Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

This, I'm excited about Cominsky but even I wanna wait before hyping him. Everyone is so quick to jump for joy when a guy plays well against backups backups.

Cominski shedding lineman like annoying gnats to make multiple plays in the backfield was impressive

Dr Long Shot and Schwarzwald like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

What have I said was wrong?

He led with the crown.

No he lowered his shoulder and his head followed like you'd understand if you ever played the game seriously...the defender is the one who led with his crown.  Rewatch it.  Either way, trying to use it as a negative shows you are well in the minority even if it was a penalty at the time.

He doesn't make his own yards.

Beyond this being is a metric you get to define however you like,  he did not go down on first contact and did not go backwards and got two hard fought first downs.

Can you show me where he consistently has shown he can make his own yards? Because all I see is a runner who is only going to go as far as the blockers take him.

No I can't as I haven't seen a consistent running game from anyone on this team since 2017 but I can definitely say there was no one better than him Thursday night which you seem incapable of.    

Not about right or wrong.  Believe what you like.  I am not here to win hearts and minds, just sharing my excitement for his running last night, what I've heard from preseason as well at Carolina last season.  As I said a few posts ago, this will work out the way it works out.  The only thing our opinions change is how we and those who read our posts consider our information to be useful.  I know from this conversation that you need people to believe Hill is a bad RB and willing to use any argument to prove it.  I am praising his performance as I would any other player and I'm cheering for him to keep it up.  I hope he makes the team as he has made steady improvement from when he came here in 2017.  Even he admits it

7 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I will never understand people who just lock onto a guy to just hate everything they do. Be a better fan.

Did not know this was a Vic Beasley thread. He looks about the same as last year, dressed-out but did not play. Come to think of it, heard there were people from Washington scouting him last year, thought he might have a long career in Politics with his wonderful spin moves.

10 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Not about right or wrong.  Believe what you like.  I am not here to win hearts and minds, just sharing my excitement for his running last night, what I've heard from preseason as well at Carolina last season.  As I said a few posts ago, this will work out the way it works out.  The only thing our opinions change is how we and those who read our posts consider our information to be useful.  I know from this conversation that you need people to believe Hill is a bad RB and willing to use any argument to prove it.  I am praising his performance as I would any other player and I'm cheering for him to keep it up.  I hope he makes the team as he has made steady improvement from when he came here in 2017.  Even he admits it

Wow,  

thanks for sharing this video ,, I've been his biggest fan from day one.. You got to love his humility,, with a mind set like that ,, he's bound to even get better.. Hes not stopped working since we drafted him,,and now it's paying off. A story like his is what makes  NFL Football  Great. His attitude reminds me of Walter  Payton and Barry Sanders..  With his heart,, He can be a great one.

23 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Went back and checked and I'm still not all that clear on it but either way, when I look at Hill the good outweighs the bad. 

* Ran for insane yds in college.

* High ypc in limited time in NFL both with ATL/CIN

* Great combination of size and speed

* Runs physical and finishes runs

I love Ito and love Ollison's potential but I really think Hill got a good shot at the #2 behind Free. 

I think Hill running behind Free makes us an extremely physical offense with those two in the run game and Julio and Sanu at the receiving position. 

I'm not saying he's locked up the # 2 spot heII he might not even make the team if the other guys step up. But he's definitely looking good and I don't understand the negativity towards him.

Yeah bro he's got more clueless haters than supporters on TATF. Draftnut is the President of his fan club. Me and a couple others got on board last year. The rest won't get it until he breaks out. Yo Lova will never get it. The only bad thing about Hill blowin up would be another 20K post Draftnut thread with him talking to himself.

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro he's got more clueless haters than supporters on TATF. Draftnut is the President of his fan club. Me and a couple others got on board last year. The rest won't get it until he breaks out. Yo Lova will never get it. The only bad thing about Hill blowin up would be another 20K post Draftnut thread with him talking to himself.

What separates Hill from other Backs? What's his skillset? So far no one has been able to show me hes nothing more than a follow his blockers runner. He doesn't make his own yards.

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What separates Hill from other Backs? What's his skillset? So far no one has been able to show me hes nothing more than a follow his blockers runner. He doesn't make his own yards.

He's a good sized back at 6'1 219 lbs with decent 4.54 speed. He's got some vision and power. Finishes his runs going downhill. Improved his receiving. Plays with an attitude. Just needs to dial it down some and improve his pass blocking. I think he will be the front runner for the #2 spot and the starter if Free gets hurt.

