Kaleb McGary to have heart procedure per team

Just now, Cheap Talk said:

Glad you are here to provide the moral high-ground we have all been so sadly lacking. Where would the world be without this this kind of intervention from folks like you?

Not sure but it's better than risking a man's life just so you can cheer. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome. I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular nod

He's young and a rookie. Don't rush him back. This is a heart, not a hammy. 

Thank you.  I've been looking in occasionally, I just don't have much heart to post right now.   But thank you for the hug.  It's a struggle every day, but I will keep striving to reach a new normal i

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cardiac-ablation/about/pac-20384993

Depending on your condition, you may be able to go home the same day as your procedure, or you may need to stay in the hospital. If you go home the same day, plan to have someone else drive you home after your procedure.

You may feel a little sore after your procedure, but the soreness shouldn't last more than a week. You'll usually be able to return to your normal activities within a few days after having cardiac ablation.

=========================================================================

This doesn't sound too bad.  If all goes well it sounds like he'll probably be out for a few weeks given that his work isn't exactly normal, every day moving around and sitting.  He is a strong, tough kid.  I'm sure he'll be ok.  Take care of yourself big guy!

Yeah... he’s a lineman in the NFL.

Add in practice, lifting weights, playing in games his heart is pounding for hours at a time.

That timetable is for a normal person doing normal things.

Playing in the NFL is not a normal activity.

Thats saying he can get out of bed and go to the toilet normally... not run wind sprints for a couple of hours every day.

1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cardiac-ablation/about/pac-20384993

Depending on your condition, you may be able to go home the same day as your procedure, or you may need to stay in the hospital. If you go home the same day, plan to have someone else drive you home after your procedure.

You may feel a little sore after your procedure, but the soreness shouldn't last more than a week. You'll usually be able to return to your normal activities within a few days after having cardiac ablation.

=========================================================================

This doesn't sound too bad.  If all goes well it sounds like he'll probably be out for a few weeks given that his work isn't exactly normal, every day moving around and sitting.  He is a strong, tough kid.  I'm sure he'll be ok.  Take care of yourself big guy!

Playing football isn't "normal activities". 

27 minutes ago, vel said:

This is from his draft profile:

• Has been medically cleared to play with heart arrhythmia issue but will need to pass NFL medicals.
He's played with it in college. He was cleared to play with it in the pros. You literally have no info other than he's getting this procedure done. We don't know the severity or if it's even life threatening or a preventive procedure. 

It was a calculated risk. I don’t think they drafted Kaleb thinking he would not suffer any episodes the next 10 years.  He has had 3 heart surgeries in 5 years.  This can’t be a shock to the club IMO.

The good news is Ty should be even better than last year since Lindstrom is a significant upgrade at Guard next to him.  Kaleb can take his time...

55 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome.

I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular node and if he hit that of course I’m gone. 

Kaleb will be fine I run and lift 6 days a week and after the 2nd procedure I was back at it after the week, although I felt good after 3 days.

Where do they enter the body for this procedure?   Femoral artery, like a heart cath?  

43 minutes ago, athell said:

Repeat ablations means his heart rhythm can't stay in balance.  Wonder if he is suffering from a-fib.  Hoping for the best for the kid, but you don't want to hear any news about the heart.  Get better Kaleb.

surprised the two previous procedures didn't cause more of a red flag for Kaleb in draft process.    Obviously our Falcon docs had to sign off on drafting him.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

surprised the two previous procedures didn't cause more of a red flag for Kaleb in draft process.    Obviously our Falcon docs had to sign off on drafting him.

Didn't they strike Maurice Hurst from their boards for his heart issue?  Or am I making that up...

1 minute ago, athell said:

Didn't they strike Maurice Hurst from their boards for his heart issue?  Or am I making that up...

I don't recall if the Falcons specifically did - but I know a lot of NFL teams had reportedly taken him off their respective draft boards.  Not sure the differences in the heart issues.

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It was a calculated risk. I don’t think they drafted Kaleb thinking he would not suffer any episodes the next 10 years.  He has had 3 heart surgeries in 5 years.  This can’t be a shock to the club IMO.

The good news is Ty should be even better than last year since Lindstrom is a significant upgrade at Guard next to him.  Kaleb can take his time...

Agreed. Not just that, I don't think they wanted to play two rookies next to each other and have seen enough of Ty the last two years to be comfortable with him at RT. Remember he spot started in 2017 and then played in 2018. So I'm not overly worried. Figured he'd start the season anyway. 

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Agreed. Not just that, I don't think they wanted to play two rookies next to each other and have seen enough of Ty the last two years to be comfortable with him at RT. Remember he spot started in 2017 and then played in 2018. So I'm not overly worried. Figured he'd start the season anyway. 

We both figured it was Ty’s spot to lose.  Honestly, we moved up and added a 5th year, so let him fully recover. Those catheter valves can be damaged by constant violent blows to the chest

Good luck young man!  Praying for you.

My son has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and has had to have heart ablations done more than once.   He's usually down and out for a week or so - then he starts bouncing back.

He doesn't however, have the same strenuous job activities, so give the young man time to heal.   

Just now, falconidae said:

Yeah, footbal IS a normal activity for Caleb.

Curtis Samuel had the same thing done last year for the Panthers.  Missed a couple of games because it happened right before the season started. Was fine otherwise.

Do you know how many football players die each year from undetected heart issues/ problems. After he gets it treated ofc , but still have to br cautious