Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I will never understand people who just lock onto a guy to just hate everything they do. Be a better fan.

Beasley could disarm and active shooter in an orphanage and folks on here would ***** about his technique.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I'm on this level a bit. I'm encouraged and I don't expect him to be the lead back. I expect him to provide great effort when he comes in to spell. He has added a catching ability, some more intensity to his runs, and a bit of vision I saw there on a few runs.

Cant you see clearly what's going on,, Hatters are going to hate,, and Hatters can't admit it when they are wrong.. and will not. Evidently they can't see how redicullous they sound while the truth is staring them in the face. :shrug:

Monolith2001 likes this

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I will never understand people who just lock onto a guy to just hate everything they do. Be a better fan.

Yeah.  I don't think I've ever seen such levels of ridiculousness.   I knew a few folks here were a bit butt hurt about Hill having a shot but at the end of the day, he will make the team or not based on what DQ thinks not what we think. 

It's fine if some people would rather see Ito, Ollison, Ortiz and/or TBJ make the 53 but the lengths that some people are going to just dump on one of the best players in the game last night is just asinine.  The smarter tactic would be to just point out that this was against a lot of guys who probably won't see the field and wait for Hill to make a mistake and pounce on that as opposed to making stuff up or suddenly becoming an NFL rule official (even the rules official they had on the network thought it should NOT have been on Hill at the end).  Wonder if we will hear all this bellyaching when Free does what Free does.

19 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yeah.  I don't think I've ever seen such levels of ridiculousness.   I knew a few folks here were a bit butt hurt about Hill having a shot but at the end of the day, he will make the team or not based on what DQ thinks not what we think. 

It's fine if some people would rather see Ito, Ollison, Ortiz and/or TBJ make the 53 but the lengths that some people are going to just dump on one of the best players in the game last night is just asinine.  The smarter tactic would be to just point out that this was against a lot of guys who probably won't see the field and wait for Hill to make a mistake and pounce on that as opposed to making stuff up or suddenly becoming an NFL rule official (even the rules official they had on the network thought it should NOT have been on Hill at the end).  Wonder if we will hear all this bellyaching when Free does what Free does.

I can answer that,, Can you say,, young Falcon fan kids,,  They can't admit it when they are wrong.. Not only will the truth set you free,, it can bring us a Superbowl. What I saw last night was what I thought may happen,, This team is the best Falcon team ever put together.. And we will be the team to best this year.. The one player that I didn't know much about at all was a wonderful shock.. Benkert, What an amazing pick up.. The guy was outstanding,, even more than my man Hill. These two players should have gotten MVPs for the O# in this game.

Monolith2001 likes this

16 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I can answer that,, Can you say,, young Falcon fan kids,,  They can't admit it when they are wrong.. Not only will the truth set you free,, it can bring us a Superbowl. What I saw last night was what I thought may happen,, This team is the best Falcon team ever put together.. And we will be the team to best this year.. The one player that I didn't know much about at all was a wonderful shock.. Benkert, What an amazing pick up.. The guy was outstanding,, even more than my man Hill. These two players should have gotten MVPs for the O# in this game.

I am not sure what this team has done to that makes you think this is the best Falcons team ever put together.  They will be good, but this D-Line needs to show something in order for this team to produce.  On top of that, the O-Line needs to come together, and that is a big if.  When Ty and a rookie are starting, that is a far cry from the O-Line that led us to the Super Bowl a few years back.  Could they be good? Most likely.  Can they be great? MAYBE  Could we have a few injuries and it turn out to be a mediocre season? Yes, that could happen.  

You are definitely a true fan, and I can't fault you for that.  I have just been a Falcon Fan for 40 years, and I will wait to see how things are coming together before I claim they are the best Falcon roster ever put together.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

14 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I am not sure what this team has done to that makes you think this is the best Falcons team ever put together.  They will be good, but this D-Line needs to show something in order for this team to produce.  On top of that, the O-Line needs to come together, and that is a big if.  When Ty and a rookie are starting, that is a far cry from the O-Line that led us to the Super Bowl a few years back.  Could they be good? Most likely.  Can they be great? MAYBE  Could we have a few injuries and it turn out to be a mediocre season? Yes, that could happen.  

