Since1990

Michael Thomas Gets His - Julio Baseline Set

233 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The reason I mentioned this and you have to be careful about what the media say is this.They also misquoted all along that Grady Jarrett was after AD money and were using this just to make news.

Now I’m not gonna stand here and lie to you saying he didn’t want AD money because who wouldn’t.I just think it’s to speculative to pull up these articles and take them as being all the way true.

Yo Lover is probably on the money here he mentioned highest guaranteed money yes most probably but I think the issue becomes on the total amount and that’s what alot are focused on instead of the actual guaranteed.

Even then variables like structure and wording of a deal come into it also as these above mentioned can help the team cap wise.

Agreed. It's what I'm trying to explain to people. I only have the reporters to go off of. And it barks truth to me, because why else would he want more in such a short notice of a top contract. 

8 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You asked where I got it. I posted the article here, article else where. I never heard that there was some unicorn or other reason for a bigger contract. 

The articles you posted didn't back up what you said at all, in any way. Nothing in either article stated, or even implied that Julio wanted the most money. Certainly not that he wanted the most money every year. 

You keep saying that Julio wants to be the highest paid WR every year as if it it's a fact, but you have not presented a shred of evidence for that.

I'm assuming if you actually had a quote that backed up what you're saying, you could have produced it by now. Looks to me all you have is your interpretations of others speculations. That's not proof.

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The articles you posted didn't back up what you said at all, in any way. Nothing in either article stated, or even implied that Julio wanted the most money. Certainly not that he wanted the most money every year. 

You keep saying that Julio wants to be the highest paid WR every year as if it it's a fact, but you have not presented a shred of evidence for that.

I'm assuming if you actually had a quote that backed up what you're saying, you could have produced it by now. Looks to me all you have is your interpretations of others speculations. That's not proof.

First article said 7 receivers were getting more money then him...... "Jones has gotten even better, but seven other receivers now have higher average salaries."......  That's from the first article. First paragraph. 

.... Do I have to look up everything for you? What's next, you want me to get you a phone number for the reporter? 

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

First article said 7 receivers were getting more money then him...... "Jones has gotten even better, but seven other receivers now have higher average salaries."......  That's from the first article. First paragraph. 

.... Do I have to look up everything for you? What's next, you want me to get you a phone number for the reporter? 

Really, you seriously based a year long rant against the best WR in football on that? On a list of WRs that make more than he did? Do other lists trigger you? Do you break out in a cold sweat watching the top 100 slowly being revealed week by week on NFL.com? Were you traumatized by a Letterman top ten list as a child?

HTF do you get from " I'm the best in the game and I'm underpaid" to " I want to be the highest paid WR every single year"? That's a true non sequitur, it doesn't follow. 

Just wanted to make sure it was wild speculation on your part. I'm out of here. 

7 hours ago, falconidae said:

Really, you seriously based a year long rant against the best WR in football on that? On a list of WRs that make more than he did? Do other lists trigger you? Do you break out in a cold sweat watching the top 100 slowly being revealed week by week on NFL.com? Were you traumatized by a Letterman top ten list as a child?

HTF do you get from " I'm the best in the game and I'm underpaid" to " I want to be the highest paid WR every single year"? That's a true non sequitur, it doesn't follow. 

Just wanted to make sure it was wild speculation on your part. I'm out of here. 

Underpaid? Yet when he signed his contract he was the highest contract, and it was just 2 years ago. And he signed it. 

What other way is there to take out? That he had a gun to his to sign? 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:33 AM, vel said:

Wow. Sensible Saint. I never knew these existed. You may actually be a unicorn. 

There are plenty of us!  And I agree with him.  Much like here, our forums have plenty of level-headed folks, and a few nuts.

I love that we locked in CGM, but I do not think he would have cost as much if Brees wasn't at center.  He is perfect for a Brees/Peyton system, just like Graham was, and they both thrived.  Of course, I still think he would be very successful under a different QB, just not as successful.  

I have debated with friends and I still painfully defend that Julio may be the more gifted athlete overall.  I hope I am wrong.  I want to be wrong.  But I also hope that Julio gets paid a boatload of money before I am proven wrong.

Edited by FTF

1 hour ago, FTF said:

There are plenty of us!  And I agree with him.  Much like here, our forums have plenty of level-headed folks, and a few nuts.

I love that we locked in CGM, but I do not think he would have cost as much if Brees wasn't at center.  He is perfect for a Brees/Peyton system, just like Graham was, and they both thrived.  Of course, I still think he would be very successful under a different QB, just not as successful.  

I have debated with friends and I still painfully defend that Julio may be the more gifted athlete overall.  I hope I am wrong.  I want to be wrong.  But I also hope that Julio gets paid a boatload of money before I am proven wrong.

I'm glad you guys can admit Brees and Payton can make WRs look very good. We don't think Thomas lacks talent. I liked him a lot coming out of Ohio St. But the Saints use him where he thrives most and keeps him out of situations where he can struggle (beyond 10-12 yards mainly). He's strong after the catch and it helps highlight Brees' strength these days, which is not much beyond 15 yards. He's like Edelman. Nobody would say he's the best WR in the league, but he's a perfect fit with Brady and would be just ok with any other team. 

8 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Underpaid? Yet when he signed his contract he was the highest contract, and it was just 2 years ago. And he signed it. 

What other way is there to take out? That he had a gun to his to sign? 

Thinking that a list of top paid WRs in an article means that Julio wants to be the top paid WR every year is exactly like watching Takk get 2 sacks in the first game of the season and proclaiming "Takk is on pace for 32 sacks this year"