Cole World

Sean Weatherspoon on Vic Beasley

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

People also ignore Vic had 4 sacks his first 6 games in 2017.  The quad tear they foolishly rested just 3 weeks derailed his year.  And once Irvin came in Week 10 last year, the defense settled a bit and Vic had 4 sacks the final 7 games.  Easily could have had 7-8 in those 7 games.

10-12 sacks is the expectation for both Vic & Takk this year.  If they can get us 20 or more, we will be in very good shape

People hate Vic to hate Vic.  You’re wasting your time with facts.

17 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I can picture it now...

giphy.gif

and it's MEANNNNNNN!!!! 

Oh man,, best clip of the Boards history!!  That rolled me over.. !! Thanks  :lol:

37 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Fact, he did not have any of those sacks he "could have had" in both 2017 and 2018. Fact, he is the worst rated player at his position in 2018 and bottom 5 in 2017. Again, these are facts. People hate him because he is a terrible football player, that gives less(much less) than 100% on the field, not because of the person and this is a football forum. 

Judging from your pathetic handle (coach catchphrase) you’re nothing but a bitter, negative **** stirring troll.  Hating to hate. 

Someone needs to hang this in Vick's locker to fire him up before a game.

Image result for country music sucks poster

22 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Classic case of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

4-5 sacks and 200 worthless spin moves incoming for 2019.

Last year was like rushing three even though it looked like four. The Offensive Lineman would leave Beasley spinning in-place, like a top, to go block someone else trying to get at the QB.

Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I thought my previous post you replied to was funnier than you apparently did....:ninja:

Off to the penalty box of shame with me....20 minutes for missed rhetorical humor.

SLV3.5

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

What will we be recanting exactly? Fact, he has sucked 3 of 4 seasons and simply abysmal the past 2. So, if a guy making nearly 13 million a year gets 10 sacks, is that not expected for an insane salary like that? I mean he doesn't help in any other way at all, is the furthest thing from a complete player, yet we are supposed to ignore 3 of 4 years and if he does trip into double digit sacks the past does not count???

He was pretty bad last year, I agree with that. But to be fair, Quinn had him replace Riley at LBer 2nd half of 2017 and he unselfishly played well in that role. We don’t make playoffs in 2017 if not for VB stepping up there.

Godzilla1985 likes this

On 8/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

Just heard Sean Weatherspoon tore his Achilles’ tendon writing this tweet.  LOL jk

Hope VB gets back to form this season. 

What form is that, exactly?  He has been a let down since he has been drafted, especially against quality opponents.

Spts1 likes this

14 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Judging from your pathetic handle (coach catchphrase) you’re nothing but a bitter, negative **** stirring troll.  Hating to hate. 

He’s right.  PFF graded him as the worst at his position.  I am an overly optimistic person, and defend almost every player on this team.  Beasley isn’t one of them because he isn’t good.  Make all the excuses you want, he has been a huge let down based on where he was drafted.  He has played like a 4-5 round draft pick, not eighth overall.

Flying Falcon and Spts1 like this

Ol sean was so much better the the beasnuss. He showed great potential and was on his way to becoming a great OLB in the NFL. He wants to see Beasley succeed like we all do and also because apparently he sees some of himself in Beasley but I'm sure it would stroke his ego a bit to hear Beasley is nowhere near as good as spoon.

20 hours ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Fact, he did not have any of those sacks he "could have had" in both 2017 and 2018. Fact, he is the worst rated player at his position in 2018 and bottom 5 in 2017. Again, these are facts. People hate him because he is a terrible football player, that gives less(much less) than 100% on the field, not because of the person and this is a football forum. 

They rather trade Julio and keep Beasley cause he got " potential "...

18 hours ago, Vandy said:

He was pretty bad last year, I agree with that. But to be fair, Quinn had him replace Riley at LBer 2nd half of 2017 and he unselfishly played well in that role. We don’t make playoffs in 2017 if not for VB stepping up there.

Which is WHY I said Quinn done got slick and switched to a 3-4 defense. Hes thrown his hands up trying to get this bunch to play on the line and has switched to a scheme that allows Vick to play linebacker full time...

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

19 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Last year was like rushing three even though it looked like four. The Offensive Lineman would leave Beasley spinning in-place, like a top, to go block someone else trying to get at the QB.

