Cole World

Sean Weatherspoon on Vic Beasley

89 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Weatherspoon was a favorite, our last 1st round LB if I recall?

Yep. Here is Weatherspoon at his rookie signing with his agent:

t4kVPhB.gif

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Vic will make many a Falcons fan recant their negative talk after he gets 12 sacks this year.

Most of us would be glad he proved us wrong.

He still has to do it though.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
CrimsonFalcon likes this

I agree with spoon. I feel better this year about VB for 3 reasons.

1. Quinn’s aggressive play calling tendencies 

2. The different looks they’ll be rushing from. 3-4, 5-2, and the usual 4-3 under. 

3. Playing more aggressive press man cover 1 on the backend. 

Cole World, Vandy, Drew4719 and 2 others like this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

2. The different looks they’ll be rushing from. 3-4, 5-2, and the usual 4-3 under. 

Those 3 could be the remedy....but he got to want it...do what he needs to do to maximize his abilities....

If he does.....:munch:

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Those 3 could be the remedy....but he got to want it...do what he needs to do to maximize his abilities....

If he does.....:munch:

I think he does and will. Ppl don’t take in account that they’ve been d*cking around with him and the defense. 2017 he was backing up in coverage. Last year they just weren’t aggressive and again still not featuring him right. If they just turn him lose and let him play HIS game he’ll get back to 2016. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I think he does and will. Ppl don’t take in account that they’ve been d*cking around with him and the defense. 2017 he was backing up in coverage. Last year they just weren’t aggressive and again still not featuring him right. If they just turn him lose and let him play HIS game he’ll get back to 2016. 

True....and I hope so....

I always thought they should feature him in obvious pass downs...keep him fresh...and unleash him in the 4th ..

Problem with that is...what the **** is that....offenses are so unpredictable these days....they run when they should pass and vise versa....

So I say find a way to keep him fresh...theres no way any tackle can compete with a fresh Vic in the 4th....

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

People don’t realize how easily he could have had 10 sacks last year.  It was almost a fluke he didn’t.

Spoon is on point. Most around here don't get it, because they're Stuck On Stats. Quinn has to stop trying all of this other creative BS, and just let him be a pass rusher. He had his best season in 2016, and he was playing in pass coverage the next season.

Godzilla1985 and JDaveG like this

4 hours ago, athell said:

Heck, imagine the player if you combined Takk's play style with Vic's body...Vic has all the physical tools...he is an amazing physical specimen.  He just plays soft and seems content with where he is as a player.

We all know where he is as a player.. In the tunnel headed to the locker room 

athell likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Vic will make many a Falcons fan recant their negative talk after he gets 12 sacks this year.

Be awesome for this years team. he would not be resigned tho regardless

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

5 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I somewhat agree, but I'm thinking more like 7 sacks.

The #1 problem with Vic Measley (intended) is not the number of sacks he does or doesn't make. It's the fact that when he isn't making a sack, he's completely invisible and worthless. Even in his one big year, he would have one or two splash plays, and whole quarters of absolute nothingness.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

At this point, id feel better if DK was our head coach and Quinn was our DC.. I understand Quinn is still running the team, but how do you let players come into a game situation so unprepared even if they will all be cut? 

Wow. Looks like you killed this thread.

9 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Classic case of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

4-5 sacks and 200 worthless spin moves incoming for 2019.

Ray Edwards, Jr.

12 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think he’ll get 8.

Only way he gets 12 is if we trade Ty to Bucs or panthers. :ninja:

vel likes this

Mike Bell from 929 the Game sports talk radio said," He would get a tattoo of Vic Bealsey on hit buttocks if Vic had 10+ sacks"

Godzilla1985 likes this

12 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

People also ignore Vic had 4 sacks his first 6 games in 2017.  The quad tear they foolishly rested just 3 weeks derailed his year.  And once Irvin came in Week 10 last year, the defense settled a bit and Vic had 4 sacks the final 7 games.  Easily could have had 7-8 in those 7 games.

10-12 sacks is the expectation for both Vic & Takk this year.  If they can get us 20 or more, we will be in very good shape

Godzilla1985 likes this

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I think he’ll get 8.

Only way he gets 12 is if we trade Ty to Bucs or panthers. :ninja:

8 would be ok.  But if  Vic & Ty play as poorly as you expect, it will be a long year

Vandy likes this

18 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

We'll get our money's worth,, don't want to guess what he will do,, But , I'll just say this,, He will be a big part of this much improved D#, 

You think there’s any chance he’s a Falcon after this season? 

14 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

You think there’s any chance he’s a Falcon after this season? 

I'd be shocked if he isn't..  He's a OLB who rushes on certain plays.. And yes.. he'll get his share of blitz,, But now that we have a much better group of DEs, they will get more chances to gather Sack numbers.

Monoxide likes this

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'd be shocked if he isn't..

I’m with you. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas. I think he has a solid year and is brought back.

Draftnut57 likes this

3 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

I’m with you. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas. I think he has a solid year and is brought back.

I got to get busy ,, but I'm a little stoked for the season. I didn't see a L last night,  I saw a win.. in that the sky is the limit for this team,, after years of knowing what the FO is trying to do in the preseason ,, To find the players that will start..and who needs to sit , watch, and learn. WE have a great team in Vets and Rookies and 2nd year palyers as well, Best group of talent on this team ever IMO. To me,, if our Coaches figure out who should be on First , Second , and third strings,, We will have a year to remember.

Monoxide likes this