Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Hope not. Just a slower Coleman. 

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I'm on this level a bit. I'm encouraged and I don't expect him to be the lead back. I expect him to provide great effort when he comes in to spell. He has added a catching ability, some more intensity to his runs, and a bit of vision I saw there on a few runs.

Man all I know is there’s going to be a battle for those 2nd & 3rd RB spots.

Overall though I thought the defense was pretty solid and the Oline was to in patches.

Benkert looks more and more like a legit #2.

STs better bar Italian Ices miscue from 54 gotta say man I’m pretty encouraged from what I saw.

20 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Already posted it. It's in here.

Went back and checked and I'm still not all that clear on it but either way, when I look at Hill the good outweighs the bad. 

* Ran for insane yds in college.

* High ypc in limited time in NFL both with ATL/CIN

* Great combination of size and speed

* Runs physical and finishes runs

I love Ito and love Ollison's potential but I really think Hill got a good shot at the #2 behind Free. 

I think Hill running behind Free makes us an extremely physical offense with those two in the run game and Julio and Sanu at the receiving position. 

I'm not saying he's locked up the # 2 spot heII he might not even make the team if the other guys step up. But he's definitely looking good and I don't understand the negativity towards him.

28 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Man all I know is there’s going to be a battle for those 2nd & 3rd RB spots.

Overall though I thought the defense was pretty solid and the Oline was to in patches.

Benkert looks more and more like a legit #2.

STs better bar Italian Ices miscue from 54 gotta say man I’m pretty encouraged from what I saw.

Man. They muffed some punts. Coverage look a lot better and i saw Hill getting downfield pretty quick. I also saw one guy block two guys on a pump. I didn’t catch his number. Hopefully they fix these concentration errors as we move forward. 

kiwifalcon likes this

9 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Went back and checked and I'm still not all that clear on it but either way, when I look at Hill the good outweighs the bad. 

* Ran for insane yds in college.

* High ypc in limited time in NFL both with ATL/CIN

* Great combination of size and speed

* Runs physical and finishes runs

I love Ito and love Ollison's potential but I really think Hill got a good shot at the #2 behind Free. 

I think Hill running behind Free makes us an extremely physical offense with those two in the run game and Julio and Sanu at the receiving position. 

I'm not saying he's locked up the # 2 spot heII he might not even make the team if the other guys step up. But he's definitely looking good and I don't understand the negativity towards him.

Show me where hes physical exactly? And not that dumb*** leading with the head run he had today.

9 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

IMO opinion ref only made that call because of the helmet to helmet contact. It was a bad call

The helmet to helmet is what should have cancelled the call. Without it it's the right call. The rule is a RB cannot lead with their head like Hill did.

Drew4719 and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Show me where hes physical exactly? And not that dumb*** leading with the head run he had today.

Call was debatable but either way, it shows physicality. Go back and look at the Panthers game he was bringing that hammer along with those big runs.

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The helmet to helmet is what should have cancelled the call. Without it it's the right call. The rule is a RB cannot lead with their head like Hill did.

I disagree he dropped his shoulder and was angled to catch the defender with his shoulder. The defender dropped flat in with his head first had the defender not dipped his head Hill would have caught him in the chest with his shoulder

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what I’m encouraged in what I’ve seen.If this is the indicator of what we are going to get this year.

Cant wait.

We lost though. 

22 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Call was debatable but either way, it shows physicality. Go back and look at the Panthers game he was bringing that hammer along with those big runs.

No he wasn't. And it wasn't debatle either way, it's a new rule man.

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

First 90 seconds show some toughness.  That stiff arm, bruh

He's not a rookie. Hes been in the league and hasn't done it in the league.

Flying Falcon likes this

23 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

I disagree he dropped his shoulder and was angled to catch the defender with his shoulder. The defender dropped flat in with his head first had the defender not dipped his head Hill would have caught him in the chest with his shoulder

FbFTii9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

He's looking at the ground, leading with his head. 

Flying Falcon and caponine like this

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No he wasn't. And it wasn't debatle either way, it's a new rule man.

It's going to be a lot of controversial (no/)calls behind that new rule. It's only natural for ball carriers to lower both their head and shoulders when bracing for contact. Call went one way but it's very debatable.

THEHEADCOACH likes this

2 hours ago, cwell1 said:

This sounds just as ridiculous as those rules. Your head is a attached to your shoulders and sticks out more than your shoulders ever would. Where ever your shoulders go, your head is going to go with it.  That’s like saying pull your middle finger down without your ring finger moving. It’s impossible 

I hate you, for proving this.  Can do this with either thumbs, and only left pinky finger.  Which am already assuming due to age old laws of this msg board, must somehow mean I've got the "ghey". 

cwell1 likes this

28 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

It's going to be a lot of controversial (no/)calls behind that new rule. It's only natural for ball carriers to lower both their head and shoulders when bracing for contact. Call went one way but it's very debatable.

Lowering your head is one thing, leading with the crown is another. He led.

Flying Falcon, caponine and Vandy like this

21 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lowering your head is one thing, leading with the crown is another. He led.

Bingo.  If the runner lowers his torso, they want their eyes up still.  Just like they want all the defenders to tackle for safety these days, they want the offensive runner to have their eyes and face mask up.  You can get low but you need your head up.  If the refs see you leading with the crown of your helmet its a foul.

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

845323834.jpg?w=620

Shoulder hit. Not head.

That’s just the angle the play came. It could easily be a head hit. This sh*t moves too fast. Even if you lower your shoulder with that intent the defender can move and you end up hitting helmets. I played running back. There’s no way in h3ll you can tell me that it’s an easy thing to do when I run a 4.3 and somebody is coming at me with all they have. I didn’t try to put my head in anything but I most definitely had a bunch of head hits. It’s the speed. Its super easy for you to say keep your head out of it from the couch lil bro!! And I played the rb position from lil league to high school, to college, to semi pro. 

4 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

845323834.jpg?w=620

Shoulder hit. Not head.

The speed football moves at.......a still shot? Are you serious? Can’t be

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Bobby-Wagner-Tackle-STACK1.jpg

Keep your head up. Not hard.

No clue what this picture is supposed to rep for you.   Wagner is using great form to make the tackle and I would encourage Hill (when on ST) and all "tacklers" to use this technique when taking on a ball carrier.  When you are a ball carrier, you want to avoid this situation where the defender (Wagner) got under his pads is lifting him off the ground AND has his arm under the football where they can get leverage.   You'd make more sense if you said he should have just ran out of bounds before the hit or posted this on the Broncos board for the poor dude that got trucked. I won't question your football knowledge but you could sure use a physics class.