WR depth looking promising

KRUNKuno

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gage is the guy i'm hoping steps up and takes over the #3 spot after Sanu is gone. Love his potential

I think Gage is a #4 WR at best, which isn't bad. I just don't think he should be anything more than a gadget player/deep shot play guy. Maybe by the end of the year, he shows me more. But if we get a #4 WR out of a 6th round pick, I wouldn't be mad at all. #3 WR would be a full on steal. 

8 minutes ago, vel said:

I think Gage is a #4 WR at best, which isn't bad. I just don't think he should be anything more than a gadget player/deep shot play guy. Maybe by the end of the year, he shows me more. But if we get a #4 WR out of a 6th round pick, I wouldn't be mad at all. #3 WR would be a full on steal. 

The only issue is that as long as everyone’s healthy, he’s going to get a very small dosage of looks. Best case he winds up the #3 wr but 4th option. I’ll take that. Keeps him cheap lol

Behind JJ, Ridley and Sanu, I'd rank it as follows:

• Hardy (he didn't play which says a lot)
  • Gage (solidifying an already solid roster spot to go along with ST lock)
  • Blake (caught all the catchable passes)
  • Zacchaeus (great effort on two two tough balls...did muff punt)
  • Green (muffed punt, so so performance otherwise, unfortunately hurt hamstring again)

Others

• CJ Worton (ugliest first game drop ever)
  • Khalil Lewis (nice shake and bakes)
  • Devin Grey (did he play?)
Edited by Monolith2001

8 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

• Green (muffed punt, so so performance otherwise, unfortunately hurt hamstring again)

Others

Coulda swore I saw Hardy out there. Wouldn't say he's our number 4 yet. Although through the years he's shown he has some reliable hands. 

22 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Coulda swore I saw Hardy out there. Wouldn't say he's our number 4 yet. Although through the years he's shown he has some reliable hands. 

You know what.  He did have that flipping upside-down 3rd down acrobatic no catch short of the 1st down but he did not play much that I saw.

48 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Others

Hardy played.  He had the 3rd down drop early in the game.

That Khalil Lewis looked the part as well.  Very shifty indeed.

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Others

Hardy played. Dropped a pass on his only attempt 

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Ill take his hands, but dude can't get open

Yeah he can’t really get open against man coverage, but he’s great at finding the open spot against zone, and I know he’ll catch it if Ryan gives him a good ball. Watching the drops in the game last night, especially CJ Worton, made me appreciate Hardy more lol.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Hard to gauge receivers with those two QBs. Schaub just took forever to get rid of the ball and Benkert for all the fun he was to watch had receivers putting their life in danger on some throws. It's a bad game to determine anything more like a scrimmage. 

Any receiver that can catch passes consistently from a 3rd string QB is alright with me.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Harry was that reliable 3rd down target as well. When your times up, ya gotta go if need be

Yeah I won’t be mad if Hardy doesn’t make it, I just trust him more than the other guys as a 4th/5th receiver because I’ve seen him do it before. I expect Gage and Hardy to make it as the 4th and 5th guys though, with one out of Blake/Zacchaeus/Green making it as the 6th guy. Likely whoever brings the most on special teams. 

2 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Yeah I won’t be mad if Hardy doesn’t make it, I just trust him more than the other guys as a 4th/5th receiver because I’ve seen him do it before. I expect Gage and Hardy to make it as the 4th and 5th guys though, with one out of Blake/Zacchaeus/Green making it as the 6th guy. Likely whoever brings the most on special teams. 

The other guys just have to get their shots the same way Hardy was given his shots. I think Gage will be the 4th guy with Hardy getting 10 plays designed for him for the year

I don’t really care either way, but something here no one has mentioned is that your 4th receiver usually is playing spec teams, which is Hardy,s biggest contribution....so young guns will have to show up in that dept to get roster looks(A strength of Gage coming out of college was spec teams)