Monoxide

*** Official Falcons vs Broncos In-Game Thread ***

939 posts in this topic

Just now, LouDog said:

Nobody is gonna trade a QB for a WR straight up. Might have to include a 1st or 2nd round pick to get the deal done.

TD can handle it

LouDog likes this

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

OR not, he might very well have returned if it was a real game. Lets see.

Well see what happens 

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Well see what happens 

Might be a minor sprain, probably wouldn't see him for a couple of weeks anyway. Sucks, was hoping we could win this to get the superstitious among us calmed down. 

VTCrunkler likes this

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Might be a minor sprain, probably wouldn't see him for a couple of weeks anyway. Sucks, was hoping we could win this to get the superstitious among us calmed down. 

Oh. It will take a long time and many playoff wins to calm this place down. 

Jeff George Jr is at Pitt this year. If Benkert is not gonna recover I say trade up to #1 and take the son of the mastur.

1989Fan likes this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Jeff George Jr is at Pitt this year. If Benkert is not gonna recover I say trade up to #1 and take the son of the mastur.

Or wait for Bledsoe’s son. Draft him then he gets hurt and BAM we have the next Tom Brady. 

Jesus, VTCrunkler, Osiruz and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I was referring to the nonsense about what preseason wins and losses tell you about the team.

52 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Can’t blame that one on Schaub. 

Seriously?  Schaub throws the INT that gives them field position instead of being able to kick them deep?  They'd never move the ball enough in two drives without that INT...

16 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Misspelled "Superbowl wins."

52 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

This loss is on DEFENSE.

Just no way you allow that 4th and 13th conversion in NFL with game on line 

Keith Brooking feels your pain.

Missed most of the game while I was at work, but able to watch bits and pieces of it. I just finished reading through this whole thread. Sounds like Lindstrom and Cominsky looked great. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we didn’t get completely bullied on the LOS as per usual in preseason. Hill had some nice runs, and even though it’s only one game, Benkert looked astronomically better than Schaub. Unless Benkert looks terrible the next 4 weeks I’d definitely feel better with him as the backup than Schaub.

I got home in time for the end of the game. It was a comedy of errors reminiscent of an actual Falcons game lol. Broncos get a terrible bail-out PI on a 4th-and-long to keep the game alive, then throw up a prayer on another 4th down that gets deflected by the DB but caught for a miracle TD anyway lol.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

13 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Seriously?  Schaub throws the INT that gives them field position instead of being able to kick them deep?  They'd never move the ball enough in two drives without that INT...

My post was on that current play, not his entire play during the game. On the play I was posting about the entire o-line got massacred and everyone was in Schaubs face. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

My post was on that current play, not his entire play during the game. On the play I was posting about the entire o-line got massacred and everyone was in Schaubs face. 

Do you know why?  Because nobody has to worry about Schaub throwing a competent pass when he's in.  The game immediately changed when he came in.  Safeties immediately can come into the box; they're not needed in pass coverage against Schaub, that's for sure.  And they, the linebackers, EVERYONE can come on the rush, because Schaub CAN NOT beat them...4th stringers...street level talent...5th string camp bodies...Schaub can't beat them.  What is going to happen if he gets in a game against...you know...NFL players?

5 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Missed most of the game while I was at work, but able to watch bits and pieces of it. I just finished reading through this whole thread. Sounds like Lindstrom and Cominsky looked great. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we didn’t get completely bullied on the LOS as per usual in preseason. Hill had some nice runs, and even though it’s only one game, Benkert looked astronomically better than Schaub. Unless Benkert looks terrible the next 4 weeks I’d definitely feel better with him as the backup than Schaub.

I got home in time for the end of the game. It was a comedy of errors reminiscent of an actual Falcons game lol. Broncos get a terrible bail-out PI on a 4th-and-long to keep the game alive, then throw up a prayer on another 4th down that gets deflected by the DB but caught for a miracle TD anyway lol.

Kinda pissed at Quinn that he didn't challenge that 4th and forever automatic first down bogus PI call...

“We call those 50-50 balls. Both guys have a chance. We want to make sure on 50-50 balls that it goes 100 percent of the time in our favor.”

Go home, Coach.  You're drunk.

29 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Kinda pissed at Quinn that he didn't challenge that 4th and forever automatic first down bogus PI call...

No timeouts. 

3 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Moves pretty well for his size. He's a fluid athlete and that could be a great addition for the DL.

He's clearly a baller that's going to be a great player for us. Yet another late-round draft master-stroke by Quinn and TD. This D is going to be so much fun to watch this season.

6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is how misconceptions begin. :ninja: 

Dude, I've watched this kid since he transferred to Ohio U. I've seen his game for years.

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

I wonder why the Graham guy got more reps than Saubert. 

Cause Saubert has a spot, looking to see how these young guys respond to actual game play.

6 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Or wait for Bledsoe’s son. Draft him then he gets hurt and BAM we have the next Tom Brady. 

:tiphat:

6 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Misspelled "Superbowl wins."

Super Bowls are a part of the playoffs , no?

13 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Cause Saubert has a spot, looking to see how these young guys respond to actual game play.

Saubert hasn’t shown me much since he’s been drafted.