Kaleb McGary to have heart procedure per team

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome. I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular nod

He's young and a rookie. Don't rush him back. This is a heart, not a hammy. 

Thank you.  I've been looking in occasionally, I just don't have much heart to post right now.   But thank you for the hug.  It's a struggle every day, but I will keep striving to reach a new normal i

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

For Kaleb I would accept that. I don't accept that for Ty

Understand, but , If Ty and Stocker keep Ryan upright until Caleb gets there, I'm good.

Makes Free being healthy even more important. If the run game is working, Ryan can keep the DLine on their heels with play action. Really help the tackles particularly.

Sucks for Caleb, that's 2 months of work he needed to get up to speed. 

Just now, falconidae said:

Understand, but , If Ty and Stocker keep Ryan upright until Caleb gets there, I'm good.

Makes Free being healthy even more important. If the run game is working, Ryan can keep the DLine on their heels with play action. Really help the tackles particularly.

Sucks for Caleb, that's 2 months of work he needed to get up to speed. 

I get that. I just don't agree that a veteran entering his 5th year should need that type of support. But then again he's best suited as a backup so I won't hold that against him

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get that. I just don't agree that a veteran entering his 5th year should need that type of support. But then again he's best suited as a backup so I won't hold that against him

He doesn't have that much experience starting. He's only started 6 games for the Falcons, 13 games over 4 years. We'll see, he may have developed to the point where he can stand alone against the non elite DEs he'll face.

Just now, falconidae said:

He doesn't have that much experience starting. He's only started 6 games for the Falcons, 13 games over 4 years. We'll see, he may have developed to the point where he can stand alone against the non elite DEs he'll face.

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I have no problem with Ty sarting at RT for the time being. He was a noticeable upgrade over Schreader last year and have to think he will only get better. Kaleb wasn't going to be starter week 1 regardless of the injury imo, so I'm not really panicking. Kaleb's long term health is much more valuable than whatever marginal improvement he hypothetically could have given us over TY at RT for the first few weeks of 2019. Let the young man take as long as he absolutely needs to be 100%, heart issues for a man his size are no joke.... PS-This is the reason we "overspent" on the offensive line this year

14 minutes ago, falconidae said:

They signed Stocker so that he could help support whoever was at RT. 

Exactly this. Let’s Hooper be more receiving focused.

Falcons are built to have a run game protect the OL from all day pass rushers like 2018.

No telling if Ty wouldn’t beat Kaleb to start the season anyway.

This is why re-signing Ty after a solid end to the year on essentially a 1 year was a no-brainer.

That said, glad Kaleb is getting this handled now and can come back and be ready at the right time. Hopefully he won’t have to start this year if the line does well but if he taps into his potential I can see him taking over if Ty falters at all.

32 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons announced rookie offensive lineman Kaleb McGary will undergo a cardiac ablation procedure Wednesday afternoon.

The minimally-invasive procedure is similar to two previous procedures McGary has undergone in his playing career and a potential recovery timetable is expected following the procedure. It's worth noting, too, that McGary was cleared by NFL medical testing to participate in the scouting combine, which took place in late February and early March.

26 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Hope he can get back to playing soon.  The only reason I did not eval him in the offseason was the heart stuff.   Felt stupid that I didn't as it seemed like it was a non-issue at Washington.  Hate to hear it's still an issue.  Get well big fella.  I didn't expect Kaleb to start but I'm pretty sure Ty Sambarillo is no the answer for the team.

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome.

I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular node and if he hit that of course I’m gone. 

Kaleb will be fine I run and lift 6 days a week and after the 2nd procedure I was back at it after the week, although I felt good after 3 days.

28 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Kaleb has the same thing I have which is Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome.

I had the procedure twice within a 15 day period. The Doc can’t fix the issue cause it to close to my Atrioventricular node and if he hit that of course I’m gone. 

Kaleb will be fine I run and lift 6 days a week and after the 2nd procedure I was back at it after the week, although I felt good after 3 days.

Good info. Also, very glad you’re healthy bro. 

33 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Makes the pick look worse honestly. It won't be the end all be all, but gotta think the draft capital could have been used better in the short term. 

Would not go that far, but for a Rookie to miss TC is almost the same as a season ending injury, or at the very least be behind all year. He is a 24-year old Rookie to begin with. 

From what we know about him already, think the pick will be well worth it in the long run.

Edited by Cheap Talk