Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Definitely bigger than Ito. 4" taller and 24 pounds heavier.

What do you think hill weighs?

I guess McCoy is a big back since he weights more than Jacquizz lol

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's the one reason that one shouldn't have been called but that doesn't mean Hill can do it because the defender isn't going to always do that to bail him out. Stop using that as an excuse.

Not using it as an excuse. As I clearly said.. it’s obviously a penalty.

Edited by ShmevinShmarris

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Hill played well Thursday. I want to see him against the starters

This is the proper answer for anyone still questioning Hill.  Has he proven anything?  Not yet.  But he has earned more reps with the 1st and 2nd team.    Let’s continue watching to see how he does.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This is the proper answer for anyone still questioning Hill.  Has he proven anything?  Not yet.  But he has earned more reps with the 1st and 2nd team.    Let’s continue watching to see how he does.

Exactly he has earned reps with the 1st team and 2nd team. Let's see what he does with it

14 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Hehe.  I'm pretty certain neither guy was literally "head hunting".   Hill was not going to get speared out of bounds so he got low to meet the defender and squared up to absorb the hit and then used his leverage to launch the guy (truck).  The helmet contact was incidental to both guys trying to going low.   If you go back and watch the broadcast, there is a replay angle that's from the front looking back at the play (you can DQ in the background looking happy).   In that you can see that Hill never turned into the defender with his head.  You can also clearly see the defender lower his head for the big hit on Hill

I just think this is hard concept for a lot of guys to get because they've never been in that situation. I have been and you got three choices...get out of bounds earlier (lose extra yards), take an uncontested lick from the defender (not recommended) or bow up and take it on and let the chips fall where they may.

I disagree. He was intent on delivering a statement blow. His body language was clear. In a way...I have to admit I like it. 

6 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Have you ever played football my guy? If you haha you know it moves really fast and the strike point changes in an instant. He leaned in for contact and the angle the tackler came in from placed his head where hills was. Maybe the tackler should’ve lowered his strike zone and got his head out the way. Bottom line is that it was a bang bang play. There was no head intention. I played running and I can assure you I had my share of unintentional head hits. I hated banging my head but I ran a 4.3 so in an instant where I lower my shoulder to strike won’t be the impact point when I meat the defender and he’s running as fast as he can to stop me. The only reason it was called on hill was because the defender was on the losing end. Had it been hill get run over they would’ve called it on the defender. 

I only played about 8 years. OL, TE, and LB. As I've mentioned above, his body language was pretty clear to me. He was giving him a little what for and all. Attitude is good. Nobody got hurt. 

Are we really debating if Hill is a big back?  LoL. 

Ollison has been widely described as a big back.  He is 1" taller than Hill and 5 pounds heavier.  Where is the line of delineation?

Is a paper weight heavy?  Do black holes suck?  Why does grass grow?

If anyone wants to have a real discussion, I was not greatly impressed with Hill or Ollison in the HOF game.  I am hoping both of them show something in preseason.  Freeman and Smith are elusive backs.  We need at least 1 bruiser.  Is that bruiser on the roster?  I am not convinced he is or is not. 

Monolith2001 and FalconsIn2012 like this

On 8/4/2019 at 9:25 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I never realized this man was this fast 

I had the exact same reaction.  " Oooh nice run....oooh he's pulling away from them. Lemme see who this......Hill.......WTF?"

Monolith2001 and ya_boi_j like this

6 hours ago, falcndave said:

I disagree. He was intent on delivering a statement blow. His body language was clear. In a way...I have to admit I like it. 

His "intent" to make a statement does not equate to intentionally leading with his helmet but glad you liked the physicality as much as I did.  At this point I think most I've  heard from the broadcast to commentary afterwards from people who know the game well, they think it was a bad call but Hill has acknowledged that they may call it anyway and will adjust a bit.

15 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol at Hill being a "big back"

This boards infatuation with a "big back" is hilarious.  Almost as hilarious as citing Hill's 6.3ypc like that is sustainable in anyway if/when he gets actual carries.

AintLearnt****Since1970

Ovie_Lover and Godzilla1985 like this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

This boards infatuation with a "big back" is hilarious.  Almost as hilarious as citing Hill's 6.3ypc like that is sustainable in anyway if/when he gets actual carries.

AintLearnt****Since1970

Come on ... there's nothing wrong with wanting a big back on the roster. Certainly not to the extent you have one just to have one, but if the big back makes the team based on talent more power to him.

athell likes this

41 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Looks like our base starting unit  for Dolphins game is 52 defense

Wonder if they plan on using Grady as the WDE who in a 5-2 is standing up at the LOS rather than in 3 point stance

It's what we ran last week. And why would they stand Grady up? Especially at DE when they have him listed at DT?

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Come on ... there's nothing wrong with wanting a big back on the roster. Certainly not to the extent you have one just to have one, but if the big back makes the team based on talent more power to him.

A strong back is cool but calling a 219lbs guy a big back is a reach.

athell likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

A strong back is cool but calling a 219lbs guy a big back is a reach.

That's another argument :) ( and I agree with you ).

I wanted Ollison before the draft because of his size, but I'm not willing to keep him solely on that factor. Hill either since to me he's only 'big' in the sense Free, Ito, and Barner are smaller.

Edited by Geneaut

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

No but folks think bigger means better and that's just not the case.  Plus it's still hilarious to me he referenced the 6.3 ypc like that's gonna be the norm lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, athell said:

No but folks think bigger means better and that's just not the case.  Plus it's still hilarious to me he referenced the 6.3 ypc like that's gonna be the norm lol

Bigger <> better to me, but if all other things are equal I'll usually prefer a bigger back. That's just a preference, and it certainly doesn't keep me from liking people like Free. 

I 'like' Hill well enough, but so far he's JAG to me. He's shown enough to me that I want him to get a fair shot at the roster, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think he's better than any of the other guys fighting for a spot. I'll watch him closer against the Dolphins and see what he does.

I've been wrong about a lot of players before.

athell and Ovie_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Bigger <> better to me, but if all other things are equal I'll usually prefer a bigger back. That's just a preference, and it certainly doesn't keep me from liking people like Free. 

I 'like' Hill well enough, but so far he's JAG to me. He's shown enough to me that I want him to get a fair shot at the roster, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think he's better than any of the other guys fighting for a spot. I'll watch him closer against the Dolphins and see what he does.

I've been wrong about a lot of players before.

Agreed

Geneaut likes this