Falcons, Please Bring In Another QB

egoprime II

Schaub stunk to high heaven.   Benkert, working with the same personnel (more/less) that Schaub did, looked good..... then got hurt.  Schaub came in again, and stunk some more.

With several weeks to go before the season, its time to get a new QB in here so they can get up to speed starting right now.  Heck if the team lets Schaub go, we might need -two- QBs.

So.... who is out there?  Suggestions?

7 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

There isn't anyone better than Schaub on the free agent list. Which isn't to say Schaub is high level. When roster cuts occur, maybe someone. But financial ramifications mean Schaub is with us all season.

How so? The dead money is pennies if they chose to cut him right now. 

8 minutes ago, dyrtysouth2000 said:

Great topic, OP!  I thought that I was the only one that thought Schaub looked.....uninspired.  He looked like he really didn't want to be there. He reminded me of Drew Bledsoe in his final years in Buffalo....Lol

Oh Schaub wants to 'be there'.  

He just doesn't want to 'play football'.  lol 

After last night's miserable, uninspired performance I have to believe Schaub isn't going to make the roster this year. He was a valuable back-up because of his knowledge of the system, but with the system undergoing a revamp and Benkert looking ready to assume the back-up role Schaub is just expensive baggage now.

I expect Quinn will be as ruthless cutting dead wood on the roster as he was in cutting it out of the coaching staff. The Turk comes for just about everybody sooner or later and it's Schaub's time to go.

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I've said it before and unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm right:  A backup qb 95% of the time doesn't make enough difference.  If Ryan goes (god forbid) season's over anyway. 

And don't give me 'Nick Foles'.  He was a starter on the bench, not a backup.  Big difference.  

Well not all Injuries to the qb are season ending, we need veteran backup that can manage the offense and not hurt the defense for a couple games. Not sure Schaub is that anymore, Brock may be that guy. 3rd string guy should be mobile with upside (Benkart) incase the starter goes down for the whole season. Season is pretty much over that being the case, see if you can get a spark from the young guy.

5 minutes ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Well not all Injuries to the qb are season ending, we need veteran backup that can manage the offense and not hurt the defense for a couple games. Not sure Schaub is that anymore, Brock may be that guy. 3rd string guy should be mobile with upside (Benkart) incase the starter goes down for the whole season. Season is pretty much over that being the case, see if you can get a spark from the young guy.

Well you're right in that case; I'm of course going with the worst-case scenario.  (Being a Falcon fan since 1973 will naturally lead one in that direction.)

17 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I've said it before and unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm right:  A backup qb 95% of the time doesn't make enough difference.  If Ryan goes (god forbid) season's over anyway. 

And don't give me 'Nick Foles'.  He was a starter on the bench, not a backup.  Big difference.  

15 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

After last night's miserable, uninspired performance I have to believe Schaub isn't going to make the roster this year. He was a valuable back-up because of his knowledge of the system, but with the system undergoing a revamp and Benkert looking ready to assume the back-up role Schaub is just expensive baggage now.

I expect Quinn will be as ruthless cutting dead wood on the roster as he was in cutting it out of the coaching staff. The Turk comes for just about everybody sooner or later and it's Schaub's time to go.

In camp you have to have three QBs throwing to all these receivers.  We've seen videos of Schaub throwing passes in camp, but couldn't some other QB be brought in to do that?  Either an experienced QB or a young QB with some upside?

Edited by egoprime II