FalconsIn2012

Julio Says Defensive Depth “Is Amazing”

27 posts in this topic

First, Julio looks like a freak this year.  Dude is locked in.  Love that he is helping out the younger guys with their “professional routine.”  All eyes on Blake this preseason since Julio mentions him by name.

Julio says there is a difference with Quinn calling defense. He also likes the depth on defense.   Calls it “amazing.”  Peter King said Grady has been a monster.  This feels like a special year, fellas/ladies

OT: why cant DLed just listen to Julio.  He asked for no contract questions but DLed played deaf, dumb & stupid

I actually agree... I think our D-line is more talented... I like the fact that we added some bulls to the D-line...

Clayborn is a bully.... Bailey is a bully ... Davidson is a bully in the run game.... Shede is a bully

I like the fact that we are adding those type guys to go with the speed of Takk, Beasley, Campbell, Deion Jones, and Foye

And with the CBs... I really think we did a good job with Jordan Miller and  Kendall Sheffield... I think miller will be a steal.. I think he has early round skillset

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

First, Julio looks like a freak this year.  Dude is locked in.  Love that he is helping out the younger guys with their “professional routine.”  All eyes on Blake this preseason since Julio mentions him by name.

Julio says there is a difference with Quinn calling defense. He also likes the depth on defense.   Calls it “amazing.”  Peter King said Grady has been a monster.  This feels like a special year, fellas/ladies

OT: why cant DLed just listen to Julio.  He asked for no contract questions but DLed played deaf, dumb & stupid

Remember me and some of the guys were trying to get some of you guys to calm down about mini camp and that he’d help the young guys when camp came around? They’re gonna be around each other so much they’ll get coached up by Julio. Also tried to tell some that Julio not coming meant more reps for gage and the other young guys. Now look? Can’t go a day without hearing gages name or Blake. All his well my brother. All is well. 

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Remember me and some of the guys were trying to get some of you guys to calm down about mini camp and that he’d help the young guys when camp came around? They’re gonna be around each other so much they’ll get coached up by Julio. Also tried to tell some that Julio not coming meant more reps for gage and the other young guys. Now look? Can’t go a day without hearing gages name or Blake. All his well my brother. All is well. 

Mini camp was never about him.  At least nothin practicing.  To me it was and still is about his presence and how he can help the younger receivers.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Mini camp was never about him.  At least nothin practicing.  To me it was and still is about his presence and how he can help the younger receivers.

Younger receivers/rookies are overwhelmed just trying to figure out the grind at OTAs. A star player there would be a more of a distraction to them. It’s more about meeting their coaching staff for the first time than anything. 

Ray Lewis....the face of Baltimore Ravens....never went to them.

Now in TC is when young players learn from the vets. 

vel and Ovie_Lover like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Special team this year

Special wide receiver

Special Ed reporter

Special Erectile Dysfunction???

Edited by NCCooley

3 minutes ago, NCCooley said:

Special Erectile Dysfunction???

My IRL name is actually Ed (Edwin). So...too soon, bro.

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

My IRL name is actually Ed (Edwin). So...too soon, bro.

Sorry - I thought it was a play on lEDbetter.

11 hours ago, octoslash said:

Can't comment on Dled because it's not politically correct to use the word 'wee Todd did' anymore.

I agree with the non-use, but even I would give it a pass here.

10 hours ago, atljbo said:

I actually agree... I think our D-line is more talented... I like the fact that we added some bulls to the D-line...

Clayborn is a bully.... Bailey is a bully ... Davidson is a bully in the run game.... Shede is a bully

I like the fact that we are adding those type guys to go with the speed of Takk, Beasley, Campbell, Deion Jones, and Foye

And with the CBs... I really think we did a good job with Jordan Miller and  Kendall Sheffield... I think miller will be a steal.. I think he has early round skillset

I think the release of Robert Alford was a plus as well.  Whether he played too aggressive or officials unfairly targeted him, he became a liability because of the flags. 

I've been saying this all offseason, even before the draft, that the depth isn't bad.

DL: Grady, Vic, Takk, Crawford, Clayborn, Davison, Senat, Bailey

LB: Debo, Campbell, Foye

DB: Tru, Oliver, Kazee, Neal, Rico

If they can all play to or at least close to their potential, we have the talent to have a legit top 15 defense. That's before you include Sheffield, Miller, Carter, Neasman, etc. It's a talented group. They need to perform. 

8 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I think the release of Robert Alford was a plus as well.  Whether he played too aggressive or officials unfairly targeted him, he became a liability because of the flags. 

Alford began playing very passive and lax in 18. That's what got him in trouble and ultimately cut. He'd still have moments, but overall just looked lazy and more concerned about playing off than playing tight. 

31 minutes ago, vel said:

I've been saying this all offseason, even before the draft, that the depth isn't bad.

If they can all play to or at least close to their potential, we have the talent to have a legit top 15 defense. That's before you include Sheffield, Miller, Carter, Neasman, etc. It's a talented group. They need to perform. 

The late additions of Clayborn & Bailey turned things around for our defense in the offseason.  

vel likes this

26 minutes ago, vel said:

Alford began playing very passive and lax in 18. That's what got him in trouble and ultimately cut. He'd still have moments, but overall just looked lazy and more concerned about playing off than playing tight. 

Alford missed Rico & Neal was more that Trufant.  

In terms of coverage, he may have been doing what the coaches too him to do.  

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Alford missed Rico & Neal was more that Trufant.  

In terms of coverage, he may have been doing what the coaches too him to do.  

The bolded is real but I've gone back and watched almost every game so far. Alford played very passive. He was playing to not give up big plays and to corral WRs. It was tough to watch. One example was the Giants game if you want to see what I'm talking about. He was downright petrified of OBJ in that game and even played Shepard soft. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

The bolded is real but I've gone back and watched almost every game so far. Alford played very passive. He was playing to not give up big plays and to corral WRs. It was tough to watch. One example was the Giants game if you want to see what I'm talking about. He was downright petrified of OBJ in that game and even played Shepard soft. 

Was he man up on OBJ like he was on Edelman in SB 51?  I didn’t see that game

49 minutes ago, vel said:

Don't forget Hageman, Cominsky, Odom, Zimmer, and whole bunch of other depth. I think the front 7 will be fine. They just need to be consistent and aggressive, if they're it'll be a top 10 defense for sure. 

36 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Was he man up on OBJ like he was on Edelman in SB 51?  I didn’t see that game

At times yea. In his face but full on bail. OBJ would catch it and you'd see Alford jogging more than full on sprint, waiting for help. Same with him on Shepard at times. It was weird. Week 7 I think, so still early in the year. 

22 hours ago, atljbo said:

Yep, a teams identity starts at the LOS, and we added a bunch of mean, aggressive Harvey Dahl type players, many who are bigger, stronger, more talented and won’t get pushed around.

I think adding these big, strong, gritty, nasty lineman is going to change our teams identity from fast and finesse to nasty where we will gouge you, beat you up, step in you and do whatever we have to to win at the lines. We are going to beat teams up instead of getting beat up by physical teams. 

I also agree these rookie CBs could excel and contribute  early like Brian Poole did.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:25 AM, droopy1592 said:

Can’t even with DLed

I absolutely loathe him as our reporter. Our players hate him. Our fans hate him. Why on earth would the AJC let this goofy, bow-tie wearing d-bag (McGary column, anyone?) be the go-to guy for the biggest show in town?