Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Except that he didn't. People remember his big runs, but in 2014 , he had two big runs for TDs, in the other 21 rushes for that year, he had 58 yards.

People only remember the big ones

21 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Like I've said time and time again I think Hill is average. Some of y'all may be ok with that but I want more than average. I want a guy who has something that separates him from the rest. Elite speed, catching, power, something. Hill is just all around average.

Seems to me Snelling made a nice living in the NFL as that kind of back. If Hill develops into Snelling, I'd be OK with that.

Just like with Hageman, I think that the Falcons bringing him back is a good sign, means they think he can be useful.

Like the persistence he's shown in not giving up. Lot of late round picks never resurface after being cut.

Also think that small sample size works both ways, if it's too early to say he's solid, it's also too early to say he's not.

Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Seems to me Snelling made a nice living in the NFL as that kind of back. If Hill develops into Snelling, I'd be OK with that.

Just like with Hageman, I think that the Falcons bringing him back is a good sign, means they think he can be useful.

Like the persistence he's shown in not giving up. Lot of late round picks never resurface after being cut.

Also think that small sample size works both ways, if it's too early to say he's solid, it's also too early to say he's not.

Snelling was pretty good in short yardage, could make a guy miss at times, could play FB and had solid hands. I don't see that with Hill, maybe some decent hands if the camp hype is accurate but I wanna see him get 3rd and 1's or make some guys miss.

Also we aren't allowed to compare players here so don't do that man, they got upset yesterday.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Except that he didn't. People remember his big runs, but in 2014 , he had two big runs for TDs, in the other 21 rushes for that year, he had 58 yards.

So he scored 2 TDs in 23 carries as a 3rd back? That's pretty good. You have to adjust expectations for players

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So he scored 2 TDs in 23 carries as a 3rd back? That's pretty good. You have to adjust expectations for players

And he averaged less than 3 yards a carry the rest of the time, that's really not making the most of his carries, which was what I was responding to. 

vel and Ovie_Lover like this

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

And he averaged less than 3 yards a carry the rest of the time, that's really not making the most of his carries, which was what I was responding to. 

And he also had 3 receiving TDs. So my point stands. In his limited touches he scored 5 TDs. He wasn't a volume player because he wasn't good enough to be. But in limited plays he could do damage. 5 total TDs in 2014 proves that. I wasn't saying he was Free good. Just that he made good plays in a limited role. I understand your point though. I do

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

And he also had 3 receiving TDs. So my point stands. In his limited touches he scored 5 TDs. He wasn't a volume player because he wasn't good enough to be. But in limited plays he could do damage. 5 total TDs in 2014 proves that. I wasn't saying he was Free good. Just that he made good plays in a limited role

My point stands as well, unless he broke a big run/pass, he didn't do anything.

He  had 7 total TDs in his 7 year career, 5 in one year looks a lot like a fluke to me, he also broke his leg that year and the Falcons also didn't bring him back the next year. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

My point stands as well, unless he broke a big run/pass, he didn't do anything.

He  had 7 total TDs in his 7 year career, 5 in one year looks a lot like a fluke to me, he also broke his leg that year and the Falcons also didn't bring him back the next year. 

He was an average back that made plays in a limited role. Fluke is luck. He just had an outstanding season for him. 1 year wonder. I have seen it countless times especially at the college level 

9 hours ago, falconidae said:

I could see him possibly fill a Snelling-like role. But we need to see a lot more from Hill to project that kind of jump, of course. But I would love to see him evolve into that.  

HASHBROWN3 and Ovie_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I could see him possibly fill a Snelling-like role. But we need to see a lot more from Hill to project that kind of jump, of course. But I would love to see that kind of role for him.

I'm thinking that's a best case scenario for him. Liking what I'm hearing about him from camp, seems like the hesitation that we saw his first year is gone and that he's gotten much better at pass catching. Those are both good things.

Really like he or Ollison to claim the short yardage/ 4 minute offense to close out  a game slot.

Vandy and Ovie_Lover like this

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I'm thinking that's a best case scenario for him. Liking what I'm hearing about him from camp, seems like the hesitation that we saw his first year is gone and that he's gotten much better at pass catching. Those are both good things.

Really like he or Ollison to claim the short yardage/ 4 minute offense to close out  a game slot.

Yeah, it was that hesitation thang which was the big red flag for me.

Ovie_Lover likes this

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I could see him possibly fill a Snelling-like role. But we need to see a lot more from Hill to project that kind of jump, of course. But I would love to see that kind of role for him.

If he could be Snelling I'd be ecstatic. But like I said I don't see the power or shift that Snelling had.

Vandy likes this

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If he could be Snelling I'd be ecstatic. But like I said I don't see the power or shift that Snelling had.

Me either Bro. But I will admit he’s improved quite a bit from what I saw his rookie year. 

Ovie_Lover and Monolith2001 like this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Me either Bro. But I will admit he’s improved quite a bit from what I saw his rookie year. 

I can admit that but I still think he's just average.