Monolith2001

Brian Hill...doubters beware!

340 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can’t wait for this board to defend how bad Ollison has looked. I said it since the minute we made the pick that he is a worse version of Brian Hill.

Hill will make this roster and be the #3. (Hill hasent done much tonight either but hes been FAR better than Oli)

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Kibitzer2017 and PokerSteve like this

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

I can’t wait for this board to defend how bad Ollison has looked. I said it since the minute we made the pick that he is a worse version of Brian Hill.

Hill will make this roster and be the #3. 

We'll see lol.

Knight of God likes this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I knew the bar was low on this board but **** lol

Man I like you dude but you hating really hard now.

I know you're gung ho on not liking B Hill because of last year but he's the best back playing in this game for both teams. That deserves a bit of props.

Definitely not singing his praises because that's extreme, but definitely should be applauded for his efforts tonight.

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

Man I like you dude but you hating really hard now.

I know you're gung ho on not liking B Hill because of last year but he's the best back playing in this game for both teams. That deserves a bit of props.

Definitely not singing his praises because that's extreme, but definitely should be applauded for his efforts tonight.

My problem with Hill is he doesn't make yards. When he has good blocks he goes as far as they take him. He isn't going to make anything extra after that or when he has bad blocks. If y'all wanna like average go ahead. Show me him making extra yards for himself on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what I’m encouraged in what I’ve seen.If this is the indicator of what we are going to get this year.

Cant wait.

Hope not. Just a slower Coleman. 

vel and Knight of God like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

My problem with Hill is he doesn't make yards. When he has good blocks he goes as far as they take him. He isn't going to make anything extra after that or when he has bad blocks. If y'all wanna like average go ahead. Show me him making extra yards for himself on a consistent basis.

That "y'all" is very aggressive. I said he should be applauded for being the best back in the game. 

Not singing his praises just recognizing growth. You can tell he put in work in the offseason

Monolith2001 and FalconsIn2012 like this

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what I’m encouraged in what I’ve seen.If this is the indicator of what we are going to get this year.

Cant wait.

I'm on this level a bit. I'm encouraged and I don't expect him to be the lead back. I expect him to provide great effort when he comes in to spell. He has added a catching ability, some more intensity to his runs, and a bit of vision I saw there on a few runs.

Draftnut57 likes this

25 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Led with the head man. Shouldn't have been a penalty because the defensive player did too but that's why they called it they thought he didnt. 

You lead with the shoulder. Not your head.

Idk bro....the shoulder goes down...so does the head. It was a terrible call. 

Dude looks good though. Ran with power....showcased some speed to the edge....finished. I like it. Based on his last couple games....he looks like he is fighting for the #2 job and not a roster spot. Ollison and Barner fighting for #3 now. 

16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Led with the head man. Shouldn't have been a penalty because the defensive player did too but that's why they called it they thought he didnt. 

If you have counters in your home, try to lower your shoulder to it and tell me what your head does.  Now imagine if you were also bracing for impact.  Some people act like humans have necks like geese.

cwell1, THEHEADCOACH and Ergo Proxy like this

33 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

This sounds just as ridiculous as those rules. Your head is a attached to your shoulders and sticks out more than your shoulders ever would. Where ever your shoulders go, your head is going to go with it.  That’s like saying pull your middle finger down without your ring finger moving. It’s impossible 

Ergo Proxy and Kibitzer2017 like this

11 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

If you have counters in your home, try to lower your shoulder to it and tell me what your head does.  Now imagine if you were also bracing for impact.  Some people act like humans have necks like geese.

Bobby-Wagner-Tackle-STACK1.jpg

Keep your head up. Not hard.

Flying Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

This sounds just as ridiculous as those rules. Your head is a attached to your shoulders and sticks out more than your shoulders ever would. Where ever your shoulders go, your head is going to go with it.  That’s like saying pull your middle finger down without your ring finger moving. It’s impossible 

845323834.jpg?w=620

Shoulder hit. Not head.

Flying Falcon likes this

Hill started really slow but seemed to loosen up as the game went on. 

Ollison missed a block and didn’t really get a chance this game. I find that odd because DQ said this game was for the rookies. Maybe he will get the bulk of the carries in the next game 

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Hill will make this roster and be the #3. (Hill hasent done much tonight either but hes been FAR better than Oli)

I guess no one hates the Falcons like a Falcon fan. 

Osiruz likes this

They were all running behind blockers who aren't going to be on the field come September, so it's hard to really judge. A good o-line makes all the difference when you're talkin about running backs competing in preseason.

JDaveG, Ergo Proxy, Vandy and 3 others like this