FalconBlood

Benkert shows FAR MORE than Schaub

252 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So far, all the defenses for Schaub are abut what he contributes off the field. It may be he just had a bad night and he'll look good next week. He looked pretty good last year in the KC game. May also be his body just can't handle playing football  any more.

Now, if he DID get cut this year, that's an extra 2.375 mil on the 2020 books.

Wow, I don't remember this game, other than a loss. What happened to Ryan?  Also.... c'mon man.... Schaub has had plenty of chances to show QB1 skills.., and just never has.  Why not just let go of that dream  (as a fan speaking here, I don't care what he does for his next job)?  

ATLPhil likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kibitzer2017 said:

Wow, I don't remember this game, other than a loss. What happened to Ryan?  Also.... c'mon man.... Schaub has had plenty of chances to show QB1 skills.., and just never has.  Why not just let go of that dream  (as a fan speaking here, I don't care what he does for his next job)?  

The KC game last preseason? Ryan played like 5 snaps then sat down.  Which is pretty much what he's going to do the next 3 games.

And, where do you get the impression I wanted to keep Schaub?

Kibitzer2017 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, tactician said:

It's called loyalty to the veterans and the guys that have paid their dues. It's just how it is sometimes.

He was a veteran, that went to try and QB1 for AFC Texans for a cpl seasons, and luckily found a soft landing spot, after MANY talented Coaches and Statisticians figured out he can't really carry a team.  So "yeah".... check the "veteran" talk at the door, or at least name me all the same OC's both Ryan/Schaub have been under at the same time.  smh, at this "clipboard holder" sh*t.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So far, all the defenses for Schaub are abut what he contributes off the field. It may be he just had a bad night and he'll look good next week. He looked pretty good last year in the KC game. May also be his body just can't handle playing football  any more.

Now, if he DID get cut this year, that's an extra 2.375 mil on the 2020 books.

He is like Kubiak behind Elway.  More coach than player.  

But the group is significantly worse with just Ryan and Benkert

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The KC game last preseason? Ryan played like 5 snaps then sat down.  Which is pretty much what he's going to do the next 3 games.

And, where do you get the impression I wanted to keep Schaub?

Misread this part, "all the defenses for Schaub are abut what he contributes off the field",  as actual Football Team "defenses" actually planning for Schaub!  :munch: *lmao*   I'm like.... extremely out of practice here, but am smiling so hard rn!!!  

falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Schaub earns his money because he knows the offense incredibly well.  His value is more coach than player at this point

But during film review and in Ryan’s ear on Sunday, he is valuable

Then we need to tell him he will have a job waiting for him on staff when he retires.

FalconsIn2012 and Kibitzer2017 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He is like Kubiak behind Elway.  More coach than player.  

But the group is significantly worse with just Ryan and Benkert

Ryan / Benkert / Sanu.  Kroy Bierman, a former defensive player for the Falcons can f'n come on as a punter (I watched this live in the GA Dome)  then I'm just assuming we can move players around.  I also am a big Sanu fan, and believe he could likely both pass the ball, and catch it in the same play.  But I'm biased. Srsly, Schaub does not need to be on the QB roster.  Rather pickup Bortles or some other available, if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put the best 53 on the field if that means Benkert over Schaub then so be it. Giving Vets a pass just cuz they’re vets is what led to Smitty’s demise. Clearly Benkert was the better player tonight. If that carries through the end of game 3 then how could anyone reasonably argue keeping schaub over Benkert

Kibitzer2017 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He is like Kubiak behind Elway.  More coach than player.  

But the group is significantly worse with just Ryan and Benkert

If Schaub continues to play like he did tonight, no it's not. You have to be able to contribute on the field. The Schaub we saw tonight would not be able to come into a game and contribute to a win.

If Schaub plays like he did tonight the rest of the preseason, I'll be really surprised if he makes the final 53.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If Schaub continues to play like he did tonight, no it's not. You have to be able to contribute on the field. The Schaub we saw tonight would not be able to come into a game and contribute to a win.