You are definitely a true fan, and I can't fault you for that.  I have just been a Falcon Fan for 40 years, and I will wait to see how things are coming together before I claim they are the best Falcon roster ever put together.

I've stated it in a couple of other threads in the past month,, If Ryan stays healthy, we will be in the top 4 teams this year.. But I personally believe we take it all this year if Ryan is in charge. I've been following this teams off seasons for like 20 years,, and I've been a fan for 45 years,,  And there has never been a better off season in the way of improving this team. That IMO will put us as a top 4 team in the NFL.

But to not see that this is the most talented roster in the History of this team that has ever been put together just lets me know, You haven't been keeping up with it.  I have been and I assure you,, this is the most overall tallented Falcon team ever... I think you'll agree with me by the end of this season. As far as that goes.. A lot of fans are going to be surprised ... 

31 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I've stated it in a couple of other threads in the past month,, If Ryan stays healthy, we will be in the top 4 teams this year.. But I personally believe we take it all this year if Ryan is in charge. I've been following this teams off seasons for like 20 years,, and I've been a fan for 45 years,,  And there has never been a better off season in the way of improving this team. That IMO will put us as a top 4 team in the NFL.

But to not see that this is the most talented roster in the History of this team that has ever been put together just lets me know, You haven't been keeping up with it.  I have been and I assure you,, this is the most overall tallented Falcon team ever... I think you'll agree with me by the end of this season. As far as that goes.. A lot of fans are going to be surprised ... 

You just simply can't say that, because the roster we had that took us to within an eyelash of the Super Bowl WAS the best team we ever had; so maybe you are the one who hasn't been paying attention.  Do they have a chance to be good? Yes, a very good chance.  Do they have a chance to be great? Maybe

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You just simply can't say that, because the roster we had that took us to within an eyelash of the Super Bowl WAS the best team we ever had; so maybe you are the one who hasn't been paying attention.  Do they have a chance to be good? Yes, a very good chance.  Do they have a chance to be great? Maybe

Oh yes I can say that,, and I did,, and I will ,,, Why? Because it's true..... This team is far better than that team.. Not only in starters , but in backups.. Ask TD if you don't believe it ... We now have that extra eyelash we needed in that game!   :tiphat:  Get back with me after this season. We'll talk. IMO this team is at least 33% better than that team.. JMO...

17 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Oh yes I can say that,, and I did,, and I will ,,, Why? Because it's true..... This team is far better than that team.. Not only in starters , but in backups.. Ask TD if you don't believe it ... We now have that extra eyelash we needed in that game!   :tiphat:  Get back with me after this season. We'll talk. IMO this team is at least 33% better than that team.. JMO...

And experience.

I've watched that play over and over and I disagree with the call. He's called for lowering his head but the defender lowered his head first. Hill was just protecting himself.

One guy was knocked back on his rear end and the other was left standing talking smack. That's why the coaches congratulated him.

The ref threw the flag because the defender took a hard L. No foul.

12 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I can’t wait for this board to defend how bad Ollison has looked. I said it since the minute we made the pick that he is a worse version of Brian Hill.

Hill will make this roster and be the #3. (Hill hasent done much tonight either but hes been FAR better than Oli)

You won't see me among his defenders. The guy looked freaking pitiful every time he had the ball. Dazed and confused. No way he makes the team over Hill. He doesn't even look like PS material.

5 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You won't see me among his defenders. The guy looked freaking pitiful every time he had the ball. Dazed and confused. No way he makes the team over Hill. He doesn't even look like PS material.

Give Ollison time.  He has a very good NFL skillset.

With that said, Hill had 12 rushes for 77 yards if you include the 18 yard run called back for an iffy penalty.  I can support those numbers

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Give Ollison time.  He has a very good NFL skillset.

