ATLBrave

Reds @ Braves

744 posts in this topic

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

The guy knows what he’s doing

Also just said that they got the Chris Martin deal done early because he was under the radar of other teams. Didn't jump in on the Greene deal until at the end after the market settled some. Didn't start talking to the Tigers was around 1 pm. Been talking about Melancon since May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

AA is on the broadcast and just said he was more aggressive on the trade market and gave up more than he was willing to do in years past because there's no more August trades.

I havent listened to alot of his inteviews but he's being refreshingly frank for a front office guy. Think i got used to Demitrioff always falling back into  safe corporate speak and blowing smoke up everyones azzes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Tomlin is our long relief guy so I doubt he goes. They could option Webb back to AAA till September if they wanted. Riley down for Swanson.

Yeah that's why I don't see Tomlin going down. I think what you said on Blevins and Riley going down for Dansby and Webb in some way is probably what will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I havent listened to alot of his inteviews but he's being refreshingly frank for a front office guy. Think i got used to Demitrioff always falling back into  safe corporate speak and blowing smoke up everyones azzes.

Anthopolous is always very transparent. He openly told us on the broadcast last week he was shopping for bullpen arms. He prides himself on being accountable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Also just said that they got the Chris Martin deal done early because he was under the radar of other teams. Didn't jump in on the Greene deal until at the end after the market settled some. Didn't start talking to the Tigers was around 1 pm. Been talking about Melancon since May.

Wow. Had no idea on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tl;dr said:

Wow. Had no idea on this

That goes back to Anthopolous being known as a secretive guy. He locks down all trade talks and anything of that sort. Nobody had the Braves in on anyone they acquired except some rumors about Greene.

Drew4719 and tl;dr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I turned on the HOF game for a bit and I surely hope the Falcons OL doesn't have many injuries lol

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah I turned on the HOF game for a bit and I surely hope the Falcons OL doesn't have many injuries lol

I watched the one drive and turned it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah I turned on the HOF game for a bit and I surely hope the Falcons OL doesn't have many injuries lol

Yeah, I changed it back to the Braves. That first series on O was sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that talk of signing Kimbrel, has anyone checked his numbers? The late start to the season was not kind to him. Through 13 games his ERA is 6.17, hes walked 8 in 11.2 IP and has a whip of 1.71. Teams were afraid of a long term deal because of his increasing walk rate.

Drew4719 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I watched the one drive and turned it off.

 

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, I changed it back to the Braves. That first series on O was sad. 

There is pretty much no one important playing so I'm not reading too much into it at all. Defense is getting carved up right now though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tl;dr said:

 

There is pretty much no one important playing so I'm not reading too much into it at all. Defense is getting carved up right now though

We always look horrible in PS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tl;dr said:

 

There is pretty much no one important playing so I'm not reading too much into it at all. Defense is getting carved up right now though

One reason I turned it off. A lot of the guys playing aren't going to be around in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

All that talk of signing Kimbrel, has anyone checked his numbers? The late start to the season was not kind to him. Through 13 games his ERA is 6.17, hes walked 8 in 11.2 IP and has a whip of 1.71. Teams were afraid of a long term deal because of his increasing walk rate.

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now