Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlfalcons08

Falcons sign CB Hamp Cheevers out of Boston College

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Atlanta #Falcons are signing CB Hamp Cheevers, per sources. The Boston College alum is healthy and ready to compete for a roster spot.

PFF College

@PFF_College

Hamp Cheevers is a name you SHOULD know. He not only allowed the lowest passer rating among ACC CBs, but he also broke up 5 passes, snagged 7 interceptions, and allowed a mere 45.9% catch rate.

Cheevers was also the co-leader for interceptions in all of college football with 7.
Edited by Atlfalcons08

9 minutes ago, athell said:

You are one step ahead of me, that **** broke my brain lol

Champ Heevers sounds like a pro at throwing up so it wouldn't be much better of a name either

46 minutes ago, Atlfalcons08 said:

The Atlanta #Falcons are signing CB Hamp Cheevers, per sources. The Boston College alum is healthy and ready to compete for a roster spot.

PFF College

@PFF_College

Hamp Cheevers is a name you SHOULD know. He not only allowed the lowest passer rating among ACC CBs, but he also broke up 5 passes, snagged 7 interceptions, and allowed a mere 45.9% catch rate.

Cheevers was also the co-leader for interceptions in all of college football with 7.

Okay...I'm interested...name notwithstanding...

Dang, Hamp Cheevers...just...wow...

Ergo Proxy likes this

Interception leader.  Maybe he’s expected to actually catch those balls that repeatedly bounced off our DBs hands, including the game losing TD.

Hamp Cheevers hive sop dat.  

(That sentence has to be retyped 4 times with spell check going crazy)

papachaz likes this

36 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Has promise but, I don't see how a guys gets waived for injury in may and heals fast enough to be signed in August, did he have a hang-nail? Or does he have some attitude that the Titan's didn't think was worth the time...

You gon’ learn today. Ancient Japanese secret. 

Emmitt and The O.D.B like this

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I liked him pre draft. Thought he would be a good pick in rounds 5-6. Doesn’t have ideal Quinn length tho.

Neither does Kazee

papachaz likes this

11 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

They cut the bad long snapper from yesterday

Was he the one getting knocked on his butt on every punt??

52 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I liked him pre draft. Thought he would be a good pick in rounds 5-6. Doesn’t have ideal Quinn length tho.

Same here.  I cooled on him due to size and physicality but still thought he's be a good late round pickup.   Definitely a ball hawk 

1 hour ago, Statick said:

So, I'm guessing the guy who gave up the go ahead TD is as good as gone?

yeah causey  (I think was his name) was let go today.....I think it's posted in one of the 'what we learned last night' threads

1 hour ago, JC Falcon said:

Interception leader.  Maybe he’s expected to actually catch those balls that repeatedly bounced off our DBs hands, including the game losing TD.

Hamp Cheevers hive sop dat.  

(That sentence has to be retyped 4 times with spell check going crazy)

:lol:

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

He is ranked 26 out of 45 in my Athlon Sports 2019 Draft guide..Sheffield is ranked 12 and Jordan Miller is ranked 40.  So he is ranked dead in the middle of the two we drafted... Hmmmm? Maybe good thing.. Worth a try as a FA pick up.. Who knows,, maybe we'll find out.