With that said, Hill had 12 rushes for 77 yards if you include the 18 yard run called back for an iffy penalty.  I can support those numbers

Giving people time, showing patience, and having a basic understanding the kid is literally in his first game as a pro is for young, intelligent, emotionally stable and rational adults. Folks who can look at something with a calm, analytical viewpoint and give an accurate assessment. 

Obviously none of the above applies to me, so I just jump to immediate conclusions, throw some shade and wait for a responsible well-adjusted adult to come in and set the record straight. Thanks for arriving so promptly!

As for Hill, I was very impressed. He being another RB I'd blithely written off prematurely who somehow actually looks pretty good now. Dammit. I may have to reevaluate my whole posting style. :ninja:

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Giving people time, showing patience, and having a basic understanding the kid is literally in his first game as a pro is for young, intelligent, emotionally stable and rational adults. Folks who can look at something with a calm, analytical viewpoint and give an accurate assessment. 

Obviously none of the above applies to me, so I just jump to immediate conclusions, throw some shade and wait for a responsible well-adjusted adult to come in and set the record straight. Thanks for arriving so promptly!

As for Hill, I was very impressed. He being another RB I'd blithely written off prematurely who somehow actually looks pretty good now. Dammit. I may have to reevaluate my whole posting style. :ninja:

That’s why I love ya, PS.

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Beasley could disarm and active shooter in an orphanage and folks on here would ***** about his technique.

Nahh,  he would whiff trying to disarm him 

Edited by caponine

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s just the angle the play came. It could easily be a head hit. This sh*t moves too fast. Even if you lower your shoulder with that intent the defender can move and you end up hitting helmets. I played running back. There’s no way in h3ll you can tell me that it’s an easy thing to do when I run a 4.3 and somebody is coming at me with all they have. I didn’t try to put my head in anything but I most definitely had a bunch of head hits. It’s the speed. Its super easy for you to say keep your head out of it from the couch lil bro!! And I played the rb position from lil league to high school, to college, to semi pro. 

Dude look at Marshawns head and then look at Hill's that I posted earlier. Hill lead with the crown.

6 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Because some want better than just average.

I hope you all are right on Hill, but offseason champion hypesters beware.  We see this every year.  I'll wait and see how he looks when it counts.

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Because some want better than just average.

Impossible to achieve when the people making that evaluation are making up stuff and moving the bar to stick with their previously stated opinions.  It's like they cannot ever re-evaluate previous thinking with new information.  It's just how some people are wired and you just sort of have to know they have flawed predispositions when accepting their thoughts.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, athell said:

I hope you all are right on Hill, but offseason champion hypesters beware.  We see this every year.  I'll wait and see how he looks when it counts.

This is a smart post as it is "appropriately" pessimistic and even I as a Hill fan ain't ready to give him anything but a kudos for looking good at times in a generally bad run game.

Edited by Monolith2001
added "appropriately"
athell and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, Monolith2001 said:

This is a smart post as it is pessimistic and even I as a Hill fan ain't ready to give him anything but a kudos for looking good at times in a generally bad run game.

Not pessimistic as much as it is realistic.  If he did it against starters in like game 3 I would be more on the train, but for now I'm waiting at the ticket booth :)

Ovie_Lover and FalconsIn2012 like this

11 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Impossible to achieve when the people making that evaluation are making up stuff and moving the bar to stick with their previously stated opinions.  It's like they cannot ever re-evaluate previous thinking with new information.  It's just how some people are wired and you just sort of have to know they have flawed predispositions when accepting their thoughts.

What have I said was wrong?

He led with the crown.

He doesn't make his own yards.

Can you show me where he consistently has shown he can make his own yards? Because all I see is a runner who is only going to go as far as the blockers take him.

23 minutes ago, athell said:

This, I'm excited about Cominsky but even I wanna wait before hyping him. Everyone is so quick to jump for joy when a guy plays well against backups backups.

FalconsIn2012 and athell like this