If Schaub plays like he did tonight the rest of the preseason, I'll be really surprised if he makes the final 53.

 

 

 

Agreed.  Can't even recall the last time I saw him play "lights out", but it would've been w/the Texans.  Btw, my opinions expressed in this thread are "cumulative" and not at all impulsive.  Parents will understand the metaphor of roots and wings, easily.   So yeah.... kicked out of the nest once, but then welcomed back home, to do what?  Wait on a chance for Mack to step on his foot?   Joking aside, just do not see him as part of the current equation for building a winning team. Promise I'm not gut-reacting for this one game.  Watched and rooted for him for a long time.  But when your team finally has an obviously elite QB, he's NOT the next guy up you want.  Hate a Taint, but they're not setup too badly for this situation.  And well, we just ain't so much so right now.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt even if they want to cut him they would before we finished the other four games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benkert played really well. He's mobile and he throws with zip on the ball. It's past time for the Falcons to start grooming a young QB.

My real question is why did DQ only carry 3 QBs in training camp especially when there are 5 preseason games to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He is like Kubiak behind Elway.  More coach than player.  

But the group is significantly worse with just Ryan and Benkert

Then let’s hire him as a coach. Dude is washed up at QB, frankly has been for quite some time.

Cole World and jeffro2000 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man i hope Benkert's foot or toe is okay, dude throws a good ball, makes Schaub look really old.

Emmitt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, falconidae said:

If Schaub continues to play like he did tonight, no it's not. You have to be able to contribute on the field. The Schaub we saw tonight would not be able to come into a game and contribute to a win.

If Schaub plays like he did tonight the rest of the preseason, I'll be really surprised if he makes the final 53.

 

 

 

 

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Then let’s hire him as a coach. Dude is washed up at QB, frankly has been for quite some time.

Yeah the Falcons are wasting money paying for someone to be playing like that. Hopefully the line holds up so we won’t have to worry about him playing.

Like I was thinking but @falconidae said in game thread last night. The Falcons could cut Schaub, and if they need him during the season they could sign him back.

Drew4719, falconidae and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benkert looks good. It's just krazy how unlucky & cursed this team really is. We have a young guy who is fast, fun to watch, strong arm, making plays, putting up points, and he gets injured, taken from the game. And we lose with Matt Swab the deck. I hope this bad luck or curse goes away one day. Oh and that touchdown catch Denver got on that winning drive, lol stuff like that never happens to our receivers. Pure Luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kibitzer2017 said:

Wow, I don't remember this game, other than a loss. What happened to Ryan?  Also.... c'mon man.... Schaub has had plenty of chances to show QB1 skills.., and just never has.  Why not just let go of that dream  (as a fan speaking here, I don't care what he does for his next job)?  

I agree man... There is wayyyy more young talent out there. There has 2 be... Matt Swab the deck looks like Fred Sanford trying to throw a football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is wayyyy more young talent out there. There has 2 be... Matt Swab the deck looks like Fred Sanford trying to throw a football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would much rather see Sanu go in at QB if Ryan had to come out for whatever reason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Then let’s hire him as a coach. Dude is washed up at QB, frankly has been for quite some time.

I thought they should have last year, but I think this is an all in year and they must feel his value in Matt’s ear during the week and on Sundays is worth 3 million.

If Ryan gets hurt, Benkert is the starter.  Quinn & company know that. I am sure that’s why they said Benkert was a big priority heading into camp.  

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They stunting his growth to burry him at bottom of depth chart to keep Ryan’s job safe.

This thread smh it was one preseason game. The HOF preseason game at that. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I thought they should have last year, but I think this is an all in year and they must feel his value in Matt’s ear during the week and on Sundays is worth 3 million.

If Ryan gets hurt, Benkert is the starter.  Quinn & company know that. I am sure that’s why they said Benkert was a big priority heading into camp.  

I think Ryan knows way more than Schaub at this point. Not sure what Schaub could say in Ryan's ear that Ryan doesnt already know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now