Atl Falcon and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He's a good sized back at 6'1 219 lbs with decent 4.54 speed. He's got some vision and power. Finishes his runs going downhill. Improved his receiving. Plays with an attitude. Just needs to dial it down some and improve his pass blocking. I think he will be the front runner for the #2 spot and the starter if Free gets hurt.

So he has a good game against 3rd string guys but he's gonna be the #2/possible starter? Lol

Ito is the #2 hence why the team didnt need to see him nearly as much.

Also again show me where he makes his own yards my guy.

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So he has a good game against 3rd string guys but he's gonna be the #2/possible starter? Lol

Ito is the #2 hence why the team didnt need to see him nearly as much.

Also again show me where he makes his own yards my guy.

Go watch his game yesterday. Or his games last year. He can make more of his yards than Ito. Downhill.

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Go watch his game yesterday. Or his games last year. He can make more of his yards than Ito. Downhill.

Downhill? Lol ok 

On 8/3/2019 at 0:15 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro he's got more clueless haters than supporters on TATF. Draftnut is the President of his fan club. Me and a couple others got on board last year. The rest won't get it until he breaks out. Yo Lova will never get it. The only bad thing about Hill blowin up would be another 20 K post Draftnut thread with him talking to himself. 

Man, I wanted to like this post so ******* bad but then you had to go and throw my boy Yo shade....

On 8/3/2019 at 0:08 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Wow,  

thanks for sharing this video ,, I've been his biggest fan from day one.. You got to love his humility,, with a mind set like that ,, he's bound to even get better.. Hes not stopped working since we drafted him,,and now it's paying off. A story like his is what makes  NFL Football  Great. His attitude reminds me of Walter  Payton and Barry Sanders..  With his heart,, He can be a great one.

Amen bro!

Draftnut57 likes this

26 minutes ago, The Daywalker said:

Amen bro!

Just for the record,, I'm pretty sure that I'm Hill and Vic Beasley's biggest fan,, Love the Underdogs as much as I do the Ga. Bulldogs!  lol , A lot of people are going to be hiding when Beasley breaks threw this season.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, Monolith2001 said:

If you have counters in your home, try to lower your shoulder to it and tell me what your head does.  Now imagine if you were also bracing for impact.  Some people act like humans have necks like geese.

Actually agree, if you lower your shoulder without lowering your head.. Imo your just asking for a neck injury, and by the time the NFL figures this out several guys may be injured for life

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I never realized this man was this fast 

Looks like hes also lost some weight.. I just believe we'll keep ollison because dk wants a power back.. So its between Hill and Ito so unfortunately Hill is the odd man out unless we keep 4 backs.. 

NWFALCON and ya_boi_j like this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Looks like hes also lost some weight.. I just believe we'll keep ollison because dk wants a power back.. So its between Hill and Ito so unfortunately Hill is the odd man out unless we keep 4 backs.. 

Hill was down field on a lot of the special team coverages. The man is playing his heart out. And I agree he looks super lean. 

Imagine a rotation of 4 backs. Free will be super fresh for the playoff run. 

55 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Nice find.  

It’s also in their twitter video today of practice.

If he can improve around the LOS and become a pass protector/catch threat, he can become a solid #2 at minimum.

DQ has left the door open for everyone, which I understand is more of an indication that Ito isn’t as locked in as we may have thought.

IIRC, he also indicated it was a good thing and wasn’t necessarily down on anyone.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

On 8/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Yo_Lover said:

My problem with Hill is he doesn't make yards. When he has good blocks he goes as far as they take him. He isn't going to make anything extra after that or when he has bad blocks. If y'all wanna like average go ahead. Show me him making extra yards for himself on a consistent basis.

Ovie_Lover likes this

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I never realized this man was this fast 

The ones that praised the pick and watched him in college know. I think he struggled with reading his blocks early in his career, but in college he was slippery and hard to take down. I’ve never seen a big back run through tiny holes like Hill and then break a big run. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

The ones that praised the pick and watched him in college know. I think he struggled with reading his blocks early in his career, but in college he was slippery and hard to take down. I’ve never seen a big back run through tiny holes like Hill and then break a big run. 

I wouldn’t even be able to tell you what school he went to off the dome. 

On 8/3/2019 at 0:47 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like Hill as the #3 but no way he overtakes Ito at #2.

Ito made people miss consistently last year despite awful run blocking. I have yet to see Brian Hill create something out of nothing. I like Hill's physical side and think he can be our punishing back for goalline style situations but don't think he has what it takes to pass Ito. This is the type of stuff I want to see from Hill before he is sniffing the #2 spot.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Vandy likes this