Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

TD: Julio Should Be Highest Paid WR

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

exactly. according to those numbers, WR's are valued slightly more than Offensive lineman. i seriously want to read a logical reason as to why he shouldn't be in the position to be the highest paid. I don't wanna hear about "he has 3 years left" so freakin what. I haven't seen a legit argument yet supporting the whining

And the reason why they are valued so high is it’s a passing league and qb’s have to pass it to somebody. You’d think that would be logical to folks. 

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Honest answer: there isn’t.  If someone was willing to pay MT 19.99 million APY, that then becomes the  current market for top 5 WR’s.

I was annoyed when he tried to get a new deal 3 years early.  But I’m ok with it getting done now.

People complaining about paying that much to a WR are simply editorializing their preference rather than what actually is in today’s NFL

All of the top guys deserve to be paid their worth. Especially when you're considered top 3 in the league.  I salute them getting paid accordingly

10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And the reason why they are valued so high is it’s a passing league and qb’s have to pass it to somebody. You’d think that would be logical to folks. 

I've learned that most who do it often consider nonsensual spewing logic. don't work like that in the real world

32 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And why is that? Of no wr should get that money no qb, no DE, and no DT should be getting the amount they get. How tf can you put a cap on what a certain position can make. Dan Marino and elway was only making 5 million a year when they played and were tops at their position. So if you have that same energy no qb should be getting paid what they get paid. It’s the f*cking market. You wanna blame somebody blame the league for FA. 

Would julio be the same without Ryan ?? If Schaub was starting. Would Julio have the same stats ?? Wr's rarely are the most important player on the team 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Would julio be the same without Ryan ?? If Schaub was starting. Would Julio have the same stats ?? Wr's rarely are the most important player on the team 

I’ve thought about this quite often.  Julio would be the same player with any top 20 QB....same holds true for Ryan

Where you’d see a true rise in Julio’s Numbers is if he played with a gunslinger who happens to make too many poor decisions to be a quality NFL starter.  AKA: Fitzpatrick.  He would force feed Julio.  I bet Julio would have had 2,200 yards in Tampa last year

44 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But why shouldn't he be the highest paid wide receiver? I haven't seen a single person against it give a solid reason as to why he shouldn't

Ok because you're one of my favorite posters on here. I wanna ask you something. Do you think paying him that amount of money will affect us in the future ?? 

47 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Calling that “truth” is subjective to quite a stretch in interpretation. 

I agree that he deserves a raise but let's say this contract is front loaded again. Does that mean he will want a new contract again in 2 years ?? 

Just now, caponine said:

I agree that he deserves a raise but let's say this contract is front loaded again. Does that mean he will want a new contract in 2 years ?? 

This one has zero chance of being frontloaded. There isn’t any room.  

We will also have a 2022 opt out built into the contract IMO

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’ve thought about this quite often.  Julio would be the same player with any top 20 QB....same holds true for Ryan

Where you’d see a true rise in Julio’s Numbers is if he played with a gunslinger who happens to make too many poor decisions to be a quality NFL starter.  AKA: Fitzpatrick.  He would force feed Julio.  I bet Julio would have had 2,200 yards in Tampa last year

What about with Jameis ?? See Ryan has the accuracy and trust to throw those passes that have become legendary for julio but could schaub , Fitzpatrick or keenum throw those?? I'm not certain 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

What about with Jameis ?? See Ryan has the accuracy and trust to throw those passes that have become legendary for julio but could schaub , Fitzpatrick or keenum throw those?? I'm not certain 

Ryan is also smart enough to understand spreading the ball around makes the unit as a whole much better

2016 isn’t regarded as Julio’s best year.  But 1450 yards on just 83 catches is DOMINANT and was his best year IMO

7 hours ago, FalconAge said:

This team is downright goofy when it comes to maintaining negotiating position in public. So it isn't just Arthur Blank I guess.

And am I wrong for thinking that bad things happen when you have as many players as we do in the top 5 salary of their positions?

If this gets done, we will have to gut the middle of our roster. We will be just about the most top heavy team in recent NFL history.

Just like we experimented with having a college coach with no real NFL background run another man's playbook, we will be experimenting with putting all of our  championship eggs in a 4 person basket....

Nobody said anything when Ryan got paid.  Julio is just as important to the team which is WHY Dimitroff came out and said it...

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Nobody said anything when Ryan got paid.  Julio is just as important to the team which is WHY Dimitroff came out and said it...

Julio is #2 on our team in terms of value.  But imagine Schaub or Benkert starting.  Ryan has more value than Julio & Deion Sanders combined.  Not because he is a better player...just the position he plays

We could still win more than we lose without Julio

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

You got d@mn right about that J. And guys probably wouldn’t wanna re negotiate contracts if teams never cut players. All this started when FA was introduced. Deion Sanders set the standard for the CB market. The falcons lost the best corner ever because they didn’t want fo pay him. The falcons sucked again until 98. 

