing since the last procedure. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Yep, all I was saying. G

Was this a good pick? With the medical knowledge and trade up?

Thread worthy convo

That would be fine if you were actually having a conversation about it. You're ignoring all the positive information about the situation you've been given in the thread.

2 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Just to clear this up: this isn't his third time having this surgery.  It's his FOURTH!

There are differing reports out there. Most say this is the 3rd one.

Schwarzwald and Ovie_Lover like this