Jump to content

Kaleb McGary to have heart procedure per team


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome. I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular nod

He's young and a rookie. Don't rush him back. This is a heart, not a hammy. 

Thank you.  I've been looking in occasionally, I just don't have much heart to post right now.   But thank you for the hug.  It's a struggle every day, but I will keep striving to reach a new normal i

1 minute ago, caponine said:

I dont even know you lol if your heart is beating too fast it decreases the blood that can get to your heart and will lead to heart disease 

Dude, I literally read EKGs and notice arrhythmias with my eyes closed everyday, plus deal with cardiac clearances and do long cases with patients with a fib. Please tell me more. 

Edited by droopy1592
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

You quoted me saying it 

I guess I don’t know what you are saying.  There are different degrees and multiple kinds of a-fib.  Each type can be valvular or non-valvular impacting the treatment

Paroxysmal AF

Persistent AF

Long standing persistent  AF

Each has a different recovery and risks.  No?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I guess I don’t know what you are saying.  There are different degrees and multiple kinds of a-fib.

Paroxysmal AF

Persistent AF

Long standing persistent  AF

Each has a different recovery and risks.  No?

 More likely than not, he has paroxysmal. He wouldn’t be in the nfl otherwise. It comes and goes and rarely leads to RVR (rapid ventricular rate which @caponine seems to think is the base of afib) but if he had a spell of RVR it’s what led to the feeling of being ill on the field. He’s not going to have a heart attack, as afib doesn’t lead to this. Afib leads to strokes and pulmonary embolisms which both can be fatal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, octoslash said:

That's fair to say about Ty, but are you saying you're more confident with McGary who's never played a big league down?  

No..it's saying I was hoping that Mcgary would develop enough in preseason to beat out Ty . Ty is not a starting NFL tackle. A stop gap measure at best. Ty has already proven he's not a starter. Let's give McGary a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, caponine said:

Did you not hear what @FalconsIn2020 just said. He has severe a fib. If you get a heart of 300 beats per minute that basically means your dead. NFL football is much more demanding. It's way different from college. 

Did you not read what I just posted? Dr.,who was a NFL's team Dr. for 17 years, described it as a routine minor procedure. 

Really like @FalconsIn2020 posts, doubt very much he has a medical degree and/or access to Calebs records.

I'll grant you that McGary's case may be much different than Samuels, but, here's the thing. may not be.

As I said earlier, all for taking care of the man, life is more important than football, Caleb can sit out as long as he needs to, ####, if it turns out that what he needs to do is retire, I'm OK with that too, for McGary [ will suck for the team].

Falcons obviously knew about this and decided it was worth the risk to draft him, that means they don't expect it to be life threatening, or career threatening. Could they have been wrong? Sure. But, I think we'll see McGary back on the field in a month or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, caponine said:

I dont even know you lol if your heart is beating too fast it decreases the blood that can get to your heart and will lead to heart disease 

Lol and this is a totally misinformed statement. Afib gives you a bit less (25%) less cardiac output due to the absence of atrial kick. Instead of the heart having full output the atrium isn’t helping the ventricle like it should because it’s too busy shaking like a crackhead and not conducting properly. This doesn’t really affect the blood supplying the heart because the heart gets perfused during diastole, when the heart isn’t really beating momentarily. Heart disease is totally irrelevant to this convo other than heart disease can cause afib. You have it backwards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

 More likely than not, he has paroxysmal. He wouldn’t be in the nfl otherwise. It comes and goes and rarely leads to RVR (rapid ventricular rate which @caponine seems to think is the base of afib) but if he had a spell of RVR it’s what led to the feeling of being ill on the field. He’s not going to have a heart attack, as afib doesn’t lead to this. Afib leads to strokes and pulmonary embolisms which both can be fatal.

The article 20 posted said his issue isn't life threatening. Are they taking into account he could have strokes like you said, are they ignoring them all together, or does this change what you think he has?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

Lol and this is a totally misinformed statement. Afib gives you a bit less (25%) less cardiac output due to the absence of atrial kick. Instead of the heart having full output the atrium isn’t helping the ventricle like it should because it’s too busy shaking like a crackhead and not conducting properly. This doesn’t really affect the blood supplying the heart because the heart gets perfused during diastole, when the heart isn’t really beating momentarily. Heart disease is totally irrelevant to this convo other than heart disease can cause afib. You have it backwards. 