Quinn saw that too and has switched to a 3-4 defense...:lol:

Cheap Talk and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

The problem is that Beasley is brutal in space and does not have the agility in coverage situations. We have tried the Beasley at with his hand on the ground, wide 9 alignment, 3-4 alignment and it's the same story. Sadly, the only thing he seem capable at is being a spy on mobile QB's. Even that it's more a perception thing with guys like Rodger, Wilson, ect. For a true case of indigestion watch our last regular season game against Seattle where we "used "Beasley as a QB spy. Then last year in particular he was getting rolled by RB's, I think a 30's something Peterson ran right through him and I swear 5'7" 30 something year old Darren Sproles rolled him for a crucial 1st down.

I just created a thread breaking down how Quinn will use his linebackers.  The outside linebackers will rush the quarterback.  I like your post because its why I created the thread so that we can LEARN the system, but according to TATF resident contrarian @ya_boi_j  threads like what I created are pointless...

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I just created a thread breaking down how Quinn will use his linebackers.  The outside linebackers will rush the quarterback.  I like your post because its why I created the thread so that we can LEARN the system, but according to TATF resident contrarian @ya_boi_j  threads like what I created are pointless...

Aw poor guys feelings are hurt over absolutely nothing. Trust me, you’ll be okay

10 hours ago, rings639 said:

What form is that, exactly?  He has been a let down since he has been drafted, especially against quality opponents.

The form of where he led the league in sacks. 

On 8/2/2019 at 11:16 AM, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Well, why are you using Quinns pic for your username,, Cause he totally disagrees with what you think about Vic... Don't believe me, , Google what he thinks,, you'll see you may want to use another person. It's like daylight to dark in his opinion of Beasley,,, 

Godzilla1985 likes this

Im predicting 6.5 sacks  Vics a good dude and all but he has  no fire at all -I would be okay with letting him walk next off season regardless of what he does in 19, Im more excited to see what Cominsky brings I hope he morphs into Patrick Kerney

6 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

The form of where he led the league in sacks. 

He converted an insanely high amount of his pressures into sacks that year, it was clear then it wasn’t repeatable.  Pressure rate is far more predictable of future success.  It was obvious he had to come back down closer to the mean, just didn’t think he would fall below it for two years.  Sacks are great and all, and an easier stat to track, but people think he was better than he actually was that year because of his sack total, which was a down year across the league.  They have tracked sacks since 99 and 15.5 is tied for the lowest amount for the league leader.  

Again, I’m a very positive person, and will gladly eat crow if he turns it around, but I’m also realistic and in his four seasons if we want to talk sacks are 4, 15.5, 5 & 5.  One of those isn’t like the other.  I think he will be in the 6-8 range this year because Quinn will scheme him stunts to get some cleanup sacks Im sure.  I have more hope in Takk breaking out this year than Vic.

5 hours ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Ok, I don't like Dan Quinn as a head coach?? Happy? Personally, I don't care what he think because he has proved to be very wrong on many occasions!

I don't like the rah rah mantra's, "catch phrase" BS, he is an indisputable brutal in game manager, and the so called defensive "genius" has far from surfaced in his 4 years in Atlanta. Which makes one ask the question....Who's defense was it in Seattle, Pete Carroll's, Gus Bradley, or Dan Quinn? 

Different thread and topic all together.

I asked the same thing. His or Bradley's? I think the latter.

5 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

Im predicting 6.5 sacks  Vics a good dude and all but he has  no fire at all -I would be okay with letting him walk next off season regardless of what he does in 19, Im more excited to see what Cominsky brings I hope he morphs into Patrick Kerney

Well, as I say all the time,, I'm just glad the fans are not in charge of this team,, We would be dirt. Really and truly ,, Vic could have a probowl  year and still have maybe 3 or 4 sacks,, His tackling alone could make him a pro bowler .. Say it all the time.. It's not how many sacks you have,, it's the entire work, I'd rather him lead in tackles than to lead in sacks.:munch:

falconsd56 and Godzilla1985 like this

5 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, as I say all the time,, I'm just glad the fans are not in charge of this team,, We would be dirt. Really and truly ,, Vic could have a probowl  year and still have maybe 3 or 4 sacks,, His tackling alone could make him a pro bowler .. Say it all the time.. It's not how many sacks you have,, it's the entire work, I'd rather him lead in tackles than to lead in sacks.:munch:

Call it whatever stat you want, he was the worst graded player from PFF at his position last year.  We can debate rankings or grades from them all day, but they know a lot more and see more than most of our fan base.  My eyes told me he played horrid last year, their grade just confirmed that for me.

Flying Falcon likes this

39 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Call it whatever stat you want, he was the worst graded player from PFF at his position last year.  We can debate rankings or grades from them all day, but they know a lot more and see more than most of our fan base.  My eyes told me he played horrid last year, their grade just confirmed that for me.

No they really don't.

Those flucking idiots made a video that essentially said that anyone can play ss in the NFL.