Look. I know other fanbases have fans who feel and say certain things they shouldn't, but its like  SOME Atlanta fans SPECIALIZE in the crap.  I remember plain as day when Deion wanted to get paid and the Atlanta media and SOME of the fanbase clowned him.   Same thing happened with Jamal Anderson.  They didn't like Jeff George.  George was big in the NFL, yeah he had problems, but he was the most visible Falcon player on the team along with Rison.  Folks been wanting to trade Julio ever since he got drafted.  Some folks were HAPPY when Vick got into trouble because there was drama even before that happened.  Thats why he had the finger incident because of some fans harassing him.  Its like the Falcon fanbase is allergic to Superstars...:lol:

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Look. I know other fanbases have fans who feel and say certain things they shouldn't, but its like  SOME Atlanta fans SPECIALIZE in the crap.  I remember plain as day when Deion wanted to get paid and the Atlanta media and SOME of the fanbase clowned him.   Same thing happened with Jamal Anderson.  They didn't like Jeff George.  George was big in the NFL, yeah he had problems, but he was the most visible Falcon player on the team along with Rison.  Folks been wanting to trade Julio ever since he got drafted.  Some folks were HAPPY when Vick got into trouble because there was drama even before that happened.  Thats why he had the finger incident because of some fans harassing him.  Its like the Falcon fanbase is allergic to Superstars...:lol:

They are. Me and @Knight of God always say they don’t like playmakers. They love Lunch pale guys and feel good stories. 

15 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ok because you're one of my favorite posters on here. I wanna ask you something. Do you think paying him that amount of money will affect us in the future ?? 

No. Simply because the main guys that need to be paid have gotten paid outside of KeKe. Some salaries are going to come off the books freeing up a ton of money. Matt's contract is the one that stings after this season. Starting in 2020 Matt's cap hits will be $33, $36, $36, $31 million in that order. Like with Julio or any other player with a high cap number, the contract will be restructured to free up money or another extension. Players who can be cut without the team absorbing a lot of dead space will be cut. That's just the way it goes. Teams are keeping the most valuable players around and replacing bad contracts when warranted.

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Julio is #2 on our team in terms of value.  But imagine Schaub or Benkert starting.  Ryan has more value than Julio & Deion Sanders combined.  Not because he is a better player...just the position he plays

We could still win more than we lose without Julio

Peyton Manning is better than Ryan and he won those Superbowls because of the receivers he had around him, his running game and defense.  Marino is a better quarterback than Ryan.  Warren Moon is too and they don't have rings because the team had nothing around them other than receivers for most of their careers.  Football is a team game.  Dimitroff knows the Falcon defense is still shaky soo he wants to outscore opponents. Thats how they have been built since 2012...

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

They are. Me and @Knight of God always say they don’t like playmakers. They love Lunch pale guys and feel good stories. 

I know.  Thats the crap that is polarizing.  Its not the players its the fanbase...:lol:

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Peyton Manning is better than Ryan and he won those Superbowls because of the receivers he had around him, his running game and defense.  Marino is a better quarterback than Ryan.  Warren Moon is too and they don't have rings because the team had nothing around them other than receivers for most of their careers.  Football is a team game.  Dimitroff knows the Falcon defense is still shaky soo he wants to outscore opponents. Thats how they have been built since 2012...

Marino is still left TBD....Moon was amazing, but his time outside the NFL hurts him when considering All Time greats.  I’ll take Ryan over Moon

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

One more thing.  How many big name players with PROBLEMS did the Patriots go out and sign and that player helped them win?  Cory Dillon, Randy Moss, Legarette Blount, I can go on and on.  The Falcon fanbase would've rioted if the Falcons signed any of those players and I don't wanna hear that the Falcons are not the type of organization that can handle them.  Create a organization where players WANT to put their egos aside and win. 

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

One more thing.  How many big name players with PROBLEMS did the Patriots go out and sign and that player helped them win?  Cory Dillon, Randy Moss, Legarette Blount, I can go on and on.  The Falcon fanbase would've rioted if the Falcons signed any of those players and I don't wanna hear that the Falcons are not the type of organization that can handle them.  Create a organization where players WANT to put their egos aside and win. 

There goes those **** Patriots again. @athell pray for me man

42 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Marino is still left TBD....Moon was amazing, but his time outside the NFL hurts him when considering All Time greats.  I’ll take Ryan over Moon

Moon didn't have a choice, with a fair shot Moon would have been an even bigger NFL talent.

2 hours ago, caponine said:

No wr should be getting that amount , I said this the other day michael thomas has earned that contract but non qbs should never get paid 100 mil or more. 

Why has Thomas earned it but Julio hasn't? 

To me TD saying this means they’ve been planning this and have scope to do this all along.I don’t think you come out and say this if you don’t.

I will say this and have said this for awhile now it puts innate pressure on the draft.With the salaries they are paying a few it puts absolute pressure on what they do on the mentioned.