I'm talking about heart arrhythmia mainly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Did you not read what I just posted? Dr.,who was a NFL's team Dr. for 17 years, described it as a routine minor procedure. 

Really like @FalconsIn2020 posts, doubt very much he has a medical degree and/or access to Calebs records.

I'll grant you that McGary's case may be much different than Samuels, but, here's the thing. may not be.

As I said earlier, all for taking care of the man, life is more important than football, Caleb can sit out as long as he needs to, ####, if it turns out that what he needs to do is retire, I'm OK with that too, for McGary [ will suck for the team].

Falcons obviously knew about this and decided it was worth the risk to draft him, that means they don't expect it to be life threatening, or career threatening. Could they have been wrong? Sure. But, I think we'll see McGary back on the field in a month or two.

I wouldn’t totally call that routine, because sometimes we have to chemically stop the heart completely in order to perform the ablation. It is a minor procedure though, and recovery is easy. The problem is the success rate of the procedure. That’s what we should be worried about. @caponine has no idea what he’s talking about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

I wouldn’t totally call that routine, because sometimes we have to chemically stop the heart completely in order to perform the ablation. It is a minor procedure though, and recovery is easy. The problem is the success rate of the procedure. That’s what we should be worried about. @caponine has no idea what he’s talking about. 

So, seems like that they can perform this procedure and he might not need another one for the rest of his career. Is that correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

 More likely than not, he has paroxysmal. He wouldn’t be in the nfl otherwise. It comes and goes and rarely leads to RVR (rapid ventricular rate which @caponine seems to think is the base of afib) but if he had a spell of RVR it’s what led to the feeling of being ill on the field. He’s not going to have a heart attack, as afib doesn’t lead to this. Afib leads to strokes and pulmonary embolisms which both can be fatal.

Why are multiple ablation required?  For an athlete, that must be rare.  Are they simply not identifying the root cause

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The article 20 posted said his issue isn't life threatening. Are they taking into account he could have strokes like you said, are they ignoring them all together, or does this change what you think he has?

 The persistent a fib is what leads to strokes.   I’m sure he doesn’t have that. Paroxysmal not so much. The problem is when he exerts himself during practice and the game, and his a fib strikes (paroxysmal means we don’t know what precipitates the event) when his heart rate is already high, this can lead to rapid ventricular rate during the transient afib, which was what will make him feel like *** and even faint or collapse momentarily. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Lol and this is a totally misinformed statement. Afib gives you a bit less (25%) less cardiac output due to the absence of atrial kick. Instead of the heart having full output the atrium isn’t helping the ventricle like it should because it’s too busy shaking like a crackhead and not conducting properly. This doesn’t really affect the blood supplying the heart because the heart gets perfused during diastole, when the heart isn’t really beating momentarily. Heart disease is totally irrelevant to this convo other than heart disease can cause afib. You have it backwards. 

If you know like you say you do then u should know heart arrhythmias can lead to heart attacks. There are less serious arrthymias and more severe ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Did you not read what I just posted? Dr.,who was a NFL's team Dr. for 17 years, described it as a routine minor procedure. 

Really like @FalconsIn2020 posts, doubt very much he has a medical degree and/or access to Calebs records.

I'll grant you that McGary's case may be much different than Samuels, but, here's the thing. may not be.

As I said earlier, all for taking care of the man, life is more important than football, Caleb can sit out as long as he needs to, ####, if it turns out that what he needs to do is retire, I'm OK with that too, for McGary [ will suck for the team].

Falcons obviously knew about this and decided it was worth the risk to draft him, that means they don't expect it to be life threatening, or career threatening. Could they have been wrong? Sure. But, I think we'll see McGary back on the field in a month or two.

Very true.  I have absolutely no training or education in the field.  I’ve read up on it but I am mostly going off logic.  The fact it’s recurring is the concern.  The procedure not so much

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...